RSI - Polaris - Corvette

VoA

Is there a source that says the missile launchers are fixed forward? I picked up a Polaris as have been following every release of information on it I can and have never seen any official source talk about if the missile launchers are fixed forward, or swivel like a turret and are controlled by the weapons officer on the bridge?

3 hours ago, Amedeus said:

Is there a source that says the missile launchers are fixed forward? I picked up a Polaris as have been following every release of information on it I can and have never seen any official source talk about if the missile launchers are fixed forward, or swivel like a turret and are controlled by the weapons officer on the bridge?

They're listed as "anti fighter missiles", so I'd say swiveling is mandatory for tracking.

On 11/6/2016 at 1:44 AM, Riley Egret said:

They're listed as "anti fighter missiles", so I'd say swiveling is mandatory for tracking.

That is my thinking and my hope and belief, hence why i'm asking these people who throw out "facts" saying they are fixed, whom never get back to me on where they heard that other, other then the old rumor mill down the street.

the stats page. tbh the rest of the ships aren't swivel launchers.

Anti-fighter means the standard missile as far as I know. Either way with only 2 launchers(not sure of actual specs) and both have only 16 missiles no extra reloads written down on the specs. can presume extra reload in cargo hold, but can't reload by them selves or with ease. 

Either way, not ship has a swivel launcher, even the Idris afaik. #

For what I am thinking is a primary strike craft, with secondary security role.

• 2 weeks later...

Few images from Voon on RSI

Sure, here's a few orthographical views. Since it's a Holomodel, usually full of mesh errors, it's interestingly see through from the side :)

hdZjOft.png

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

L7nGYc8.jpg

dhDLz2n.jpg

• 2 months later...

How to deal with a ship that's not going to be flyable for some time? :(

Have it printed on canvas so you can look at it every day until it is! :D

ad23hcu.png

I had it printed on a 100cmx50cm frame and it's currently hanging in my little 'game room'. Eventually this particular piece will be displayed in my living room once the new wallpaper, laminate flooring and new furniture has gone in. :)

Source image that I used (5240x2614)

5 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

How to deal with a ship that's not going to be flyable for some time? :(

Have it printed on canvas so you can look at it every day until it is! :D

ad23hcu.png

I had it printed on a 100cmx50cm frame and it's currently hanging in my little 'game room'. Eventually this particular piece will be displayed in my living room once the new wallpaper, laminate flooring and new furniture has gone in. :)

Source image that I used (5240x2614)

Thank you for the link, I found my new wallpaper

I've been thinking of getting some gaming screenshots printed from a place like Bay Photo.  How did it turn out?  Was the resolution more than enough?  My concern is that a 1080p screenshot won't scale very big, and even with 4x DSR there might be limitations.

I've also been collecting NASA images and will get them at the same time when there's a good sale.

Edit: If that is actually hand painted, then that is really impressive.

Edited by Boildown

11 hours ago, Boildown said:

I've been thinking of getting some gaming screenshots printed from a place like Bay Photo.  How did it turn out?  Was the resolution more than enough?  My concern is that a 1080p screenshot won't scale very big, and even with 4x DSR there might be limitations.

I've also been collecting NASA images and will get them at the same time when there's a good sale.

Edit: If that is actually hand painted, then that is really impressive.

Oh no, mine wasn't hand painted or anything; it was just printed on canvas at a shop in my country called Webprint.nl. They had a 50% off deal on their canvas stuff and just happened to have a 100cmx50cm frame as an option at the time. So in the end I got it for just around €40 including shipping which seemed like a pretty sweet deal to me.

1080p might end up a bit too rough around the edges and/or blurry. I also was considering some other images at first but decided against it as they were just too low-res. The Polaris image on the other hand was 5240x2614, fit the 100x50 frame perfectly and turned out great. :D

• 1 month later...

How to deal with a ship that's not going to be flyable for some time? [emoji20]

Have it printed on canvas so you can look at it every day until it is! [emoji3]

ad23hcu.png

I had it printed on a 100cmx50cm frame and it's currently hanging in my little 'game room'. Eventually this particular piece will be displayed in my living room once the new wallpaper, laminate flooring and new furniture has gone in. [emoji4]
Source image that I used (524[emoji299])

Will that work for Idris too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Yeah even then I think it was too big. there is over hangs lips which would make things smaller max size. we have the fighter sizes so that should be official.

I believe you're right as the hangar doors do not seem to open up all the way. It's a shame though as I think the Cutlass would have made the perfect all-purpose vehicle for the Polaris.

Nah, I doubt it will increase to a frigate. It will be a possibility that it'll increase the length by 10-20m, but not the class sizing name. After all it doesn't have mini-carrier size hanger and have Sq42 placement "rooms". Anyway  they won't want to make another  corvette yet again :D

Anyway, prefer that there is more than just 1 UEE corvette

16 hours ago, Donut said:

Yeah totally 

giphy.gif

Let me add that it's the UK office that up-sizes everything ;) 

The head (Erin R) and a few of the Devs are from US.

Again, I like the Polaris for Strike attacker or security craft on it's own (with whatever craft is in it's hanger), but any large craft then it should run.  Even thought it is listed as a blockhead craft, I doubt it.