2.0 Crash?

Xethos

I have had from 5 minutes to several hours. The deviation in access time before a crash was explained in a way that sort of made sense on one of the Twitch feed comments.

If the entire server population is off doing different things instead of banding together or congregating, then the server is constantly spooling up additional NPC mobs to be dealt with. At some point this is dragging the server into a fault sequence and it will shut down.

This sounds correct from what I have seen at times. I have gone to a Comm Station mission and noticed as many as 6+ Pirates fighting the security forces. As I approach, another gang is spawned. So that one station alone is probably looking at three or more spawns worth of activity. The entire Crusader instance is one map, and even with a 16 player cap, there has to be a tipping point on how many NPC mobs can live in it at any given time without corrupting/overloading the instance.

Apparently a known thing if discussed, and as mentioned, maybe already dealt with in 2.1 – DRUM out

edit: the PTU 2.1 is a LOT more stable from what I have seen. Hours (once in). - DRUM

11 hours ago, Drum said:

I have had from 5 minutes to several hours. The deviation in access time before a crash was explained in a way that sort of made sense on one of the Twitch feed comments.

If the entire server population is off doing different things instead of banding together or congregating, then the server is constantly spooling up additional NPC mobs to be dealt with. At some point this is dragging the server into a fault sequence and it will shut down.

This sounds correct from what I have seen at times. I have gone to a Comm Station mission and noticed as many as 6+ Pirates fighting the security forces. As I approach, another gang is spawned. So that one station alone is probably looking at three or more spawns worth of activity. The entire Crusader instance is one map, and even with a 16 player cap, there has to be a tipping point on how many NPC mobs can live in it at any given time without corrupting/overloading the instance.

Apparently a known thing if discussed, and as mentioned, maybe already dealt with in 2.1 – DRUM out

Yeah, my time has varied from about 10 minutes to three hours.  I would say the average would be about 25 to 30 minutes.  do not worry though @Xethos, this is all server-side.  This is what the Alpha is all about; giving CIG the data necessary as they ramp up their servers.  As @Drum has pointed out here, a lot of it has to do with what and how much is loaded in the Crusader system as the entire volume is an instance right now.  Version 2.1 will have a lot of this addressed.  What I have yet to find out is if 2.1 will have multiple instances within the same map, separating the various NPCs/humans for memory and packet delivery sake.

7 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

Yeah, my time has varied from about 10 minutes to three hours.  I would say the average would be about 25 to 30 minutes.  do not worry though @Xethos, this is all server-side.  This is what the Alpha is all about; giving CIG the data necessary as they ramp up their servers.  As @Drum has pointed out here, a lot of it has to do with what and how much is loaded in the Crusader system as the entire volume is an instance right now.  Version 2.1 will have a lot of this addressed.  What I have yet to find out is if 2.1 will have multiple instances within the same map, separating the various NPCs/humans for memory and packet delivery sake.

Awesome thanks for the clarification!

First question is ...Who's getting 2.1?  PTU Bubbas?  Any way, Win 10, updated drivers and constantly crashing in 2.0.  I can consistently access hanger and AC, however I last about average of 10-20 minutes in the Universe MOD.  I can actually complete 1 comm array before being booted.  very annoying....Here's my specs:

i7-4790..4.0Ghz

ASUS Z97

16 GB Corsair Vengeance

ASUS NVidia GTX970

WD 750GB 7200 HDD

PM me @ hddown2005@yahoo.com please, thanks citizen brothers/sisters!

V/r Timmy