LGF

So, in summary (I just looked too)

Vanguard nose was changed significantly-gun layout was swapped from:

X                X

X      X  

to:

X            X

X            X

There are also doors for the landing gear (that are open), exposing the gear bays.  They've added 2x4 missiles to the bottom of the ship, these are on a rack and not in a bay.  All interiors have been swapped out in some form or fashion:

-No stairs to cause problems boarding, now the ramp is flat.

-The Warden pod layout is changed and now includes a toilet.  Engineering is switched to left side between beds and weapons rack.  Turret is now accessible.  

-The 'neck' now functions properly and lighting/materials have been updated.  You can now press F and trigger the seat to come back towards you like it was originally advertised.

-Cockpit controls are now unique, a blend of Sabre and Retaliator, instead of just a lift from the Tali.  This results in significantly improved vision.  

I can't be sure, but I think there are a bunch of additional stickers and small additions to the exterior.  OH YEAH, and the Death Ballistic gun looks a lot better.  It now has an orange interior glow.

And STL Youngblood with a timely update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MXcpjN9Vhs

Edited by FoxChard
Vid

2 hours ago, FoxChard said:

I happen to like the visibility limitations.  Its not a fighter nor is it really meant to be taken into a dogfight.  If you find yourself in that situation, just go to cruise mode and fly away-especially before they EMP you to hell.

Yeh it adds character. For combat the targeting reticle shows through the cockpit regardless of sight.

It does restrict visuals for object avoidance a little though.

5 hours ago, Nossa said:

How can he fly that fast in scm speed?

Xi'an Tech is whatever CIG wants it to be (aka Space Magic)..

Actually though, I suspect you are seeing the advantage of multiple engines (big ones). Will know more once I fly one I reckon. Before yelling foul remember that this ship will be full of STUFF(tm) at a later point and I imagine that 517 SCM wiill take a huge hit

Engine count matters. The 300i SCM is 230 while the 300r is 315. - DRUM out

Or it may be a bug with the flight modes, meaning he's actually in cruise but it displays as SCM, looks wonderful anyway.

EDIT: In the comments of the video he states that he's using afterburner.

2.1.0a Published!

Notes:

We have published 2.1.0a to PTU tonight! The full patch notes are available on the PTU site and in the PTU launcher, however we have the key items posted here for your convenience.

Please fully restart your client and launcher to ensure your client is updated – your PTU client should show “2.1.0-308401-PTU” as the version. Due to the number of recent fixes to the PTU, it is strongly recommended that players delete their PTU USER folder and verify their files after patching. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test. Game files can be verified through the launcher, by clicking on the advanced options (Gear icon) and clicking “Verify”. This is particularly important if users encounter any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading.

Special Notes:

• Million Mile High Club is now available on the PTU to those with the eligible badge, however it is not yet possible to join or invite friends and party members inside.
  • When transitioning from EVA to gravity in the hold of the Freelancer, the character will ragdoll and fall on his face.
  • ArcCorp is suffering from several graphic and audio issues that we are already aware of.

Hangar Module
Fixes:

Gameplay

• Fixed an issue where the extra large R&Y hangar was appearing in the 2.1 client 

Environment

• Fixed an issue where the Mini-Constellation flair had disappeared out of of player hangars.

Social Module:
Fixes:

Gameplay

• Fixed an issue where ships could self-destruct in the Armistice zone.
  • Fixed an issue where characters will T-Pose when they die in EVA.
  • Fixed an issue where players could access the AstroArmada catalog in MobiGlas, and become stuck in MobiGlas as a result.
  • Fixed an issue where the third-person camera view can be offset from the character model after exiting EVA.
  • Fixed an issue where Crusader Security and Pirate ships could spawn without pilots.
  • Fixed an issue where a radar UI was appearing to characters in Crusader.

Environment

• Fixed an issue where the Casaba Outlet doors in ArcCorp were opening into an empty shop with missing geometry.
  • Casaba Outlet will get its day… but not today.
  • Fixed an issue where the end of the bar in G~Loc was missing some edges.
  • Fixed an issue where the EVA air jets would appear to stutter after continuous movement.

Equipment

• Fixed an issue where FPS weapons fired in EVA can be desynced and shots go off in random directions.

Ships

• Fixed an issue with the weapons on the Freelancer, where after first shot they could not be fired again.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not exit the Freelancer beds while the ship is in flight.

Technical

• Fixed an issue where clients can sometimes get stuck at the “connecting” step when entering an instance.