1.3 Going Live

LGF

We'll be bringing down the game servers at 2:45pm CDT/745pm GMT to push 1.3.0 to Live today!

Important Known Issues:

- "CTRL+F" is the new keybinding for disembarking ships and replaces "F".
- Allies are showing as enemies in Vanduul Swarm.

There's quite a lot of content in this one, both for Arena Commander and for Social Module. We'll have full Patch Notes later today, but in the meantime, here's a short preview of what you can expect!

PLEASE NOTE: This is only a small partial list of Patch Notes. We'll update this page with the link to the complete Patch Notes as soon as they're ready!

HANGAR

Additions/Balance/Tweaks/Fixes:

- The Greycat Buggy has received an appearance, animation and handling overhaul.
- The elevator to Area 18 will now show all available instances of ArcCorp, how many people are present in each one, and how many people from your contact list are present.
- There is now a "Loadout Selector" located in all player hangar's that will allow players to select what load out they will move around the Hangar and ArcCorp with. 
- The Selfland Hangar is in the process of receiving a full relighting pass to improve the overall look and atmosphere. Not 100% implemented yet.
- Camera free-look can now be activated by "Shift+G".
- "Ctrl+F" is now the hotkey to disembark a ship.
- Fixed seating in Retaliator and Gladiator and visual shaking inside Vanduul Scythe.

ARENA COMMANDER

- The Behring C-788 Ballistic Cannon has been added to the game. This gun uses a S4 mount and fires at 2.2 shots per second.
- Size 4 fixed mounts for the Hornet and Cutlass Turrets have been added to accommodate the Ballistic Cannon.
- Apocalypse Arms WarSeries SZ4 Mass Driver has been added to the game. This gun uses a S2 mount and fires at 0.7 shots per second.
- Increased the health of all ships.
- Increased overall shield strength of all ships to reduce alpha damage and bring up survival. 
- Missile damage has been increased slightly to keep pace with health and improve effectiveness.
- Missile lock time has been adjusted.
- Energy weapon velocities have been buffed across the board to be faster then ballistics. Our philosophy here is that as energy weapons do no damage until shields are down, it takes more hits by energy weapons to do real damage and accuracy is thus more important.
- Damage of energy weapons has been reduced slightly to compensate.
- Ballistic weapons have received a corresponding buff to their potential range so that they can potentially hit targets that are farther away. 
- Plasma bolt range decreased by 30% for the Vanduul "Wrath" Plasma Cannon.
- Neutron bolt speed increased by 20% for the Vanduul "War" Neutron Cannon.
- Cutlass has received a minor tweak to its thruster gimbals to improve maneuverability. 
- The following ships and all variants have received an update to their shield meshes and animations to better align with their ship models.
Avenger, Gladius, Mustang, Cutlass, Freelancer, 300 Series, M50, Gladiator, Glaive
- Increased the power draw of the M50's engine. Decreased the strength of the M50's power plant. These two changes are to ensure that the choice of mounting a weapon with high power drain vs one with low power drain on the m50 will have a meaningful affect on performance and speed.
- Interacting character animations have been updated for all flight-ready ships.
- "Look Ahead" mode is now turned on by default. It can be toggled on and off by "Right-ALT+M".
- Weapon Gimbal Lock is now "Left-CTRL+G".

- Fixed an issue where players would not be removed from Arena Commander for being idle unless all players in the match were idle.
- Fixed Tutorial - Chapter 3 where the missiles would sometimes not track the target correctly.
- Fixed an issue where weapons fire could appear offset from the weapon muzzle, when the ship was firing while moving.
- Fixed an issue where a ships target could be lost when increasing distance from target, despite target still being in sensor range.#
- Fixed an issue where projectiles fired from ship weapons would sometimes remain protruding out of the weapon they had been shot from causing damage or display issues.
- Fixed a black screen that would occur when joining a Lobby when GIM services are down.
- Added the ability for the Lobby to return an error if a client attempts to join while GIM is down.
- Fixed an issue where clients would sometimes get stuck on a loading screen, if they are connected to a instance that no longer exists.
- Fixed an issue where the client could black screen if the lobby service was not able to communicate with the instance manager.
- Fixed one lobby issue where the player Host would see a different map and rule for a match in the UI then the players would. This would happen when a host created a game, left, and entered or created a new lobby.

