Aegis Sabre

VoA

Aegis Sabre - just announced at Citizencon 2015  $170

Concept_citcon2015_5.jpg
Part of Aegis Dynamics’ Phase Two of new ship models, the Sabre was designed as a space superiority fighter for those situations where you need to leave a lighter footprint. The Sabre is more than capable of establishing battlefield dominance for any number of combat sorties.

IN CONCEPT

Stats balancing in progress

CONCEPT ART

Sabre_spec_Sheet.jpg

Concept Art - Blueprint

Concept_citcon2015_4.jpg

Concept Art - On Deck

Concept_citcon2015_2.jpg

Concept Art - Cockpit

Concept_citcon2015_6.jpgConcept_citcon2015_5.jpgConcept_citcon2015_4.jpgConcept_citcon2015_2.jpgSabre_spec_Sheet.jpg

QzhLY1M.jpg

Manchester-Poster-V7.jpg

The Aegis Sabre and Military Ship Sale

The Aegis Sabre and Military Ship Sale
Something New from Aegis

Concept_citcon2015_6.jpg

Part of Aegis Dynamics’ Phase Two of new ship models, the Sabre was designed as a space superiority fighter for those situations where you need to leave a lighter footprint. While no one will deny the Hornet’s place as the UEE Navy’s brawler, the Sabre offers an elegant and nimble alternative to handle an ever-evolving combat landscape. Designed to be a rapid responder, the Sabre is more than capable of establishing battlefield dominance for any number of combat sorties.

Engineers looked equally to the past and the future to build the Sabre . Incorporating Aegis’ battle-tested power distribution systems into their dependable ship-hull construction while developing cutting-edge flight and system technology, the Sabre is truly a next generation fighter that represents the new Aegis.

Aegis Dynamics has designed the Sabre in response to a United Empire of Earth Navy’s request for proposal for a next-generation fighter capable of outmatching the Vanduul STINGER-class heavy fighter in speed and turning. While the Navy has not yet accepted the the Sabre bid, Aegis has opted to make a run of production prototypes available to licensed civilian operators.

Concept_citcon2015_4.jpg

Concept_citcon2015_5.jpg

Ship Details

The Aegis Sabre is a new starfighter designed explicitly to premiere at CitizenCon 2015! The Sabre will be available from October 10, 2015 through October 19 as a concept sale. The Sabre has been designed to make use of systems already in place in Arena Commander, to allow it to come online faster than a ship that requires new game mechanics.

Known Specifications

Sabre_spec_Sheet.jpg
LENGTH 26m
BEAM 24m (Folded) 30m (Deployed)
HEIGHT 5m (Gear down) 3.8m (Gear up)
NULL-CARGO MASS 18’000 Kg
CARGO CAPACITY None
MAIN THRUSTERS 2xTR3
MANEUVERING THRUSTERS 8xSize 2
RETRO THRUSTERS 2xTR3
BODY WEAPONS 2xS3 Fixed Laser Repeaters
WINGS WEAPONS 2xS2 Gimbaled Laser Cannons
SHIELDS 4xLight
POWER PLANTS 3xLight

All specifications are subject to change for game balancing.

About the Sale

This ship is being offered for the first time as a limited concept sale. This means that the ship design meets our specifications, but it is not yet ready to display in your Hangar or to fight in Arena Commander. The sale includes Lifetime Insurance on the ship hull and a pair of decorative items for your Hangar. A future patch will add a poster and then once the in-game model is finished you will also be given an in-game mini ship model! In the future, the ship price will increase and the offer will not include Life Time Insurance or these extras.

If you’d like to add one to your fleet, they’re available in the pledge store until October 19, 2015.

Disclaimer

Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. The funding generated by sales such as this is what allows us to include deeper, non-combat oriented features in the Star Citizen world. Concept ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game.
Additionally, please note that the Endeavor will be entering the ship pipeline now, it will ultimately be released after other concept ships have been completed. Endeavor pods may come online at different times, as game mechanics to support them are completed. All decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches.

Limited sale

Concept_citcon2015_5.jpg
AEGIS SABRE - LTI- Standalone Ship
$170.00 USD
IN STOCKMORE INFOBUY NOW
Edited by VoA

Aegis Sabre - just announced at Citizencon 2015

Any info about what it is?

Fighter? Bomber? Transport? Recon? Support?

If it's in any way influenced by the F-86 Sabre, it'll be some kind of military fighter.

Since we've never heard of it before and there was no stretch goal, I'm guessing this is another ship developed for Squadron 42, like the Gladius.

From what they say, it's a dogfighter, somewhat a middle ground between a F7A and a Gladius, which sits fine with me.

I see that now -- I quick-replied before VoA posted the pics.

It says in this stats pic that the Sabre is a "Multi-role Stealth Fighter". B)

Sabre_spec_Sheet.jpg

Finally, a purpose-built STEALTH FIGHTER! :D This is the dogfighter I've been waiting for. The Hornet Ghost is a civilian model, intended for discreet recon, not dedicated combat. The Sabre looks like it's a military stealth fighter, which is what I've always wanted. I want a stealth fighter that can infiltrate hostile territory, ghost Vanduul or Pirates, then disappear into the void.

