Feedback Wanted To Acer Z35 or not?

SyZ

I am thinking of getting this monitor(AcerZ35 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009874 ),(not from that site) and im hoping that someone here has any practical hands on experience with it. Any input welcome also:)

GeForce GTX 980 Ti is what I am using, with a Samsung S27D390 ( http://www.game-debate.com/monitor/index.php?mon_id=2466&monitor=Samsung%20S27D390 )

Pros:

-Many features including led light on base and ULMB

-Amazing colors when calibrated correctly

-The 1080p has better support in games than its 1440p counterpart. 

-Gysnc makes the picture appear smooth. Getting 90 FPS is like getting 144 on my non gysnc panel in terms of "smoothness" as oppose to "jitteriness"

Cons:

-Can't adjust stand to be lower (sits too high on my desk, I prefer looking down and not up - generally uncomfortable/neck strain)

-Hard to spot enemies in first person shooter games, the pixel area of enemies is too low ppi to make out sufficient detail for headshots. Headshot rate went way down and overall FPS performance went down compared to my 24" 1920 x 1080 panel.

-The 200hrz overclock is a gimmick since blacks on the VA panel take too long to refresh. Anything over 60fps cause shadows and dark pixels to exhibit black trails which is annoying, gives me a headache and distracts me in games

-The VA panel has too much motion blur, even at high frame rates. A feature exists on the monitor called "Overdrive" Which predicts pixel placement faster and gets rid of most of the blur. The problem is this causes overshoot on dark pixels which makes smears on moving images. The problem is intensified because of the high "refresh" time on dark pixels.

I recommend the x34. Sure it's a bit more expensive but I haven't heard anything negative about the monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009869&cm_re=x34-_-24-009-869-_-Product

Thanks for the help @Donut.
Was in a shop to get a look at the Z35 and the X34, and by far a better picture on the X34.

I did notice almost the same ammunt of blur on both and didn't notice the "Overdrive" method, didn't look for the option. (tested The Division in 1080p on both from the same machine).

I guess its just me but I feel like the Z35 did a better job, as you say " -The 1080p has better support in games than its 1440p counterpart. ", and that's mostly what I am gonna use it for.

Once again Thanks for the input.

-SyZ

• 1 month later...

I don't think I can justify buying a monitor that I'll use for the next 6 years or however long, that isn't better than 1080 vertical.  Otherwise I see myself re-buying that monitor in short order.

I'm planning to get a 3440x1440 (Ultra-Wide) or a very similar ultra-wide around the time Squadron 42 comes out.  The X34 looks great, top of my list, but I can wait, never know if something better will arrive.

Edit:  Crap didn't realize this discussion was a month stale. Sorry about that.

Edited by Boildown