Buy back token with credits is live

Codryn

If they leave it like it is, all this shit storm will damage future pledges if not even refunds. Let`s hope that this 1 token is only for testing. I have only 100 items but is damn hard to choose what to stay and what to go at this stage of game.

3 hours ago, CC-Corp said:

I think we're miss understanding things her, I thought the one token was for use with account credit, but your still going to beable to buy back with real money? 

So there basically saying you get one free unmelt, the rest you need to pay, good business plan :P 

nothing to be misunderstood the ability to buy back with real money was already in

as a frequent grey market user, yes this system can be exploited by the traders. the current buy back system has also been exploited by traders, diverting some of the funds away from CIG.

they have to keep a balance to it and stop the leak, as a business enterprise. 

i don't know, but if people can't decide what ships to unmelt, they can do it closer to PU launch. no harm done. 1000 ships in your buy back pledges? clearly that's an intention to game on the grey market and exploit the buy back system. not saying that i'm against it or for, but just stating the facts.

I can see having 100 or 1000 unmelts. But honestly how many of them were you going to buy back? There aren't that many ships to buy. Even at one a piece, you're capped out and running well into duplicate territory.

And since it's buy backs, how many ships do you think you want to unmelt that you had and got rid of for current ships. You can always ccu, but this is to add to your fleet. Not counting the new ships people will be tempted to get.

TL;DR: I think it's fine. People won't need more.

9 hours ago, Donut said:

I understand where they're going with it. This is to keep funds within CIG, and slow down the grey market by not allowing outside sources from banking on their success. This is the same concept to Insider Trading; " the illegal practice of trading on the stock exchange to one's own advantage ".

Actually the way the new system is set up it makes it very easy for the Grey Market sellers.  They don't actually need to carry inventory anymore, so there will be no large pre-purchases from CIG by GM re-sellers.  They can just buy/melt/buy/melt/buy/melt... through the duration of a sale with credit = 1x cost of the ship.  Then when they need to make a sale they will add cash per sale.

Previously they had to hold their inventory and CIG made a huge sale and risk of not selling was carried by the GM re-seller.

1 hour ago, Irres said:

Actually the way the new system is set up it makes it very easy for the Grey Market sellers.  They don't actually need to carry inventory anymore, so there will be no large pre-purchases from CIG by GM re-sellers.  They can just buy/melt/buy/melt/buy/melt... through the duration of a sale with credit = 1x cost of the ship.  Then when they need to make a sale they will add cash per sale.

Previously they had to hold their inventory and CIG made a huge sale and risk of not selling was carried by the GM re-seller.

They may make it to where you can't gift a token ship, where it would be bound to your account like when someone uses concierge to get a ship back

16 hours ago, Irres said:

THIS! CIG basically opened the door to the grey market with this.

Instead of a grey marketeer having to take risks and invest a lot of money buying each individual ship with cash and then hope he can sell them for profit they can now buy 1 ship with store credit, melt it after 24 hours (and have it show up in his 'buy back' list), use the same store credit again over and over until the sale ends. One week of sales of 1 ship would equal 7 ships in his 'buy back' list. Then he suddenly has an inventory of 7 'buy back' ships without having spent a dime. Then he offers the 7 ships for cash, skims off the profit and uses the rest to buy and gift the ship with no risk at all. And if nobody buys his ships it doesn't matter as he hasn't lost any real money.

I think the grey market was a very big deal a year ago.

But imho from all that I am following they grey market seems almost dead currently meaning many peoples are selling but not much buying at high rates is going on. The many sales that we got plus things like upgrades and unmelts mean that apart from very few special ships like Idris and Scythe stuff is not so hard to get anymore and everybody informed also knows that there will be big sales of almost everything again every few months. With CIG having more insight into actual numbers in relation to total backers I don't think CIG should be worried about it at this point.

2 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

THIS! CIG basically opened the door to the grey market with this.

Instead of a grey marketeer having to take risks and invest a lot of money buying each individual ship with cash and then hope he can sell them for profit they can now buy 1 ship with store credit, melt it after 24 hours (and have it show up in his 'buy back' list), use the same store credit again over and over until the sale ends. One week of sales of 1 ship would equal 7 ships in his 'buy back' list. Then he suddenly has an inventory of 7 'buy back' ships without having spent a dime. Then he offers the 7 ships for cash, skims off the profit and uses the rest to buy and gift the ship with no risk at all. And if nobody buys his ships it doesn't matter as he hasn't lost any real money.

With all due respect, i think you are a little late to the party! this is nothing new and grey marketers as well as regular members have been doing this for quick some time, buying ships with credit, melting, repeat... 

the real surprise was not this newest "credit token BS" buy back option but rather the  cash un-melt option allowing the ships purchased with cash to be giftable. this is the only reason that grey marketers are now free of inventory woes. Had CIG made all un-melt purchases non-giftable, they would have effectively stopped this practice but would have also limited their own sales.

the grey market will continue but those that have made big money over the last two years will look to sell off inventory and move onto other ventures as the days of great returns are now dead.

AJ

for me persoonly its abit bad, as i melted some standalone ships wich i tryed to get al into shippacks, but forgot i got them for cheap so getting them into packs cost me tomuch ;o, i melted a bunch thinking i can manual unmelt them at some point anyways, but cost some time now

and thinking about reducing my pledgelvl, depanding abit how it goes at work