Saber in PTU

Psychopath

Nice! :)

But could you load it up in the holoviewer for me and check what type and size hardpoints are listed for the front and back (and what guns it has mounted)?

Some peculiar reports are coming in regarding the Sabre's hardpoints. Someone apparently loaded it up in the holotable and it came back to him as listing 2x S2 turret hardpoints with S2 Badgers and 2x S3 gimbals with S3 Panthers. I thought the Sabre would come with 4x S3 max.

Just wondering what the max size fixed weapons can be mounted on it.

no idea how to load it lol i just logged into the new PTU and it was there. and from looking at it, the saber looks like it has 2 size 3 fixed mounted wing cannons and 2 sized 2 gimble nose gun mounts *mounts are on each side of the cockpit*

51 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Nice! :)

But could you load it up in the holoviewer for me and check what type and size hardpoints are listed for the front and back (and what guns it has mounted)?

Some peculiar reports are coming in regarding the Sabre's hardpoints. Someone apparently loaded it up in the holotable and it came back to him as listing 2x S2 turret hardpoints with S2 Badgers and 2x S3 gimbals with S3 Panthers. I thought the Sabre would come with 4x S3 max.

Just wondering what the max size fixed weapons can be mounted on it.

Remember the ship isnt finished ;) and stats will change

4 hours ago, Doopsums said:

Well, apparently the S2 issue on the nose could come from someone that has an hard time removing gimbal nodes in the holotable :rolleyes:

Could anyone with access check this out?

5 hours ago, danredda said:

I love how quickly we've got this. The amount of secrecy they must've had around the ship had to have been crazy, considering we didn't know about it til Citcon. (I think that's when it was first announced)

Oh yes, though Ben continually hinted us on occasion that there were more ships we didn't know about :P

1 hour ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

Just my thought it sits so low, maybe the best looking ship so far.

Of all the fighters for sure. I'm still more of a fan of the Reclaimer's rugged looks though?

1 hour ago, Gustav.Henrik said:

Oh yes, though Ben continually hinted us on occasion that there were more ships we didn't know about :P

Im sure they'll crank out all the known ships first though. Id rather have them fix an polish the PU and its mechanics/content first before they tackle new ships.. But with the new pipeline we'll see them churn out ships much faster then before. I hope to see some more Banu and Xi'an ships in the near future.

10 hours ago, Psychopath said:

no idea how to load it lol i just logged into the new PTU and it was there. and from looking at it, the saber looks like it has 2 size 3 fixed mounted wing cannons and 2 sized 2 gimble nose gun mounts *mounts are on each side of the cockpit*

Cool, thanks for checking. So it seems I may still be allowed to fly a full 4xS3 Panther loadout.

9 hours ago, Doopsums said:

Yeah I know, "all stats are subject to nerfs once we have your money" ;)

4 hours ago, Riley Egret said:

Well, apparently the S2 issue on the nose could come from someone that has an hard time removing gimbal nodes in the holotable :rolleyes:

Could anyone with access check this out?

Yeah, that's my main concern. As I don't have PTU access I can't check or I would have simply pulled the Panthers from my second Sabre and try to attach them to my first one. I bought mine on the premise of equipping 4 S3 fixed guns. When someone started writing about S2 turret hardpoints that could only accept S2 turret pucks. I got a little concerned as I don't want motherfucking gimbals on my motherfucking plane.

Sabre_spec_Sheet.jpg

8 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Cool, thanks for checking. So it seems I may still be allowed to fly a full 4xS3 Panther loadout.

Yeah I know, "all stats are subject to nerfs once we have your money" ;)

Yeah, that's my main concern. As I don't have PTU access I can't check or I would have simply pulled the Panthers from my second Sabre and try to attach them to my first one. I bought mine on the premise of equipping 4 S3 fixed guns. When someone started writing about S2 turret hardpoints that could only accept S2 turret pucks. I got a little concerned as I don't want motherfucking gimbals on my motherfucking plane.

Sabre_spec_Sheet.jpg

I agree on all the problem is that if it's a clipping issue, it's going to be very hard to get those nose S3 back ( they have to retract for stealth reasons )... and btw, about the S4, I doubt they will stay for the same reason.

I could live with a 2xS2 gimbal + 2S4 ( which would go against monoboating) but I doubt that would fly...

7 minutes ago, Riley Egret said:

I agree on all the problem is that if it's a clipping issue, it's going to be very hard to get those nose S3 back ( they have to retract for stealth reasons )... and btw, about the S4, I doubt they will stay for the same reason.

I could live with a 2xS2 gimbal + 2S4 ( which would go against monoboating) but I doubt that would fly...

Yeah, personally I'm totally fine with monoboating as then I only have to worry about 1 pip. And for a fast and maneuverable fighter that should be perfect. So I sincerely hope CIG will keep the max weapon size the same and doesn't go all Hornet on it with all kinds of different hardpoint sizes and fuck everything up ;)

2x S4 would also be silly for a medium fighter as to me that would just be a stunt from CIG Marketing to rake in more cash and then it would just cause CIG to nerf it after the sale. 4x S3 fixed sounded perfect for me when compared to the overall gun sizes allowed on the Super Hornet.

• 9 months later...
9 hours ago, Archangel said:

Right now it's an absolute monster. Shield recharge rate is set so high it's nigh invincible! If you've got one, I highly recommend taking it out for a test drive while you've essentially got a tank. 

it is more that the super hornet was made less maneuverable.  The shield recharge for the sabre is on par with that of the vanguard. 

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 8:07 PM, Cincinnatus said:

it is more that the super hornet was made less maneuverable.  The shield recharge for the sabre is on par with that of the vanguard. 

No, actually its shields are one order of magnitude too strong at recovering strength than is intended. Someone messed up a decimal place. It'll be fixed in 2.6 or if they do another minor patch to 2.5.  It is the top ride right now due to this problem/feature.

Just now, Boildown said:

No, actually its shields are one order of magnitude too stronger at recovering strength than intended.  It'll be fixed in 2.6 or if they do another minor patch to 2.5.  It is the top ride right now due to this problem/feature.

source?