Escape from Tarkov

Donut

Just now, Donut said:

Stalker was a Russian game and this looks a lot like it

Yeah, its just that Wargaming in the past were overly biast towards it's russian players and servers allowing them to do and have things that players on EU and US servers could not. Once bitten twice shy i am on the matter m8. :(

Standalone flopped, in some opinions... and Arma 3 only came out with Breaking point with zeds, Epoch was a large pile of bullshit... Exile had reserved that slot, and Epoch didn't even have Zombies.. yet they continue to call it 'dayz'. 

But this game.. it looks like it might be interesting.. depends on where they take it. Hopefully in the right direction, to a more international market.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm currently playing it. I've enjoyed my experiences with it. Be aware that as the game is in closed Alpha at the moment you have to buy the most expensive package to get access to it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the maps are just temporary. To give players a taste of things to come. Eventually there will be an open world. Now is it worth the $100+ for Alpha access. That's another story entirely.

I saw that if you buy the cheaper one, it says possibility of access to Alpha. Anyone know how that is being calculated. I would love to pay the alpha but wouldn't want to pay $149 for an early access game... (that isnt Star Citizen of course)

Early access for $120 for a game of this type is clearly OTT from my PoV for what your investment return is. Atleast with SC we're getting craft inwhich take months to earn ingame, which seems like a much better shake than what Tarkov is offering.

This for me is a big warning sign. If the dev's of this game are asking you to pay over 4-5 times the price of a early access game, (Dayz = £22) to test this game for them, (rather than offering you a discount for testing said game).

Remember (EA) Dev teams can walk away at any time, and in a lot of case's with your money and leave with a unfinished broken game.

Like any early access game, spend what you can afford to lose and make sure you can deal with any consequences rationally.

32 minutes ago, Basard said:

Early access for $120 for a game of this type is clearly OTT from my PoV for what your investment return is. Atleast with SC we're getting craft inwhich take months to earn ingame, which seems like a much better shake than what Tarkov is offering.

This for me is a big warning sign if the devs of this game are asking you to pay over 4-5 times the price of a early access game (Dayz = £22) to test this game for them, (rather than offering you a discount for testing said game).

Remember (EA) Dev teams can walk away at any time and in a lot of case's with your money and leave with a unfinished broken game.

Like any early access game, spend what you can afford to lose and make sure you can deal with any consequences rationally.

This is true, I still feel the burn from DayZ

@Basard I couldn't agree with you more. @AdmiralBoom the chances of getting into the Alpha is really hit or miss. No one's entirely sure what the developers method of calculating who gets in and who doesn't is. They've made posts about it but it's not very clear at this point.

Yup it's been confirmed that they're will be a campaign mode. I do want to add that the developers have said that the game is nearing Beta. Chatter on the forums suggests that it will be Early 2017. My guess is Quarter 1 or 2 of the year. The game is currently in Extended Alpha Testing.

• 11 months later...

This game has come such a long way from when I started back a year ago!

The game will be 25% discount for about a week and they will be awarding 7day access beta keys to everyone that is registered on their website but doesn't own the game. I also have two 7 day access beta keys I can give away.

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, Th3 Warm0ng3r said:

Anyone playing, ive been binging on this game for the last week. in love with it and hate it for all the time i put into a gun and then lose it lol

Yeah I'm playing and wouldn't mind some back up. As to when I'm playing it...I'm not totally consistent. 

I've been playing this game since Closed Alpha/Beta. Bought EOD as soon as sales went live and I don't regret it. It's been ups and downs with the server performance and stability throughout it's history though. That's the one thing that worries me about the game itself.

But besides that it's an awesome game and I'd be up to playing if anyone wants to squad up.