SOCIAL MODULE 

- ArcCorp, Area 18 is expanding! The new Galleria area is currently under construction, but available for exploration.
- New emotes have been added to the game. 
/agree, /angry(1-3), /attention, /blah(1-2), /bored (2), /bow(1-6), /burp, /cheer(1-8), /chicken, /clap (5-7 are new), /come(1-4), /cry, /dance(1-6), /disagree(1-3), /failure, /flex(1-3), /flirt, /gasp(1-5), /gloat(1-4), /greet, /laugh(1-3), /point(1-4), /rude(1-3), /salute(1-2), /sit, /sleep, /smell(1-2), /threaten(1-2), /wait(1-2), /wave(1-2), /whistle(1-2)
- The maximum character capacity for Area 18 has been increased to 40.
- Fully functional Greycat Buggies have been added around ArcCorp and include a functional passenger seat.
- The Greycat Buggies in ArcCorp can explode and be destroyed when they impact at high speed.
- Players will now be removed from Area 18 due to inactivity after 15 minutes. An inactivity warning will be displayed 1 minute prior to removal.
- Falling out of the terrain will now kill players, and revive them in the Area 18 Medical Unit.
- The chat UI has received a graphical overhaul. New features for the chat interface include multiple tabs for conversation management, private conversations, and a contacts list that can be extended or retracted into the UI.
- The new default hotkey for the contact list is now "F11".
- Augmented Reality has been moved to the "F10" hotkey.
- Fixed a number of texture conflicts and lighting bugs in ArcCorp.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/292236/publishing-1-3-0-to-live/p1 

I wonder if those new Flashpoint Static mounts for the Hornet and Cutlass (that allow you to mount the S4 guns) allows one or two S4 guns...

Just drove a buggy around ARC Corp... smashed into a door and the buggy exploded!  I fell out of the buggy and died on the street, alone and cold...

..And then awoke on a bed inside the hospital wing.  Awesome.

Yeah buggy is amusing the first time or two but becomes annoying rather fast.

First thought I had was they may need to revisit Death Of A Spaceman if it is this easy to go splat.

My next of kin would have been wearing my spacesuit after an hour or so of playing. - DRUM out

edit: maybe NO Manual landing was smarter than people seemed to think it was - DRUM

Edited by Drum

Yeah buggy is amusing the first time or two but becomes annoying rather fast.

First thought I had was they may need to revisit Death Of A Spaceman if it is this easy to go splat.

My next of kin would have been wearing my spacesuit after an hour or so of playing. - DRUM out

edit: maybe NO Manual landing was smarter than people seemed to think it was - DRUM

You're not wrong. Could you imagine the carnage with manual landing around busy locals?

An interesting thread about the full changes from 1.2 to 1.3

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/292379/v1-3-0-the-massive-list-of-undocumented-balance-changes

Also an interesting extract from it.

AEGS Retaliator: Flying

Total hitpoints increased to 95,500
Nose hitpoints = 40,000, Body hitpoints = 50,000
Following MovementParams changed: rotationDamping="0", maxCruiseSpeed="130", maxAngularVelocity="40,50,30", maxBoostAngularVelocity="30,50,25", maxAngularAcceleration="1,1,1", maxAngJerk="20", maxTorqueAlpha="13.75,13.75,13.75", maxTorqueAngle="1.8,1.8,1.8", maxGyroK="1000.0, 1000.0, 1000.0"
Thrusters now installed: VTOL, 2x Retro, 12x Maneuvering
Power Plants now installed: AEGS_P5D_Starwalk_S3
Cooler now installed: AEGS_Retaliator_Cooler_S1
Shield now installed: GODI_Retaliator_Shield_S3
AEGS Engineer Console installed
Turrets installed
Torpedo Racks installed
Countermeasures installed
Fuel Intakes installed
Fuel Tanks installed

Constellation Andromeda

*Note, this is used as a base for other connies
Total hitpoints increased to 1,054,100
Cockpit hitpoints = 50,000, Body hitpoints = 500,000
Following MovementParams changed (faster, less manuverable):maxCruiseSpeed="150", maxAngularVelocity="45,90,80" maxAngularAcceleration="120,100,120" maxTorqueAlpha="13.75,13.75,13.75" maxTorqueAngle="1.8,1.8,1.8" maxGyroK="500.0, 100.0, 250.0"
Power Plant Installed: 2x WETK_HFR_S5_Q2
Avionics installed: 3x ANVL_Test_Motherboard
Fuel Intakes installed: 4x Default_FuelIntake
Fuel Tanks installed: 2x POIR_FuelTank_1000
Coolers installed: 2x WCPR_SR_S1_Q10
Retro Thrusters installed: 4x HAPR_P_ESI_S5_Q2_Retro
Weapons installed: 4x Gimbaled BEHR_LaserCannon_S3, 4x RSI_Constellation_MissilePod_S4_x3 with 3x THCN_StrikeForce_S2_Strike_FaF_CS
Counter Measures installed: RSI_CML

Note that the Connie has 10x the hit points of the Tali. However the cockpit/bridge of the Connie seems to be the weak point.  

