VoA

Great analysis @Danakar Endeel

The oddest thing with the Redeemer is how small and compact it is vs other ships ..... making very efficient use of space.   It will likely get larger and have the extra two unmanned turrets CR wanted to see added onto it.

Those that picked up a Redeemer for $250 will be glad they did :)

On 24-6-2017 at 8:48 AM, VoA said:

Great analysis @Danakar Endeel

The oddest thing with the Redeemer is how small and compact it is vs other ships ..... making very efficient use of space.   It will likely get larger and have the extra two unmanned turrets CR wanted to see added onto it.

Those that picked up a Redeemer for $250 will be glad they did :)

Yeah, it is very strange and the 'because of eventual rework' sounds like a lame excuse. Several other ships have seen extensive reworks (Freelancer, Constellation, Cutlass) but none were ever removed from the store because of it. Other ships are also getting reworks (Aurora, 300 series) yet are sold normally.

Heck, the Cutlass Flashfire Mount is broken and likely not going to be in the game at all yet it's still getting sold.

So I suspect that the main reason for CIG removing the Redeemer from the store is because of the $0 Redeemer-to-Merchantman CCU because CIG wants to severely limit the number of people giving themselves a $100 discount by using it as a CCU step to the upcoming Origin 600 (which will likely cost around $375-$450).

$40 NOX LTI > $210 NOX-to-Redeemer CCU > $0 Redeemer-to-BMM CUU > $25+ BMM-to-Origin 600 = $100 discount

As such I also predict that CIG's next step will be to remove all $0 CCU tokens before the Origin 600 goes on sale. That way they can ensure that only people who already have a Merchantman can choose to CCU to the Origin 600 for a discount. Others will need to buy the cash-only Warbond for a discount.

At any rate, I'm happy to have my Redeemer as well as a $250 Merchantman while also still having an original Redeemer (the one with a game package) in my BuyBack. So once the announcement comes that CIG will remove the $0 CCUs (they said we would get an early warning) I can just get my second Redeemer out of storage and apply a $0 CCU BMM token to my other one.

Can't take the sky from me! :P

Redeemer back in store until july 10

Disco Lando | CIG ⚡@discolando
Today at 01:15 pm

UPDATE ON THE REDEEMER:

We've been hearing a lot about the Redeemer for a while now. The Star Citizen community has no shortage of opinions on the Redeemer, and part of this has been due to its unique nature within our project's development. 

At this point in that development. there are only a small number of ships in "Hangar Readiness" as we've refined our pipeline to phase this milestone out and bring ships straight through to Flight Ready status once they begin production. This is why you haven't seen a new Hangar Ready ship since Alpha 2.4 just over a year ago. With this change, only a small handful of ships like the Freelancer and Connie variants are still waiting in a Hangar Ready state. Those and of course, the Redeemer.

I'm certain it will come as no surprise to many of you that the Redeemer is a bit of an island unto its own. It was developed by backers in our TNGS contest, had a mild conversion to Hangar Ready status, and has been awaiting the combo of resources/priority since that time to be rebuilt into a flight-ready member of the Star Citizen spaceship community. The biggest difference between the hangar variants and the Redeemer is that there's a current, flight-ready example of the Freelancer and Connie in game right now, so it’s easier for the buyer to have an informed idea about what they're getting, either by watching videos, renting the ships with REC, or just talking to their fellow Citizens. The Redeemer does not have such an advantage.

The Redeemer is currently scheduled for a rework in the coming year (2018). As it is, like many ships built around that time (a couple years ago), it was done so outside of our current metrics and technologies. As much of the community have already surmised, it will need work before it can take its place within the pantheon of flyable ships for Star Citizen. This presents an uncertainty regarding the Redeemer that no other permanently available ship in our store possesses (see above). When it's time comes, we will have to work out what revisions need to be done, and what aspects we can still bring forward, with a mindful effort to maintain as many of them as we can, just as we've done with every revamp before this. For this reason, and due the feedback from this community we've heard for some time on this same topic, we've decided the best course of action in the interim is to remove it from its permanent availability until such time as we have a better understanding of what is involved in its rework.

That being said, there have been two conversation points raised since we've made this change.

The first is that this change was made as a result of $0 CCU hoarding. While we still have the $0 CCU issue as a whole, this particular action was not taken with any consideration other than the ones mentioned above.

