Ships question, transport and explore

Codryn

Hello. Currently I have for bounty hunting these ships: Avenger (upgrade to Sabre prepaired if something goes wrong with it), Cutlass Blue (upgrade to Sabre prepaired if something goes wrong with it), Vanguard Warden with Harbinger BUK (upgrade to Redeemer prepaired if something goes wrong with it). For race, fun, fast delivery: M50, Mustang Omega. For cargo and some exploring: Hull B and Freelancer Dur. My problem is that I'm thinking to melt Hull B, Freelancer Dur and unmelt my Carrack. Seeing that Carrack can haul 1058 cargo, Hull B become useless. Carrack=explorer by default, clearly is better then Dur. All have LTI but now is not about this. What should I do ?? What would you do ?

I think you want to do a lot of stuff at the same time;)

If you want my uninformed opinion, putting BH aside, if you want to explore over trading, go for Carrak, same if undecided, if you want to trade go for Hull and work in the PU to upgrade ( lower operating costs for sure).

Depends. In elite dangerous I started as bounty hunter but after some time i got bored so I tried some trade or explore. In a game you can't do same things over and over again. For trading...that is not my thing but if there is a mission that you can earn big money why not. As for exploring lets say that is an excuse... I like big fuel tanks of explorer ships to do some trading in far space but I don't like clasic haulers :))

Hello. Currently I have for bounty hunting these ships: Avenger (upgrade to Sabre prepaired if something goes wrong with it), Cutlass Blue (upgrade to Sabre prepaired if something goes wrong with it), Vanguard Warden with Harbinger BUK (upgrade to Redeemer prepaired if something goes wrong with it). For race, fun, fast delivery: M50, Mustang Omega. For cargo and some exploring: Hull B and Freelancer Dur. My problem is that I'm thinking to melt Hull B, Freelancer Dur and unmelt my Carrack. Seeing that Carrack can haul 1058 cargo, Hull B become useless. Carrack=explorer by default, clearly is better then Dur. All have LTI but now is not about this. What should I do ?? What would you do ?

I personally think the Hull B is one of the best trade Haulers. Its a single crew ship, small but with a decent capacity. I think it will stay off the radar for most, low risk and low running costs. If you go bigger you get more risk and higher running costs.

I personally think the Hull B is one of the best trade Haulers. Its a single crew ship, small but with a decent capacity. I think it will stay off the radar for most, low risk and low running costs. If you go bigger you get more risk and higher running costs.

Plus, it's the biggest of the Hull ship that can land on Planet whilst laden.

BMM  is too much of a trader for me. I want to trade only when bounty hunting is not profitable enough. So  hull b will remain in my hangar for now. I don't know about cutlass blue, I have an upgrade to redeemer ready to go. Is redeemer ok for bh? Or should I wait first for blue redesign or release of prowler?

Edited by Codryn
misspelling