Citizen Con 2015 event schedule

Core

As usual during livestream events, StarCitizenBase will feature a teamspeak event.

We will also be partnering up with TheBaseRadio to keep you guys entertained from the 9th till the 11th. 

We invite all StarCitizenBase members to join us on the 10th of October at: ts.starcitizenbase.com and at: http://www.twitch.tv/THEBASERADIO

Quoted below is a word from the owner of TheBaseRadio, Ricko.

Folks, it's almost that time! In less than a week (at the time of this posting) the doors to Citizen Con 2015 will open in Manchester UK! The Base is happy to host a variety of activities on that day and even the day before!

Here's the schedule we have lined up for you!

Friday the 9th of October - We'll have a special edition of the Friday Night Show where we'll call into our two The Base monkeys, Doopsums and Cal, that will attend the event and possibly even have Erris from INN call in to talk about their experience getting to the event and what they wish to see.

Saturday the 10th of October - The Base will start a Citizen Con special Show at 1pm EDT | 1700 UTC where everybody's welcome to join us in our chat to discuss their opinions of the event before, during and after! We'll also call in to Doopsums and Cal who will be both be at the event on our behalf!

Sunday the 11th of October - As usual a Star Citizen Base Round Table will occur at 5pm EDT | 2100 UTC where I'm sure there's going to be a lot of talk around the event.

So join us next week for the festivities around Citizen Con!

Edited by Core

Chromebook acquired! Transcription will occur here!  Actually in this post.  Although INN is sending three people so the competition is fierce this round. 

CitizenCon Notes! Times in UTC

Oh CitizenCon,
Your hype oe'erfills my eyes,
Fingers, please keep up.