The second is that we did not provide notice. This is the first time we've removed an item from permanent availability in the store, and we agree with many of you that we should have provided notice. For this reason, and to accommodate those with liquid CCU fleets, we are restoring the Redeemer and all relevant CCUs to the store until July 10th, at which point the ship will be removed again until such time as we can better share with you details about its future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It is obvious...

once the rework is done they sell it for $350

$250 was to cheap compared to a Vanguard Warden, at least with all those guns.

and i do not mind if it gets bigger...

Wonder if a fixed size 6 fit on the lower turret spot ^^

if not, 2 missile-racks should do the trick too

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Very Happy that John Crew (CIG) just said in CIG live-stream that the Redeemer will focus on being a Gun Ship and the Valkyrie will focus on being a Dropship (which I think is cool but rather not CCU my Redeemer or even the Tali Drop ship module for the Valkyrie) :)

1 hour ago, VoA said:

Interesting potential fan created re-work - and yes something like this is possible since CR did mention turrets on the ends as shown...

3FBxwvoaIwzRjKJWKM57cA4HOtOpVNg5QFIJKjzqv5w.png?auto=webp&s=338f0e1e1086e2f1eacf275919b435d51a852806

A decent fan creation and I like the more agressive stance. :)

However, the manned turrets on the sides look rather silly to me and I think remote turrets may be a better choice.  That way you also won't need to devote so much space for large walkways running straight through the engine nacelles. The current placement of the turrets combined with the overall design also provides zero coverage to the area directly beneath the ship and as such it creates a massive deadzone when it doesn't need to.  ;)

Personally I still prefer this other version:

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Someone over on the Discord Leaks datamined 3.9.1 and apparently found a text entry and some images of the Redeemer :)

There are few ships that are awaiting deployment as eagerly as the Aegis Dynamics Redeemer. After being featured at two previous Invictus Launch Weeks, the Navy is closer than ever to utilizing the full potential of this cutting-edge gunship. The UEEN has worked closely with Aegis to perfect the Redeemer during this time to ensure that it will meet and exceed all the operational needs of such an advanced vessel. From the early reports arriving from various test squadrons, including the famous 999, the Redeemer is going to be worth the wait. Designed to carry significant cargo and troops, the Redeemer will provide support in a variety of combat situations and logistical operations. The state-of-the-art technology employed by Aegis should make the craft one of the easiest to maintain to operational-effective standards. Additionally, the boarding hatch will permit faster transitions in situ while the VectorLock thruster design will allow for optimal maneuvering via its twin nacelles. High Command is eager to see what the Redeemer can do once it finds its way into the hands of enthusiastic pilots across the Naval fleet.

Redeemer-DiscordLeak1.thumb.png.ea252bd75805cb0b3ec09600fc09669a.pngRedeemer-DiscordLeak2.thumb.png.88b03aeffbd74bbbddf4487d7aedcb1b.png

• 4 months later...

Some still images. It seems that the guns that were originally shown on the cheeks (on the Fleet Week model) have now been moved to under the 'wings' near the nacelles instead. To me it looks better this way as the front was getting a bit cluttered.

Also appears that CIG still plans on keeping that new tail turret. :)

NewRedeemer1.thumb.png.1899864499be610587f24efb9e5cdd07.pngNewRedeemer2.thumb.png.4d2d298305246789d1158c48820e3bbe.pngNewRedeemer3.thumb.png.e3710acf79143f955dbbf11e2d84d400.pngNewRedeemer4.thumb.png.93bdee516d264d43eeb9416e2ff201e1.pngNewRedeemer5.thumb.png.e55663d8c44806342987bf8ee0947730.pngNewRedeemer6.thumb.png.2a90d6b3eb9bd0ebb0b03e2d2239717a.png

NewRedeemer7.thumb.png.b936fafc0c1d1c991cb8f9a73e57add4.png

I'm very happy with the new Redeemer ship and they didn't show it in the video on Friday but the interiors look like they're going to be more spacious as well.   I think that they are really fulfilling its promise that Chris Roberts wanted to focus on which is the gunship model as opposed to it being a dropship which we have enough dropships now as it is... But at the same time I don't think it has completely lost that functionality with the ramp.

I do like where the ship is heading with regard to its size increase and redesign, but in my opinion the wheels are bit of an afterthought.  They look too small and not really placed where it will give the ship the most clearance for off-field landings.  You have a slight slope landing or hit a rock on touchdown and the ramp is going to provide some difficult exit and entry challenges.  The lower undercarriage seems a bit too flat or square in my opinion compared to how rounded the rest of ship appears to be and it does not work well with the flow of the engine nacelles.  Overall, I am pleased and cannot wait to get my hands on this ship and try it out in the verse.

