VoA

Freelancer - 2.0

Teller has been one of my favorite Star Citizen video producers for a long time (right up there with Anything FPS).  He did a fabulous job comparing the old and new Freelancer with this video.  Some may consider this a "Spoiler"..... but I do not (if you think so then don't watch the video).  Teller often takes the data files from the latest published builds (basically nuggets that CIG knows will be found by users like Teller) then brings them into Cry Engine.  Note this is not official since it is not published by CIG - but it is from their Data files.

I think they did a great job on the New Freelancer with its size / update / etc..... - What do you think? :wub:

I have started to notice in ATV and RTV episodes lately that have started to make note of upcoming updates and the Lancer is noted in both, but consequently as an afterthought. Clearly the team is more focused on the "original" brainchild the Connie. But with the finishing up (hopefully very soon) I like to this the Lancer would be the next Med size ship to focus on. 

Has anyone heard any timelines on anticipated release of Freelancer 2.0?

Really shows that CIG is taking practical design and usable space seriously. I can't wait 5 years from now and what ships will be like. Once the PTU goes live it will be really interesting how all the metrics and meta game influence ship design.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SnowStorm
      ACCOUNT  FOR SALE: See First Reply, decided it was a safer route 
      Two purchases here on the forums in the past. A Terrapin CCU from @AstroJak (on June 19, 2017) 
      and a Dragonfly LTI from @StarC_Newbie (on May 31st, 2017) I can pull up the messages upon request. 
      List of ships and items owned (Nothing is gift-able, all purchased over time with store credits)
      Ships: 
      Package - Anniversary 2017 Mustang Discount Starter package
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Freelancer LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Cutlass Black LTI
      Standalone Ship- Anvil Hawk LTI CCu'd to Terrapin LTI
      Items: 
      Package - Squadron 42 Add-on ($15.00 value)
      Kastak Arms Custodian SMG - Citizencon 2947 ($5.00 value) 
      Masters of Design Series - Hoplite & MPUV
      Masters of Design Series - Polaris & Razor
      Masters of Design Series - Caterpillar & Dragonfly
      Masters of Design Series - Prospector & Herald
      Masters of Design Series - Hurricane & Terrapin
      Holographic models- ICC Port Olisar
      Holographic models- IMS Bolliver
      Holographic models- Icarus One
      Holographic models- ICC Probe
      Hitbox Magazine
      Big Benny's Vending Machine
      Christmas Reward 2016
      Opera Mushroom
      Citizencon 2946 Trophy Subscriber Edition
      Conner's Beard Moss
      Takuetsu Mini Reliant Kore Model
      Takuetsu Golden Herald Model
      Takuetsu Mustang Gamma Model
      Buy Back tokens = 1
      Buy Back ships and items listed below
      Cutlass Black package
      Cutlass Starter Pack Gamescom2017
      Standalone - Drake Dragonfly Black
      Standalone - AOPOA Nox Kue LTI Warbond
      Ship Upgrades - Gladius to Cutlass Black Upgrade CCU
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to F7C Hornet Upgrade CCU
      Standalone Ship - Tumbril Cyclone LTI Presale
      Standalone Ship - X1 Force Edition LTI
      Standalone Ship - RSI Aurora LX Gamescom2017
      Standalone Ship - AEGIS Gladius
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer Max Upgrade
      Package - Explorer Pack Gamescom2017
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Add-Ons - Air and Space Pack LTI (Terrapin and Cyclone AA)
      Package - Mustang Alpha SC Starter
      Package - Aurora MR SC Starter
      Package - Freelancer
      Ship Upgrades - Freelancer to Freelancer DUR Upgrade
      Standalone Ship - Drake Herald - Drake Sale
      $5,000 UEC starter money
      $197,500 REC virtual store money
      One paid Handle name change ready to use ($5.00 value)
      Total Melt value of account = $419.50
      Total ever spent on account = $494.50
      PM for more information, only selling because of a new addition to the family  and my wife said so  

• By Delenin
      I've just gotta know if this is a common "issue."
      I saw that exchanging my F7C-S Hornet GHOST for a Freelance DUR was $0 because they cost the same base price (I didn't know you could even exchange ships of equal value.) I went ahead with it knowing I could just switch it back if I didn't like it. Instead of giving me a Freelancer DUR, what the upgrade did instead was not only keep the GHOST, but also threw in an extra Hornet and a standard-class Freelancer.

I mean I'm not upset- At the end of the day I've got three ships now, but none of them are actually what I meant to get. They all show up in my hanger, each can be summoned and customized in the universe, and I can even request insurance for them.
      I could always try to upgrade my ship to the GHOST then back again but I'm a bit worried about that, I don't want to break it anymore than it already is. Might as well let sleeping dogs lie, I know that after awhile everything will probably be back to normal.
      Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe not exactly the same, but something along these lines?
    • By AstroJak

Standalone Ships                     
      ORIGINAL CONCEPT SHIPS*   (*) Concept ship with LTI unless stated otherwise.          Anniversary Sale Ships
        $45 - LTI MPUV Cargo                                                                   $75 - Hull A - 4 yr
        $45 - LTI YellowJacket                                                                   $100 - Avenger - Warlock - 4 yr
        $50 - LTI MPUV Personnel                                                              $105 - Hull B  - 4 yr
        $60 - LTI 85X                                                                               $170 - Cutlass Blue - 4 yr
        $135 - LTI Buccaneer                                                                    $375 - Orion - 4 yr
        $150 - LTI Razor                                                                          $400 - Hull D  - 4 yr
       $165 - LTI Prospector                                                                   $415 - 3 yr Conni Phoenix                 
        $190 - LTI Hurricane                                                                    $415 - 4 yr Conni Phoenix
        $210 - LTI Terrapin                 
        $225 - LTI Hull C 
        $245 - LTI Vanguard Hoplite  
        $500 - LTI Prowler
        $825 - LTI Polaris (non-warbond)

All ships listed below are CCU'd unless otherwise noted and all have LTI.
      Standard CCU'd Ships with LTI                                                Rare CCU'd Ships with LTI                          
      $105 - LTI Gladius                                                                         $190 - LTI Super Hornet
      $115 - LTI Cutlass Black                                                              
      $125 - LTI Hornet                                                                         $275 - LTI Vanduul Blade
      $125 - LTI Freelancer                                                                    $295 - LTI Merchantman
      $135 - LTI Cutlass Red                                                                  $295 - LTI Retaliator Bomber
      $140 - LTI Ghost (Hornet)        
      $140 - LTI Freelancer DUR
      $155 - LTI Tracker (Hornet)
      $155 - LTI Freelancer MAX
      $165 - LTI Taurus (Conni)
      $240 - LTI Andromeda (Conni)
      $265 - LTI Redeemer
      $300 - LTI Aquila (Conni)
      (*) Concept ship with LTI unless stated otherwise.

SPECIAL OFFERINGS
      3 - War Bond Polaris - $700.00 ea                                                                               

• By jhutch2k
      Hi guys, it has come time for me to unload my ships.  New job, no time, need a new laptop.
      Notes:
      Some ships are CCU-d, some come with additional items. Prices include Paypal fee.  
      Available Ships
      Buccaneer - LTI ($110)
      Constellation Andromeda - LTI ($225)
      Super Hornet - LTI ($165)
      Sabre - LTI ($170)
      350R - LTI ($125)
      Freelancer MIS - LTI ($165)
      Merchantman - LTI ($250)
      Harbinger - LTI ($280)
      SENTINEL BATTLEFIELD UPGRADE KIT - ANNIVERSARY - 3 yr ($25)

PM me if interested, I will update the above as sold