Aegis Avenger Warlock

VoA

Warlock EMP

0Y0uwBe.jpg

Avenger Variants

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 will see the addition of flyable variants for the Aegis Dynamics Avenger! The base Avenger available today is now the Stalker, designed with the needs of bounty hunters in mind. A basic Titan cargo ship and an advanced e-warfare Warlock are also available… and all three will be available for combat in Star Citizen’s next patch!

The Titan and Stalker are permanent additions to the pledge store, the Warlock will be on sale through the end of the anniversary sale (Sunday, November 29th.) Please note that these variants will be available as separate modules in the future. The initial release of Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 does not allow changing modules, so we are offering them as distinct, playable ships first. We would encourage you to CCU to the Avenger you’re most interested in trying rather than picking up all three!

Avenger Warlock

The Avenger Warlock was built towards a single design philosophy: stop ships, don’t destroy them. Probably the closest to a non-lethal fighter, the Warlock is outfitted with a Behring REP-8 EMP Generator, capable of emitting a powerful electromagnetic wave to disable any electronics unfortunate enough to be within the blast radius.

BUY NOW

Avenger_EMP_02.jpg

20 minutes ago, zerkerz said:

A reusable, portable, EMP ship grenade.

Jepp. As long as it's balanced right. Not like;

* Fly up to ship B
* Deploy EMP burst and totally cripple ship B
* Ship B floating in space for ages without a chance to retaliate
* Ship A gets an easy win

Everyone would just fill an Idris to the brim with Warlocks and grief everything larger than a single fighter. :( 

It looks like the Avenger will be the first ship that I don't upgrade to the limited edition model. I already own a Vanguard Sentinel, which is also a EWAR ship, so I don't need the Warlock. I'll keep my Avenger Stalker for bounty hunting.

If CIG releases a Warlock BUK, I might buy it, because I'd like to own the EMP generator (I might be able to install it in my Sentinel).

11 hours ago, Reavern said:

It looks like the Avenger will be the first ship that I don't upgrade to the limited edition model. I already own a Vanguard Sentinel, which is also a EWAR ship, so I don't need the Warlock. I'll keep my Avenger Stalker for bounty hunting.

If CIG releases a Warlock BUK, I might buy it, because I'd like to own the EMP generator (I might be able to install it in my Sentinel).

The various EWAR ships are very different from each other.   You don't hack into ships with EWAR options for the Warlock like you would with the Sentinel.   The EMP Generator on the Warlock is just for paralyzing a larger ship while potentially sacrificing your own (since it will also be vulnerable) = you wouldn't want to do this with a Sentinel.  I see the Warlock and Sentinel working well together (in conjuction with an Assault ship like a Tali with assault module / Redeemer / Prowler / etc).....

First you use the EMP Generator on the enemy ship (let's say a larger Vanduul Ship)...... then the Sentinel Goes to work lengthening the time the power stays down (and as systems start to come up then the Sentinel goes to work keeping them down or continuing to mess with them).  This approach leads to a better (faster) tactical assault (giving more time for the boarding party to do their work).  Using a Sentinel only works but takes longer and probably easier to counter and take out.

14 hours ago, VoA said:

The Warlock changed from $115 to $85.<<-- Contact CS for refund if you  purchased it at higher price

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5931669/#Comment_5931669

Turbulent-Scott

Developer

Staff.png
icon-subscriber.png
icon-none.png

Posted: 7:16AM

VoA | VoA said:

@Turbulent-Scott I don't have the option to Melt to fix the pricing issue. I purchased a Gladius -- $115 Avenger Warlock CCU and applied it to my Gladius within my Armada Combo ship package. Is the only way this can be fixed (to get a $30 store credit since the Warlock is now $30 less) is to contact Customer Service?
We are working on a fix that would try and fix the situation automatically soon. I will post back on the forum when we launch the fix.

2 hours ago, VoA said:

The various EWAR ships are very different from each other.   You don't hack into ships with EWAR options for the Warlock like you would with the Sentinel.   The EMP Generator on the Warlock is just for paralyzing a larger ship while potentially sacrificing your own (since it will also be vulnerable) = you wouldn't want to do this with a Sentinel.  I see the Warlock and Sentinel working well together (in conjuction with an Assault ship like a Tali with assault module / Redeemer / Prowler / etc).....

