Recent terminations at CIG ...

Taldren

As far as closing Austin (if true) it could be as simple as the new building in LA will be able to contain it all.

I had thought the IT infrastructure setup was better in Austin, but I am not paying the bills for CIG so who knows.

The people mentioned are mostly  PR types and managers as far as I have seen. Not pounding out the code. A simple thing like division or office integration can make a manager obsolete over night. There are also personal issues when offices start to expand that can cause friction. I like how Tony is hard wired for energy, but I also see him as a difficult to please boss for the same reason (can say the same about Chris I suppose). Happens all the time in any business.

Waiting on some official word from CIG. - DRUM out

EDIT: official word -> https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5651717/#Comment_5651717

Edited by Drum

I don't read anything into this but normal business. On a project of this type and scale, continual restructuring is to be expected. Bottom-line re: the people involved, it is none of our business why people were made redundant or moved on for whatever personal reasons, and any speculation is just adding insult to injury. As for the lunatic, I don't know why anyone would listen to him any more than some man ranting on a street corner about the end of the world. I see no reason for concern as long as CIG continues to deliver, and until that changes, I'm good.

I'm not worried. Standard process for the growing company which is balanced on a supply and demand basis. People will come and go, goals and projects change.

It makes sense to streamline the multiple sites. We know that the UK is doing SQ42, Germany is doing FPS and special cryengine requirements and the US is doing the PU and ships.

Having people working on projects in the wrong offices will just cause inefficiencies. Best to have people together and in ear shot. Hence why Zhane is currently in the UK working with the UI designers.

Seems James Pugh and Alyssa Delhotal have been fired from CIG while Paul Forgy (Artist working on the Bengal Carrier) and Lisa Ohanian (Ship Shape) quit ... all in the same day.

I wasn't all that concerned about CIG and Star Citizen ... until now. Anyone have any clue what is going on?

This has already been addressed on other threads - see link below and RTV ep 64 --->>

"Good" people can also be "unproductive" people - right?   You can only "blame Sandi" if you buy into the deceit and lies from Derek Smart.  Watch RTV ep 64 from yesterday (video posted now in OP and below).  My personal take on it was that James was like Will (the previous CIG lead forum moderator).  Nice guy but James ended up doing a better job than Will.... and like any business James replaced Will.   When Jared (Disco) was hired... you can tell (even from being a fan on the outside) that Jared did James job a lot better and then some..... thus.... same thing happened..... Jared replaced James.   I mentioned before that I thought that Alyssa was very unprofessional from day one as she try to make herself seem important by budding into RTV Q/A....   She would field the question and then respond 90% of the time by saying "sorry we can't tell you anything about that" (so why respond to the question).  Again you can be a good person but being unprofessional like she was (in my opinion) is clearly grounds for letting her go.

We also know that Lisa left (per her own admission in the RTV Chat) to pursue her dream job in another company.  My guess is other larger companies are trying to pilfer the talent that CIG has by making Lisa and Travis these great offers.   All of this is normal in business.

Sandi is doing a great job and she couldn't be "yelling" at anyone if she had a bad cold (and there were many around her - where if she was lying - would be quite embarrassing for her).  So the real question is do you believe Sandi or Derek Smart (someone who is probably actually insane --- see links on Derek Smart Does not Represent the Star Citizen Community  << link to thread)

As far as closing Austin (if true) it could be as simple as the new building in LA will be able to contain it all.

^^^ This Derek Smart deceit has already been debunked per the quote from CIG on this post --->> LINK

The real thing I want to know is where DS gets his information about internal CIG affairs...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk

I don't think he has any internal info to be honest. He is fairly obsessive himself but his followers are even worse. Cereal CIG online stalker stuff.

The CIG staff who no longer work there fairly promptly updated their professional profiles. This will have been picked up quickly by his minions and then the gaps would have been filled from there.

Saying that if there is any disgruntled workers they will know exactly who to speak to. The leaked letter I read recently can basically be compacted down into a "I'm annoyed as someone else got the promotion I wanted" whinge. With that level of maturity, I wouldn't be surprised if it was passed on to him who shall not be named.

I read nothing into it.

Edited by Minted

Exactly Minted. I'm not sure what warranted dismissals, but those things aren't handled lightly.

With the leaked letter, remember we are only getting a heavily biased side of the story. We don't know if it's legit or even remotely accurate.

With GlassDoor it appears anyone can claim experience at a given work location-with similar concerns because it is also anonymous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben responding to an alramist's stupid comment that CIG had a "week from hell"

[–]banditloafCIG Employee 20 points 4 hours ago 

Unfortunately, I think this is the biggest disconnect there's ever been between perception and reality. There are, on average, a handful of people that join and leave every single month (for a wide variety of reasons.) The major difference last week was only how you heard about it. I am pretty sure telling anyone upstairs in Santa Monica that it was 'the week from hell' would get you a funny look... it's business as usual for the team (now NEXT week will probably be hell for some folks getting ready for CitizenCon demos... :))