What system?

ValandiI

Hi, now with the Arc Starmap relese, I was thinking about where I wanted to start my game in the PU (where would I have my hangar).
I think I would like to start somewhere close to the Banu space, as I could do trade over the borders...

Where would you like to set up your base?

Bases. Damn. Um. Well, I guess it depends on the hangar you choose on the RSI site before you start, or as you start. 

We'll all be starting in UEE space, just WHERE is left to be disputed. I chose the VFG Industrial, because my Tali looks flat-out badass in it (As it does in the rest, just moreso in.. an asteroid...) 

But, I think (please correct me modexes) that the area of the hanger once you get in the PU will be entirely up to you, kinda like Elite. I, for one, will be as close as possible to a heavily populated pirate or vanduul sector, where I can beat the shit out of enemies with my Tali, while still having the range to go do some heavy-duty exploration. 

Has CIG said we can pick our starting point, last time I read anything about starting location it said it would be based on which hanger you have if we can that would be awsome 

I think the number of planets where we are allowed to place our starting hangar will be extremely limited as well as dependent on the type of hangar. Kinda like how you won't get a Revel&York option on Spider as that one might only be an option for Earth and Terra locations.

I'm guessing that we might have a choice between 6 locations. 2 UEE (all versions), 2 'border world' (all except R&Y), 2 Outlaw (only SelfLand and Asteroid) or something like that. :P

But this is all just a wild guess... ;)

Biggest things to remember is that the live version of the PU will roll out with only a few systems at first (according to most recent info), so it's possible we'll only have a few choices for starting locations, and then it'll be a mad rush when new systems come online.

Not sure what startingpoint to pick yet, it depends on information we don't have yet. I did bookmark some systems I want to visit as an explorer. Once Imperium has decided on a territory I'll most likely pick a closeby system, just inside UEE space.