MISC is Love | MISC Appreciation Thread

GearBoxx

All things MISC are to be loved. The sleek, elegant designs are incorporated in every model making them some of the most iconic ships in the 'verse!

The Hull Series especially is a favourite of mine. Their design include both elegance and functionality, a rarity to come together with such flawlessness, but they are truly a remarkable feat. Hull E's will dwarf everything else in the 'verse with the exception of capital ships. Starfarers, even with Aegis intervention stand true to their reputation with undisputable value as fuel tankers as well their modularity proving essential to their role. Their bulky build shows off their strength, and even with the uneven shapes, curves and silhouette, you still know from first glance it is a creation of Musashi Industrial & Starflight Concern!

Whats your favourite ship?

Give your reasons for loving MISC, everybody has one, I know it!

Right now my favorite ship out of the ones that i have is the Freelancer DUR. I love the MISC look, especially the latest sneak peeks they gave us of the interior designs. I also own a Hull B, and I'm looking forward to truckin' around the verse.

MISC ships have a friendly industrial look that steps away from being grimy and dirty, like the RSI Orion or the AEGIS Reclaimer (which still is my favorite ship in the Verse, sorry:p )

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but MISC is the only ship manufacturer of the original 5 that doesn't have a flyable ship yet.

MISC's ship aesthetics has always been polarizing; some think they're beautiful, and others boring and ugly. What really matters is how they fly. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to determine that yet. Since MISC uses Xi-Tech thrusters, I imagine MISC ships could be nimble despite their bulk. Time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Reavern said:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but MISC is the only ship manufacturer of the original 5 that doesn't have a flyable ship yet.

Oh trust me, I've noticed. ive been wanting to see the Freelancers in the game for a while now.
It made sense they were pushed back though, MISC only makes commercial industrial ships, with the only real exception being the Freelancer MIS, and up until now the game is pretty much just "shoot things in space". All the other manufacturers make either military ships or jacks of all trades which can fill military roles.

Looking forward to the redesign though.. 

12 hours ago, VoA said:

@GearBoxx you'll probably like this thread then --->>  MISC - Lore, Details and Design :wub:

What have you done?! I won't stop reading this, and its in my Star Citizen bookmark folder ;)

10 hours ago, Reavern said:

True, but you can expect to see the Starfarer next, then the Freelancer. Waiting for the redesigns is going to be great. I loved the look and concept art of the Freelancer, but when I actually bought one, and looked inside, admittedly I was dissapointed at its cramped feel. But no longer!

11 hours ago, GearBoxx said:

True, but you can expect to see the Starfarer next, then the Freelancer. Waiting for the redesigns is going to be great. I loved the look and concept art of the Freelancer, but when I actually bought one, and looked inside, admittedly I was dissapointed at its cramped feel. But no longer!

I'd be shocked if the Starfarer was flyable before the Freelancer. Are you thinking of the Reliant? Because I did hear that CIG is prioritizing the Reliant to get it flyable. If you have info that CIG is close to getting the Starfarer flying, I'd like to know your source.

I know that CIG is re-designing the Freelancer making it larger. I think that's a wise decision, because the Lancer always felt unnecessarily cramped. I assumed that it was deliberate, because CIG wanted to Lancer to evoke the feeling of being a long haul big rig trucker, having to spend upwards of 20 hours a day in their truck's cab or sleeper compartment. Now it seems like CIG has to make the Lancer larger to ensure the players and NPCs can move about the Lancer's interior without any clipping problems.

Also, now that the Reliant and Hull A and B haulers have been introduced, it's okay for the Lancer to be a little more spacious and comfortable. I think this will make Lancer owners very happy. :)