MB

I'm really wondering what they are now going to use all that space for now that they decided to remove the seats. Even though during Invictus Fleet Week it said on the computerscreen that it would have them. All this flip-flopping is making my head spin.

Redeemer-Invictus.thumb.png.c36de92e012e32427c5901678fdc3062.png

Aegis Dynamics Redeemer

“There are few ships that are awaiting deployment as eagerly as the Aegis Dynamics Redeemer. After being featured at two previous Invictus Launch Weeks, the Navy is closer than ever to utilizing the full potential of this cutting-edge gunship. The UEEN has worked closely with Aegis to perfect the Redeemer during this time to ensure that it will meet and exceed all the operational needs of such an advanced vessel. From the early reports arriving from various test squadrons, including the famous 999, the Redeemer is going to be worth the wait.
Designed to carry significant cargo and troops, the Redeemer will provide support in a variety of combat situations and logistical operations. The state-of-the-art technology employed by Aegis should make the craft one of the easiest to maintain to operational-effective standards. Additionally, the boarding hatch will permit faster transitions in situ while the VectorLock thruster design will allow for optimal maneuvering via its twin nacelles. High Command is eager to see what the Redeemer can do once it finds its way into the hands of enthusiastic pilots across the Naval fleet.”

We can still see that the Redeemer has the boarding hatch on the bottom so that makes it even more confusing to hear they have removed the seats for the marines. Unless it's now just meant to be a docking hatch for that ship-to-ship docking mechanic. 😕

NewRedeemer5.thumb.png.c63c2cb22ba274a77912e58b7c8b528c.png

I get the AI-pathing and why corridors need to be larger in order to have NPCs navigate them and all but having just a big empty box sounds rather odd. As such I would have preferred having those fold-out seats similar to what the Cutlass Black (and Ursa Rover) has. That way it wouldn't take up much space at all and would still allow you to carry extra people in the back when needed.

Personally I think the main reason why they removed the seats was because otherwise it might make the Hoplite completely obsolete. That one also has 6 jumpseats for marines and the dimensions of that space seem similar to the space we will have on the lower deck of the Redeemer. If that was the actual reason for their removal though it would be pretty lame imo.

After reading through all the Spectrum threads about the above mentioned post, I think people have an unrealistic expectation sometimes to what we are getting versus what they want (aka, special snowflakes).  I do agree that five crewmembers might be a tad high for a ship that was sold as a three member ship and feel that the nose turret should be controlled by the pilot along with the wing mounted weapons.  Whatever CIG hands us will be amazing and I will roll with the punches based on its final loadout. 

This ship has grown in size, has had a complete makeover with regard to its previous release and I cannot wait to get my hands on the Redeemer and have some fun in the verse with my Red Stapler engine nacelles and shopping cart landing gear.

MB

9 hours ago, Morgen Black said:

After reading through all the Spectrum threads about the above mentioned post, I think people have an unrealistic expectation sometimes to what we are getting versus what they want (aka, special snowflakes).  I do agree that five crewmembers might be a tad high for a ship that was sold as a three member ship and feel that the nose turret should be controlled by the pilot along with the wing mounted weapons.  Whatever CIG hands us will be amazing and I will roll with the punches based on its final loadout. 

This ship has grown in size, has had a complete makeover with regard to its previous release and I cannot wait to get my hands on the Redeemer and have some fun in the verse with my Red Stapler engine nacelles and shopping cart landing gear.

MB

Yeah, 5 crew for what was originally commissioned, designed, and sold as a 3-man gunship sounds rather excessive; especially if all those 2 additional crew do is man a single 2xS3 remote turret. That sounds more like bloating up the crew size for no real reason.

As such I'm hoping that with John's mention of computer blades that I can turn the rear turret into an automated PDS. The front remote turret should be slaved to the pilot by default in my opinion though. Every other ship that I know of with remote turrets already do this stock (Mustang/Reliant/Freelancer/Hornet) so not sure why the Redeemer suddenly needs a crewmember for it.

Ah well, at least John said we should be able to slave 'some' turrets; so I guess with 1 or 2 blades at most I can still have a 3-man Redeemer that will still operate reasonably well. Personally didn't really care for the dropseats but I hope they didn't also remove all the cargo capacity and that it will at least still have 6-8SCU or so capacity for cargo in the tail compartment or something. ;) 

At least those 2xS5 manned turrets should give it some punch and it's nice to see that CIG still plans on the Redeemer being the "Fighting Constellation" that Chris Roberts wanted it to be (according to Ben Lesnick). :)

• 2 months later...