It is also faster and more agile than the Tali...but I believe this was the stated plan from the start.

Edited by Minted

Note that the Connie has 10x the hit points of the Tali.

And that makes no sense whatsoever.  One is an armored military ship, the other is a smaller, presumably less armored civilian ship.  I can only presume that they accidentally added another zero or they have deliberately done it to test which is closer to being fun and balanced when being flown in combat with all the single-seaters (the end result would be used to balance both ships).  No way that they intend the Connie to actually be 10 times as tough as the Tali in the final PU.  I fully expect that they are testing and the intention is that the military-origin Tali is quite a bit tougher than the civilian-origin Connie, once good multi-crew balance is found.

And that makes no sense whatsoever.  One is an armored military ship, the other is a smaller, presumably less armored civilian ship.  I can only presume that they accidentally added another zero or they have deliberately done it to test which is closer to being fun and balanced when being flown in combat with all the single-seaters (the end result would be used to balance both ships).  No way that they intend the Connie to actually be 10 times as tough as the Tali in the final PU.  I fully expect that they are testing and the intention is that the military-origin Tali is quite a bit tougher than the civilian-origin Connie, once good multi-crew balance is found.

Looking at some of the chat around the subject it would seem that the connie was made tougher for the citizencon livestream so that it would not blow up!

However, the connie is the newer ship of the 2...whether this means better equipment, hull etc I'm not sure but I'm certainly expecting it to be more manoeuvrable...which it seems to be.

On the other hand you would expect the tali to use tough military grade armour as this is unlikely to be able to be removed for sale on the public market. The phoenix might be a different matter though, I understand it should have enhanced armour.

I don't like some of the updates to AC. I've been using my Super Hornet to try out the new Combine ballistic cannon, and my ship has no engine sounds, including afterburner. I'm not sure if the flight mechanics have also been changed, but I find the SH much more difficult to control without sound effects providing audible feedback.

I also don't like that Gimbal Lock has been reassigned to CTRL+G instead of Left ALT. I understand that ALT is traditionally a modifier key, but I liked Gimbal Lock toggle on Left ALT because it was easy to switch it on and off with my left thumb, whereas now I have to move my left hand from its normal position to press CTRL+G. There are only a few rarely used keyboard shortcuts that require the new Left ALT modifier, and I think they should've been assigned to either the CTRL or Right ALT modifiers instead.

I've been trying to use the Combine ballistic cannon, but it's practically useless for dogfighting -- which is to be expected, at least until the new fixed mount is updated to a gimbal mount, like it's supposed to be. I don't like that the Combine shoots a 3-shot burst. Firstly, the delay between each shot is too long, again rendering it useless for dogfighting -- unlike the tri-barrel Sawbuck ballistic cannon, which fires a shot from each barrel in rapid succession, so that all three shots will hit the target. Second, I hate the way the Combine makes Scythes pinwheel when hit, instead of pulverizing them or exploding them. So not only does the Combine fail to kill the enemy ship, pinwheeling Scythes are actually harder to hit, so it frustrating trying to finish off the target.

I do like the Size2 Mass Driver though. It's accurate, hard-hitting, and has a satisfying firing sound that makes it seem powerful. The only issue is that I'm having difficulty finding another gun with comparable firing velocity, so that the target lead indicators overlap. Laser repeaters fire faster, so you can't use them together; also, the difference in rate of fire is another problem.

I haven't tried the other ships yet, or the updated Social Hub. I plan on checking them out next.

I have mixed impressions with this update, and I'm not a fan of the direction AC is going. I thought the flight model from about 2 months ago was much better -- it was best around the time the Esperia Glaive was available to unlock and buy. Since then, it seems like ships are becoming less responsive, less intuitive, and less fun to fly. I hope CIG gets the ships flight characteristics back on track soon. I also really hope CIG releases a bug fix update soon to resolve the engine sound problem, because it's really distracting not being able to hear the engines and thrusters.