BBC Click Star Citizen segment (360p) - YouTube

VoA

I really didn't like how the guy just flat out said the game "is late". There was an early projected release date in the beginning and people took off and ran with it thinking that's when we would be playing this amazing game, without realizing just how long something like this would take. I'm so happy BBC didn't mention fucking HHSNBN. GG BBC, other than that fuck them.

16 minutes ago, PixelChaos said:

i feel like these reporters dont know games, they missed alot of critical points or just spent 5 sec on them

That's every news piece ever done. They don't have the time to research everything. In that same day I'm sure that guy also did 3 other stories in/around London. The point was to paint a bland picture of what Star Citizen is, and it was alright I guess, but the BBC is still trash.

8 hours ago, Donut said:

I really didn't like how the guy just flat out said the game "is late". There was an early projected release date in the beginning and people took off and ran with it thinking that's when we would be playing this amazing game, without realizing just how long something like this would take. I'm so happy BBC didn't mention fucking HHSNBN. GG BBC, other than that fuck them.

Well... it is. Or to be more precise, it's going to take longer than originally planned. I think they made a fair explanation of the fact that the increased funding lead to an increased scope of ambition. If you give Chris asks for 20 mil and you give him a 100 mil, hes not going to pocket the extra. He's going to do a 100 mil game. A 100 mil game takes longer to make than a 20 mil game.

I mean they clearly read some of Smarts work here, and they decided to only mention "people on the internet being upset" in passing. They could have gone for ratings with a big drama piece as well. Most of the report was pretty bland info for old people who have never heard of this stuff.....

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Yes I saw the interview... The problem is that it was a "projected" release date and wasn't official. Flat out saying it's late is wrong on BBC's part.

Come on man, they had it on stuff and said it often. It was very much official. It was a 2 year kickstarter project, now we're looking at it being a 5-6 year project. It's not even on the same timescale.

If we tell people something taking 2-3 times longer than initially projected and then saying it's not a delay people will keep calling SC fans cool-aid cultists. What happened is they changed the scope of the project, and with the grander scale came a longer timeline. Which means we'll get it much later than expected.

But that is a delay. If I go to the amazing pizza place and the pizza guy tells me "about 15 minutes" that is a projected and unofficial release date for my pizza. It'll probably slip to 20-25 minutes a lot of the time. If I'm still sitting here an hour later though, and the pizza guy tells me my pizza is not delayed..... Sure, pizza guy, sure. I'll forgive you if the pizza is amazing, but don't tell me it's not late. 

@Donut At this point it's all about semantics. Expanded scope = delayed in some peoples minds. Now, CIG has said at certain points the they would be done with X feature by X date, for sure. And most of those dates were missed, but most of the criticism comes from people that are either: A-really hungry to get an awesome game (which they think SC will be) and/or B-don't know anything about game development and quite frankly don't give a damn. 

I always boil it down to two simple questions:

Q. Will the game actually release?   A. I sure as hell hope so. I am personally confident that it will

Q. When will the game release? A. Not soon enough for me or many other people that are waiting!

With that, I am in the crowd that is willing to wait because I am assuming they will be able to build a more complete and functional game with more time. Could I be wrong? Surely, but am I wrong? 

Even if star citizen doesnt release (which i sure hope it does) we still have an awesome community built up and im sure we can point our vision towards a new game to tackle together. As for the piece i thought it was alright. As mentioned before there is no such thing as bad press.

On 2/14/2016 at 9:10 PM, Swiftsure said:

If you give Chris asks for 20 mil and you give him a 100 mil, hes not going to pocket the extra. He's going to do a 100 mil game. A 100 mil game takes longer to make than a 20 mil game.

Hell yea I agree. Get the money back in the game! It's still in development stage. He can profit for all I care after launch. Which would still be a good run for money.

3 hours ago, Crov said:

Even if star citizen doesnt release (which i sure hope it does) we still have an awesome community built up and im sure we can point our vision towards a new game to tackle together. As for the piece i thought it was alright. As mentioned before there is no such thing as bad press.

Plugging ears .He didn't say that........think happy thoughts.......

Just hope it's not frozen.......type.