I don't know if CIG intends to sell the Sabre in a Concept Sale, or if it's a Squadron 42 ship -- but if it does become available to buy, I'm definitely buying one. :)

While the usual schizophrenia between the presentation sheet and the tech overview messes things a bit up ( I'd believe the tech one, the other doesn't even mention the pylons), it packs quite a punch for a stealth fighter.

From the description:

Part of Aegis Dynamics’ Phase Two of new ship models, the Sabre was designed as a space superiority fighter for those situations where you need to leave a lighter footprint. While no one will deny the Hornet’s place as the UEE Navy’s brawler, the Sabre offers an elegant and nimble alternative to handle an ever-evolving combat landscape. Designed to be a rapid responder, the Sabre is more than capable of establishing battlefield dominance for any number of combat sorties.

Engineers looked equally to the past and the future to build the Sabre . Incorporating Aegis’ battle-tested power distribution systems into their dependable ship-hull construction while developing cutting-edge flight and system technology, the Sabre is truly a next generation fighter that represents the new Aegis.

Aegis Dynamics has designed the Sabre in response to a United Empire of Earth Navy’s request for proposal for a next-generation fighter capable of outmatching the Vanduul STINGER-class heavy fighter in speed and turning. While the Navy has not yet accepted the the Sabre bid, Aegis has opted to make a run of production prototypes available to licensed civilian operators.

In other words, as well as having a stealthier approach to combat, it's a powerful dogfighter designed to fight the 'duuls heavy ones, in practice based on this it a successor to the Hornet,, in parallel to the F8 ( which will be undoubtly superior, if they are in the same league at all; I'm talking about the intended targets here, not performances).

The F8 seems to have quite more firepower ( the Sabre could have 4 x s3, two of the gimbaled which means potentially 2 x s3 and 2 x s4 all fixed, which it's quite a lot tbh), but probably akin to the F7 it relies on armor to survive.

Edited by Riley Egret

I see that now -- I quick-replied before VoA posted the pics.

It says in this stats pic that the Sabre is a "Multi-role Stealth Fighter". B)

Sabre_spec_Sheet.jpg

Finally, a purpose-built STEALTH FIGHTER! :D This is the dogfighter I've been waiting for. The Hornet Ghost is a civilian model, intended for discreet recon, not dedicated combat. The Sabre looks like it's a military stealth fighter, which is what I've always wanted. I want a stealth fighter that can infiltrate hostile territory, ghost Vanduul or Pirates, then disappear into the void.

I don't know if CIG intends to sell the Sabre in a Concept Sale, or if it's a Squadron 42 ship -- but if it does become available to buy, I'm definitely buying one. :)

Yip, You can buy it for $170. Available now till Oct 19. For "licensed civilians" only, so not milspec, but still. Sexy ship!

Yip, You can buy it for $170. Available now till Oct 19. For "licensed civilians" only, so not milspec, but still. Sexy ship!

It actually mentions you're buying prototypes they are proposing to the UEE navy... in practice you're doing test runs for them ;)

Little brother of Vanguard. Hmm should I buy this and melt the Vanguard?

My dilemma exactly. I got a Sentinel with a BUK for the harbinger, but GOD DAMN. This is ridiculously badass. I am presently in quite a bit of distress. 

e- but, wait. It says 'limited sale'... does this mean that this will be the next Vanduul Scythe? I mean, like, just looking at the page, it's giving me a LOT of temptation to think that it is not precisely going to be consistently available in the next sale or five.

"Limited Sale". "Production Number: Unknown". "Aegis has opted to make a run of production prototypes ". 

Edited by Aethio

I would keep your Sentinel / Harbinger over the Sabre (unless you want both).

I went with the Harbinger as my base Vanguard (to get the extra armor / hangar flair) and picked up the Sentinal and Warden BUK's (but might melt the Warden BUK).... and I'll probably pick up one of these.

I think the Sabre's are short range and an excellent ship for the Idris (also note the Armada Pack is a great deal if you want an Idris-P).

I'm severely tempted to just blow my savings for that new monitor on this sucker, but I've decided I'll melt my Sentinel, and keep the Harbinger BUK for safekeeping. I mean, if you think about it, the Sentinel/Warden/Harbinger's all gonna go on sale again, but due to the price difference I will never be able to actually melt my Vanguard to this craft. However, if I find that this thing is shit, I can just melt it and bring back my Sentinel next sale... I hope. Please correct my logic if I am incorrect before I do it xD

Edited by Aethio

Some good theory-crafting found on Super Hornet vs Sabre...

StarAdder  

Offense : more or less the same ( consider the Sabre has 2xS3, 2xS3 gimbal that can become 2XS4 fixed in theory and a bigger missile payload, but no ball turret)

Defense: you have a tanky, very armored fighter ( Hornet ) versus a faster, more agile one ( with redundant systems, a bit like a mini Vanguard somehow)

Price ( if it means anything at all): the Sabre is slightly more costly

Overall: tankier, sligthly better fire projection: Hornet Faster, stealthier, more agile: Sabre

++++

Here is a comparison shot of a Vanguard to a Sabre... :wub:

S6woXm2.jpg

Edited by VoA