Doesn't matter. Regardless of the fact that a video game title has "M" for a rating (or higher?) does not keep stoopid parents from buying their kids what they want.

Besides that is nobody in the internet is even seriously asking for the age.
So it could have +18 and you will encounter 11 years old kids anyway.

The main thing I want is for them to do what they want without feeling the need to stick to a particular rating.  If CR's vision includes pin up girls in lockers with parts showing, then I want them to include that in the game, not censor or blur it in order to achieve a lower rating.  If he wants to realistically depict destroyed limbs as part of the Injury Of A Spaceman mechanic, then I want him to stick with that, even if it means a higher rating.

P.s. If I see an action movie is rated only PG, I'll almost certainly not bother to see it.  I prefer R.  And probably would only see PG-13 if its a franchise I like, like Star Wars/Trek, etc.  Because I know they've held themselves back.  Game of Thrones doesn't hold themselves back, and its pretty much the best thing on TV.  The Wire didn't hold itself back, ditto for it.  I don't want Chris Roberts to hold himself back to achieve a rating.  Australians can pirate the game if need be, or run for office and get their stupid laws changed, as I recall its still a democracy over there.

The main thing I want is for them to do what they want without feeling the need to stick to a particular rating.  If CR's vision includes pin up girls in lockers with parts showing, then I want them to include that in the game, not censor or blur it in order to achieve a lower rating.  If he wants to realistically depict destroyed limbs as part of the Injury Of A Spaceman mechanic, then I want him to stick with that, even if it means a higher rating.

P.s. If I see an action movie is rated only PG, I'll almost certainly not bother to see it.  I prefer R.  And probably would only see PG-13 if its a franchise I like, like Star Wars/Trek, etc.  Because I know they've held themselves back.  Game of Thrones doesn't hold themselves back, and its pretty much the best thing on TV.  The Wire didn't hold itself back, ditto for it.  I don't want Chris Roberts to hold himself back to achieve a rating.  Australians can pirate the game if need be, or run for office and get their stupid laws changed, as I recall its still a democracy over there.

Last Action Hero was PG-13 and was a really fun sendup of the genre.

I would be surprised if it went for a ESRB rating. Unless CIG is going for a retail release they don't really need it. Also most people don't care about an ESRB rating. EVE got a T rating, but it doesn't have a FPS element. 

I don't know, given some of Eve's community, that T was an extreme lowballing of its proper rating.  No game developer could possibly produce anything as reprehensible as what some online users can.  :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was pretty sure that CIG was aiming for retail release.

I don't know, given some of Eve's community, that T was an extreme lowballing of its proper rating.  No game developer could possibly produce anything as reprehensible as what some online users can.  :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was pretty sure that CIG was aiming for retail release.

That's why you have the "Game experience may change during online play" splash screen. LoL would have a A rating instead of a T rating.  If they do choose to get a rating I just hope like what others have said that it doesn't box in/out future content.