Long time game reviewer Total Biscuit has un-curable liver cancer

Morkulth

Very sad to see this colossus in the game review announce he has un-curable cancer :(

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

Edited by Morkulth

Any age is too young, but 31...is WAY too young.

How 'bout 130? Too young! lol

Anyway, even though I have no clue who that guy is, hopefully he's one of the lucky guys who lives much longer even though they say it won't be that long anymore.
Or that: 

and alot of people who they "deemed" un-curable survived 

This is realy fucked up man...

So many people that deserve to go, but not this guy. 
He's one of the few people on the internet whom's review I "trust".

Fuck this shit.

Can't we find him a new liver on the black market or something? Do a fundraising on kickstarter or some shit like that?

This is realy fucked up man...

So many people that deserve to go, but not this guy. 
He's one of the few people on the internet whom's review I "trust".

That's rude.
How about all those ill people who never even had internet access?

Can't we find him a new liver on the black market or something? Do a fundraising on kickstarter or some shit like that?

I doubt it works that way...but if it does, we had to worry about the morale behind it.

I don't want to be rude, but who is this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TotalBiscuit

Illness

In late April 2014, Bain released a video blog announcing he had a precancerous mass in his colon; the first indications of bowel cancer, a condition with which two of his grandparents had also been diagnosed.[15][16] A month after this video blog, Bain revealed that he had "full blown cancer"[17] and later began chemotherapy and radiation treatment.[18] In October 2014, Bain underwent an operation to remove the mass, and his wife reported the doctor's assessment of it as "a success".[19] In early 2015 Bain's tests came back "clean", dramatically increasing the probability of a full recovery.[20] On the 7th of April, Bain announced via Twitter that his CT-Results showed a complete remission,[21] meaning that he was almost entirely cured. On the 12th of May, he announced through a YouTube video log that he would require additional post-treatment surgeries, for the removal his IV port and to treat a hernia resulting from one of the surgeries, among other issues.[22] On October 15, 2015, Bain announced the cancer had metastasized to his liver and was considered incurable.[23]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ

That's rude.How about all those ill people who never even had internet access?

I doubt it works that way...but if it does, we had to worry about the morale behind it.

Why bring up irreverent people were talking about total biscuit.

I've been a fan of TB for a number of years.

I've played against him in Tribes.

He was my Glorious Leader in planetside 2 for a week or so (TR4Life)

He is one of the few in games media who I trust implicitly and had never let me down. He tries to remain objective, let's you know when he thinks he's being subjective and announces when he's being paid to play a game. Something that I'd like to see other YouTubers emulate.

He's intelligent, witty (although it can be an acerbic wit at times) and he has my best wishes in his latest battle with cancer.

But also my thoughts go out to his wife, Genna, and I believe they have a young daughter too. They've also got a hard time up ahead, and I hope that the gaming community will respect that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Very sad to see this colossus in the game review announce he has un-curable cancer :(

Well this made my mood for the day do a 180, from happy to sad.

I had only recently (about 2 years ago) started to watch some of his reviews and found them quite impartial and knowledgeable. Be sad to see him stop producing content.

Any age is too young, but 31...is WAY too young.

Talk about hitting home. We're the same age! (although I though he was a bit older [mid/late 30's]).

Its really sad, i really like his reviews and comments on the gaming industry.

Who will now complain about lack of FOV sliders, low framerates and greedy devs :unsure:

It wont help much, even if you replace the liver the cancer will come back somewhere else...

Im not sure why that happens, maybe a doctor can explain this ? Meeeediiiiic ? @Morgenroete 

It wont help much, even if you replace the liver the cancer will come back somewhere else...

Well, I wouldn't say that. That depends...
If he's trying to counter it with suitable measure it could work.

Cancer isn't really some illness that appears out of nothing. During our daily life our bodies fight those damaged cells (via cell suicide, I like to call it that).
Well, actually even the healthiest person on this planet could get cancer out of nowhere.

When I think about it there's nothing you can do against that stuff.
(Except for trying some gen-tech stuff...which will most likely kill you...if not worse)