Argo - Utility Snub - Concept Sale Price [POLL] = CIG Set at $35 and $40

VoA

Argo - Utility Snub - Concept Sale Price [POLL]

Please See link to VOTE --- >> Argo - Utility Snub - Concept Sale Price [POLL]

Please Vote in the Poll what you expect (the player base) CIG will price the Argo Concept Ship at. Please see this post (OP) for Poll explanation and details, but post your comments on this thread - thanks. CIG encourages community input as part of the game development process.

With the recent discussion about the new Concept Ships revealed by CIG there has been discussions on these related "sister" threads about having an Argo as a Utility Snub Ship for the RSI - Polaris - Corvette. See links to these threads (below) and Image from Jump Point Magazine suggesting that all Capital Ships should have an Argo as a Utility Snub ship (especially since there are no Star Trek - Transporters in Star Citizen) = so they act as Personnel Shuttles in addition to be a small Utility Ship.

RSI - Polaris - Corvette - Concept Sale Price [POLL] [1,074+Votes]
RSI - Polaris - Corvette - with P52, P72 and new P62 ? [POLL] [296+ VOTES]

tumblr_o2wdz6sd9I1u27joao1_1280.png

++++++
See other recent Concept Sale Price Polls --->>
Drake Buccaneer (Pirate Interceptor) - Concept Sale Price [POLL] [634+ Votes]
Drake - Dragonfly - Concept Sale Price [POLL][291+ VOTES]

&&& 
Inspiring the Modular Option for the Argo see the above JP image text (for various functions) but also this thread for a possible modular Dragonfly....
Drake - Dragonfly - Modular Options (see CR description) [POLL][100+VOTES]

//////////
With this (below) as a description of possible modules... and possible price structure...

$20 = Base Argo (with no modules)
$5 = Passenger Module (see JP mag description) - Argo can function as a Shuttle for Capital Ships (since there are no Transports in SC) 
$5 = Medical Module (see JP description) 
$5 = Repair Module (see JP description) - This is for General Ship repair - not delicate Drone Repair (see Drone Module below)
$5 = Boarding Module (see JP description) 
$5 = Mining Module (set up with Mining Laser and Ore Sensors - then store the ore in an underbelly storage net) - note no refining option
$5 = Salvage Module (set up with robotic arms to delicately remove salvaged ship components then store them in an underbelly storage net) - note no refining option
$5 = Drone Repair and Deployment Module (can capture / transport / repair damaged drones = more of a specialty repair rather than general hull repairs)

I voted yes for passenger, Repair, and a maybe on medical.  Because I'd be careful not to give one ship too much utility because it could devalue the other ships that can't do everything.  Or devalue the ships that are already a rare specialty ship sutch as the cutless red who may struggle to find work.  

And of course I voted yes on the concept sale because I missed the LTI Archimedes sale and could use the LTI token.

When I look at the results of these polls I can't help but to think the results are seriously skewed. You are asking a consumer what price they should pay for a product, wouldn't we assume they almost always choose the lowest option?

I also curious as to the desired result from all of these polls. Is it an attempt to influence CIG in some way?

1 hour ago, GRIZZ said:

I voted yes for passenger, Repair, and a maybe on medical.  Because I'd be careful not to give one ship too much utility because it could devalue the other ships that can't do everything.  Or devalue the ships that are already a rare specialty ship sutch as the cutless red who may struggle to find work.  

And of course I voted yes on the concept sale because I missed the LTI Archimedes sale and could use the LTI token.

Actually the Medical and even Boarding options were from JP mag (from CIG) - did you see it on the image?

1 hour ago, Juntau said:

When I look at the results of these polls I can't help but to think the results are seriously skewed. You are asking a consumer what price they should pay for a product, wouldn't we assume they almost always choose the lowest option?

I also curious as to the desired result from all of these polls. Is it an attempt to influence CIG in some way?

It is really to help CIG see what player "expectations are based on what we know".  Occasionally they turn out to be right on like it did for the Drake Herald (yes - I've been putting up these Concept Sale Price polls for awhile now)....... and sometimes they are way off - like on the Carrrack (which doubled in size based on the fact that the Ship Matrix originally showed it to be Connie size).  