• 1800: There's nothing on yet, although it's time.  The stream says one more hour to go.
  • 1855: Wait for it...
  • 1900: What? Really? It's cancelled? (Kidding)
  • 1903: We have a new screen! 42:42!
  • 1909: 42:35... We have an official countown. Minutes and seconds apparently.  They managed to hype the hype. Presentation apparently begins at 19:52
  • 1912: And...just to mess with everybody, the timer now reads 50 minutes and counting...
  • 1916: And now 29:46 and counting.  It's static. What the ever-loving... Grr.
  • 1921: 24:08 and counting. And immediately accelerated to 22 minutes and counting.  JARED!!!
  • 1927: 7 minutes and counting.  Somebody over there needs a better watch.  Or is this Quantum time?
  • 1930: Sandi is on Stage! reading a letter: In 2012 I planned SC's crowdfunded campain and have been running it's marketing in  it's entirety alone until now. I've been surprised on a lot of fronts, and this is the most challenging and rewarding campaign I've ever been involved in.  From anonymous hate campaigns to flowers and thanful CS tickets.  SC is and will always be more than a AAA game.  Please raise your hand if you've made at least one heartfelt connection with another human being because of SC. lease recount an experience you've had that has made you believe you're contributing to something great. We are represented by (a lot of people.. I didn't get the countries / people / threads). Our team gives everthying to give the best experience possible and we get so much from you. From thanks to gifts and I've cried on more than one occasion from gratitude at the efforts out fans have gone to to let us know we're appreciated.
  • 19:35 Sandi, Sandi, Sandi! Crowd cheers, flowers delivered.
  • 1936: I believed in Chris' vision and I signed on to help make it come true.
  • 1937: CR is on stage!
  • 1937: CR - Welcome to CitizenCon. It's amazing to be here and to have an amazing team and community behind us.  I thought it would be good to start with an introspection / reflection of the past three years.
  • 1938: Slideshow / Videos of the campaign history (to the Top Gun music) from the original presentation, the opening of the Austin office in Feb '13, Santa Monica in Jun '13, the release of the hangar module, Citizen Con '13, the Austin Studio being upgraded, the expansion of community content and the first 10 For, adding Around the Verse in Dec '13, TNGS, Bugsmashers, F42 coming online in Feb '14, Arena Commander module released, the hangars reworked, racing added, Frankfurt coming online, the Squadron 42 mocap and per-cap, and the social module release.
  • 1945: CR - We went from eight people in 2012 to 270 today.  We have more people today than we did a few months ago (despite the drama lately) including 130 here in Manchester, from 6 when they started. One of the designers was up twenty-four hours working on the presentation today. Not that people should be up for that long, but when you want to show something to 
  • SC 1.3 next week!
  • Slides, bear with me.
  • 1949: More slides, talking about Crusader
  • 1950: 38 different missions in the Large World Map. 200 Quadrillion Km in volume.
  • All the ships have local grids, not just the big ones.  You can walk around the 300i, etc.
  • What's in Crusader? Slides.  I'll crop them later.  The slides are in reverse order at the moment. Deal with it.
  • 19:56 Live demo in SC 2.0
  • 64 different spawn in points, request one of your ships and it will spawn on a landing pad. If you don't claim it in time it will reset.
  • He selects a Connie.  There are 10 pads on Elisar.
  • They walked to the wrong landing pad.  Dammit Red 1.
  • Connie will be done shortly.  It isn't yet.
  • Crew takes seats and powers-up.
  • 2000: Takeoff!
  • QD to a communication satellite...and there are (AI) pirate scum in the area!  Engaging!
  • You can EVA from any vehicle including single-seat fighters.
  • 2004: EVA from the Hornet to the satellite. And into the setellite.
  • Pilot brings the satellite back online, which unlocks new coordinates.
  • The Connie took some damage. They're QDig to a refuel / refit station (there will be several in 2.0)
  • Landing on a refuel / rearm pad.
  • Drones scan the ship.  And magically fix it.  It will be more involved as they get to it, and you'll be able to earn money repairing ships.
  • Headed to the dedicated FPS area now. Multiple Quantum jumps.
  • There will be weapon drops at this station. Attack people (or defend yourself)
  • It's fucking beautiful!!
  • It's also gigantic.  The size of the battles will be...limited to server capacity.
  • The outlaws killed all the marines and are now stealing the Connie.
  • 2017: CR - All your Constellation are belong to us!
  • There will be a massive amount of places to visit and play, and shoot each other in the face.
  • FPS is integral in the whole experience.
  • No dates!!  But it's in the near future. Should be in your hands inside of...soon.
  • There has been a lot of work getting here and the game will build out from here.
  • 2021: The Starmap, will start on the web platform.
  • 2022: David Haddock, lead writer is on stage.
  • DH - We've been cagey about how the lore and persistence connect. 
  • Crusader where you left.
  • Each planet has a disc (information wheel, with landing zones and options, bookmarks, routing options etc.)
  • Stanton system and it's jump points
  • Green shows population densities, Yellow is economy, red is threat.
  • Everything in perspective.
  • Tabs at the bottom show system faction.
  • Small medium and large, and routing.
  • Routing from Crusader to Sol: You'll be able to decide to go fast, safely, or efficiently.
  • If you don't want to go to a system again, you can mark it to be avoided.
  • Magnus to Ellis jump point: Each jump point animation shows you where it's pointing.
  • The Star Map is available now on the website
  • Million Mile High club will be up by the end of this year.
  • 20:35 The joystick!
  • The HOTAS  has been enlarged to be more stable and include more controls.
  • It looks great.  No update on the high-end one with (confirmed) OLED screen
  • 2036: CCU live yesterday
  • Referreal program.
  • Refer your friends, You have a code which you can share with your friends.  As you recruit people you get 5000 UEC for each and exclusive rewards.
  • CR - We wouldn't be at almost one million people without you telling all your friends.
  • Aegis Sabre is a UK built ship released today. Dedicated dogfighter and focused on stealth and agility. $170
  • Military sale coming now as well.
  • Armada pack includes the Idris-P for the next 48 hours.
  • 20:43: Squadron 42 - Scene after attack on Vega
  • Gary Oldman confirmed!!
  • 'We are at wat!, Human systems have been abandoned in the face of the enemy. The enemy is all but at our gates, and we retreat while they burn and decimate everthing around us.  In order to defend the Empire we must attack.  We must rebuild our fleet. We must use the power of human innovation to harnass these systems and take the battle to the enemy.  It will cost us dearly, but we must do this. Because without victory, there can be no survival!!'
  • That scene was don in CryEngine in realtime.
  • Squadron 42 in 2016.
  • Video explaining how they did the video.
  • Gary Oldman flattened: They have millions of polys that make a face.
  • 20: 50 Skin Stretching, etc.  Screenshots just don't cut it. Also, I don't understand it enough to explain here.
  • "Bone influences per vert" -- me shaking my head.
  • Pupils actually react to the light.  Just...wow.
  • 2056: CR - I said I wanted it to be bigger and better and that's what I'm working toward.  Squadron 42 can go toe-to-toe with any big budget game and come out on top. Since we raised more money, we pushed S42 beyond fly missions to fly, walk around, fight, interact, all in one seamless mission. You'll get to know your character the way you never were in the past. S42 is sandbox like so there are side missions you can do but don't need to.
  • Dave and Will wrote the script together.
  • Wing Commander was about 3-4 hours of capture.
  • The main cast are at Oldman's level, secondary cast are sightly below that.
  • We don't know what you're going to chose to talk to, so each character has an arc and your story will change depending on how you play it.
  • Ian Duncan plays your part.
  • Septimus (from Stardust is in it!)  Andy Serkis, Liam Cunningham, etc. Gillian Anderson plays Gary Oldman's daughter. Cast is in the screenshots.
  • 2106: The script is huge.
  • 2110: They're about to show the early part of Squadron 42 when you transfer onto your Idris Frigate (not corvette)
  • It is lower fidelity than you saw in the cinematic, but still good. 40,000 polys versus Ryse 10,000
  • Morrow takes you on a tour of the Idris Stanton
  • The modeling don't convey how big this ship really is.
  • CR - Morrow is the gossip on the ship.
  • The Stanton is almost 70 years old.
  • 2125: None of the hair and most of the faces are in their final state.
  • They're still bringing the AI rig manipulation up to snuff so that the characters track you as you move around.
  • The shoot was 66 days, which is big movie time.
  • We haven't released it yet because the guys at Foundry 42 needs the time to get everything right.  To do something well you don't release until it's right.
  • Everything you've seen, plus S42, plus everything else has been made possible by you all.  You're helping me make the game I've always wanted to make.
  • Chris introduces the F42 team.
  • 2132: Cake!  Happy birthday Star Citizen!!!

And that's it.  I'm cleaning up the images now and I'll put them in an Imgur album here.  Presently they're in reverse order. 

• 2 weeks later...