First you use the EMP Generator on the enemy ship (let's say a larger Vanduul Ship)...... then the Sentinel Goes to work lengthening the time the power stays down (and as systems start to come up then the Sentinel goes to work keeping them down or continuing to mess with them).  This approach leads to a better (faster) tactical assault (giving more time for the boarding party to do their work).  Using a Sentinel only works but takes longer and probably easier to counter and take out.

Good point. I imagine that the Sentinel could be equipped with an EMP device, but like you said, it's more likely to be detected while it's disabled and helpless, and get taken out. Losing a Sentinel (even with LTI) would be worse than losing a Warlock.

However, I'm still not interested in upgrading my Avenger to the Warlock, because the role of EMP "suicide bomber" doesn't appeal to me: flying up to an enemy ship, detonating the EMP, and then just sitting there in my disabled ship, floating dead in space, while the battle to capture or destroy the enemy ship rages on around me. That's not my style. I'd much rather fly my Harbinger to take out the disabled enemy ship, or my Caterpillar and lead the boarding party to capture it.

Perhaps if I could assign a NPC to fly the Warlock and order it to EMP the enemy ship, then I'd consider upgrading my Stalker to the Warlock. CIG would have to confirm that will be possible. But I doubt it. If NPCs could be used to detonate EMPs, it would be horribly abused by griefers. Even if it's possible to have NPCs fly a player's other ships to serve as wingmates, I think CIG won't allow that option for EMP ships, to prevent griefing. CIG could justify the exception by explaining that the EMP generator interferes with ship-to-ship communications, preventing the player from issuing orders to their NPC wingmate. No, I think it's best if EMPs required a player to pilot the ship themselves, to place themselves in harm's way to deploy the EMP as a tactical weapon.

16 minutes ago, Reavern said:

Good point. I imagine that the Sentinel could be equipped with an EMP device, but like you said, it's more likely to be detected while it's disabled and helpless, and get taken out. Losing a Sentinel (even with LTI) would be worse than losing a Warlock.

However, I'm still not interested in upgrading my Avenger to the Warlock, because the role of EMP "suicide bomber" doesn't appeal to me: flying up to an enemy ship, detonating the EMP, and then just sitting there in my disabled ship, floating dead in space, while the battle to capture or destroy the enemy ship rages on around me. That's not my style. I'd much rather fly my Harbinger to take out the disabled enemy ship, or my Caterpillar and lead the boarding party to capture it.

Perhaps if I could assign a NPC to fly the Warlock and order it to EMP the enemy ship, then I'd consider upgrading my Stalker to the Warlock. CIG would have to confirm that will be possible. But I doubt it. If NPCs could be used to detonate EMPs, it would be horribly abused by griefers. Even if it's possible to have NPCs fly a player's other ships to serve as wingmates, I think CIG won't allow that option for EMP ships, to prevent griefing. CIG could justify the exception by explaining that the EMP generator interferes with ship-to-ship communications, preventing the player from issuing orders to their NPC wingmate. No, I think it's best if EMPs required a player to pilot the ship themselves, to place themselves in harm's way to deploy the EMP as a tactical weapon.

I see where you are coming from @Reavern, but I still think NPCs would be able to use this.  Well, at least the ones that are not bought or rented by players.  The idea behind the game that we would not be able to tell a human from an NPC will make it hard to not have this ship in a group of pirate NPCs.  As for re-establishing electronics on a ship taken down by EMP, I am sure it would not be long.  I assume that an EMP blast would knock a ship out long enough for a nearby assault craft to launch a boarding party or some fighters to take out some key systems on the exterior of the ship.  Obviously, if a crew is good enough, they may be able to get the targeted ship up and running again faster than normal estimated times.  And I am also assuming that the EMP requires a greater period of time to recharge following an EMP blast, like much greater, many minutes even.

Posted: 7:55AM

VoA | VoA said:

@Turbulent-Scott you have fixed the CCU so it is now only valued (correctly) at $85 --- however --- I need to have $30 refunded to my account as store credit since I paid $115 for a $85 ship === Is this going to part of the automatic fix from Turbulent (still working on it?) ???..... or should I contact Customer Service for refunding the $30 as store credit? === Remember I don't have the option to Melt to fix this problem since I CCU'd a ship within a larger ship package.
We are currently working on a fix for this issue.