I do know CIG looks at them..... and have evidence from a couple of CR 10ftc.... where he concluded what a "light" corvette should be (vs an Idris)..... and also in the ship replacement time thread from last year ...... to the being able to carry ships as cargo thread (and all of these where responded to by CR right at the time when the thread was raging on the RSI forums - so there is a direct correlation) .....

Besides...... I have to keep up my reputation as being an "insider CIG salesperson"... B)

37 minutes ago, Tom Villder said:

Holy crap, if they made that a concept sale... I'd buy a few if they had S&R and industrial modules.

Ya I hope they make it modular :)

Now that I'm thinking about it... the Argo would be a great rental ship for new recruits who are just getting used to piloting and are involved in small-scale operations (within the same system).  For example, aspiring salvagers would train using the argo and "graduate" to a medium-sized salvage ship or the Crucible.  Minimal replacement cost, easy-to-control ship and no real incentive to steal the ship... imo this is a great alternative to loaning a jump-capable ship right from the word go.

30 minutes ago, VoA said:

Actually the Medical and even Boarding options were from JP mag (from CIG) - did you see it on the image?

I actually don't see medical on the image.

The Jump Point wording on boarding makes it sound like it can be used to board ships using the existing docking collar on the passenger module.  When you made "Boarding" a separate poll option from the passenger module, I assumed you were referring to pirate style boarding which is a whole separate specialty and toolset.

Maybe make it very modular but make it  strictly a tender, without a jump drive or maybe even a Q-drive. The way to make other ships functional is to reduce the functionality. I see this as a helicopter. As a medical station, it would be able to stabilize people in there, not return them to the fight and would not be able to board as well as the cutlass as it would only carry a couple people (3-4). 

1 hour ago, faquarl25 said:

Maybe make it very modular but make it  strictly a tender, without a jump drive or maybe even a Q-drive.

I think that's a given.  With something barebones like that, I bet it would have something like 15-30 minutes of fuel in it.

Basically, if you encounter this in deep space, you know for a fact that the occupant is a dead man (or woman) if there's no carrier/mothership around.

4 hours ago, GRIZZ said:

I actually don't see medical on the image.

The Jump Point wording on boarding makes it sound like it can be used to board ships using the existing docking collar on the passenger module.  When you made "Boarding" a separate poll option from the passenger module, I assumed you were referring to pirate style boarding which is a whole separate specialty and toolset.

Its the first modular option on the right of the image - see it?

RTV today - INN Notes

11:46
- [Which ships other than the Starfarer are in the prior ready Hangar status?] Just some Squadron 42 stuff like the Argo, but not many.

Uargo should not be sold but be a unique exclusive of capital ships from Idris up...

Why is that since they sold the P72 Archimedies separately and it was suppose to be exclusive to the Phoenix....

++++++

RTV
11:58 
- A sale may happen at the end of the next week Ben teases. 

+++++++

The Argo will probably be on the Polaris as well...... per this Jump Point....
tumblr_o2wdz6sd9I1u27joao1_1280.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like that little Argo. I hope if they release it soon, they will also include the different mods that can be interchanged with it.

EG - per VoA

$20 = Base Argo (with no modules)
$5 = Passenger Module (see JP mag description) - Argo can function as a Shuttle for Capital Ships (since there are no Transports in SC) 
$5 = Medical Module (see JP description) 
$5 = Repair Module (see JP description) - This is for General Ship repair - not delicate Drone Repair (see Drone Module below)
$5 = Boarding Module (see JP description) 
$5 = Mining Module (set up with Mining Laser and Ore Sensors - then store the ore in an underbelly storage net) - note no refining option
$5 = Salvage Module (set up with robotic arms to delicately remove salvaged ship components then store them in an underbelly storage net) - note no refining option
$5 = Drone Repair and Deployment Module (can capture / transport / repair damaged drones = more of a specialty repair rather than general hull repairs)

AJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...