Derek Smart Does not Represent the Star Citizen Community

CheeseNorris

He blocked you as if you just log out of your account and search you will see he is being attack and attacking every hour on the hour 

Oh, did not realize I could just log out of my account and it would allow me to see his tweets again. Thanks! :)

No PhD in Computer Science for me :P

EDIT: Hmmm, it states his last tweet was 19h ago? Sounds more and more likely that he was indeed banned. :D

Edited by Danakar Endeel

I think people need to just ignore this guy. The more attention you give him the worse things get. He wants to argue with people and no matter what you do he will still be stubborn and arrogant. No need to fuel this idiot.

Actually, feeding HWSNBN enrages him to commit stupidity, something the goons have been working on. He's been banned on Twitter at least once already and he's banned from Reddit. both actions have pushed him to new heights. I think he's left SA as well because "Goons don't set up Goons"

Time since Line of Doody was to have been released

Edited by Gremlich

Actually, feeding HWSNBN enrages him to commit stupidity, something the goons have been working on. He's been banned on Twitter at least once already and he's banned from Reddit. both actions have pushed him to new heights. I think he's left SA as well because "Goons don't set up Goons"

Time since Line of Doody was to have been released

Pretty much this. At first he was just posting crap about Star Citizen with his blogs and the first one actually wasn't too bad, then came the subsequent blogs, lawsuit threats, public hating on Twitter and the FUD campaign including namecalling and 'white knights' and 'cult' with him slipping dangerously close into slander and libel but now he was actively and publicly harassing and doxing people and enticing others to do the same. This has opened up a whole new can of worms as there are laws against cyberbullying in Florida. Depending on the severity it can get him up to 5 years in prison.

And they don't allow you to go on the internet in prison. :P

And while he still claims Star Citizen as being the cause of it with his 'wait till they see my next Star Citizen blog' it is his own arrogance and ego that will bring him down.

He wanted to be the one to watch Star Citizen go down in flames by inciting others to do the dirty work for him while he acts as the innocent bystander. But the only one going down in flames is Derek himself because he couldn't keep his mouth shut and just had to claim credit for everything (including the fact that it was him feeding the story to The Escapist).

Maybe I should send him a soap-on-a-rope. ;)

gahns-soap-on-a-rope-5015.jpg

Yeah I see where you're coming from. I just feel like hes just like any other troll that wants a response from people. I want nothing but the worst for this guy and I do enjoy looking at the silly things he posts to his twitter. Karma is a bitch though and one of these days I'm sure his actions will catch up with him.

I've said this before (as has the Head of Test Squadron and a few others)

1) If SC succeeds, he will claim it was because he put a fire under CIG's posterior - and he wins (in his mind -- but it couldn't be farther from the truth);

2) if CIG fails, he wins because he sounded the clarion call that it was a scam. (which it isn't)

Only in the insane person's mind does either outcome make that person a winner.

There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.
~~ Sylvester Stallone

and,

I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that's all you're going to get back.
~~ Kesha

according to this thread, https://twitter.com/TheKevinDent/status/656543456295321600 DS will be banned within 24-48 hours of the email to him. Shadowbanned from Reddit.

Edited by Gremlich

Alright, it seems DS has totally lost it and is now in nuclear meltdown mode. ;)

XqLo7Dj.png

And he's still projecting his insane ramblings as if Star Citizen is some kind of evil empire solely out to get him? I think I need to get him a nice white jacket with extra long sleeves instead of soap-on-a-rope. :)

b462375640b0a84bbefd792d145e7284.jpeg

"You won't get away with this!! I am the Internet Warlord! Look at my industry reach! Rawr..."

"My 5K+ followers. Star Citizen fanatics r trying to burn this a/c to silence me. Even if they succeed, it will be of NO consequence With unwavering certainty I stand firmly on my opinion that this Star Citizen project is now a epic scam of global proportion"
"But despite that, I will never - ever - quit this fight. Even amid death threats I have received, I will see this to the very bitter END"
"I will win this, simply because I know that I am right. There is no way on this God's Earth that RSI/CIG will EVER get away with this"

.eJwFwUsOgyAUAMC7sJf3EwX3XfYMhKBVkwIGaJq

Also banned from Reddit and SA

.eJwFwQEOwiAMAMC_8AC6tshgv2mYDhIZy1qzqPH

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuczMuYW1h

First of all, I'm all for freedom of speech. Derek Smart has a clear opinion on the Star Citizen project and is rallying people who either are likeminded or just want to see the world burn. Likely most people joining him are just there for the spectacle.

I honestly don't get this whole ordeal; We all back Star Citizen willingly and freely. We all know there's a risk, we believe Chris Roberts and his company are able to make this dream come true.

There are no drawbacks for Derek Smart if Star Citizen either succeeds or fails. You could reason that, IF Star Citizen fails, crowd funding will take a enormous hit from which it might not recover, but since DS contributes to the same problem with crowd funding I don't see the need to attack CR and CIG just because the project is the biggest. But hey, if you're at the top you're a easy target.

It's his choice to be very vocal about his opinion and he is in his right to do so. I will defend his right to let his opinion be heard any day, even if I don't agree with him. However, Newton's third law teaches us that every action has a equal and opposite reaction, which means that sites might block him, people will fight his opinion with their own opinion, any lawsuit he manages to drum up might (and probably will) get countered and he shouldn't cry like a bitch because of it. 

He likes to portray himself as some kind of Robin Hood figure, the one sticking up for the little folk against "evil" king Roberts but honestly he doesn't give a damn about gamers, PC gaming or the industry. If he did he would put all his energy into making his games the best. He doesn't care. He just wants to see CS fail just to gloat for a few days and then go back to his sh*tty games that never go anywhere.

However, if it is true that people are sending this man death threats that is clearly going over the line.
Even with all he's been posting he doesn't deserve getting personally attacked.

However, if it is true that people are sending this man death threats that is clearly going over the line.
Even with all he's been posting he doesn't deserve getting personally attacked.

Apparently the Twitter suspension is due to him replying to someone that they should commit suicide.

He's allowed his opinion. The thing that frustrates me the most: Everyone who talks about his opinion or him, turning him into a "celebrity". You know what would have happened if all Star Citizens ignored him right? Nothing.

But then again, we love watching a slow-motion trainwreck so I don't blame anyone for following his descent into madness. I too partake in the enjoyment of his demise. 

Edited by Core

Apparently the Twitter suspension is due to him replying to someone that they should commit suicide.

He's allowed his opinion. The thing that frustrates me the most: Everyone who talks about his opinion or him, turning him into a "celebrity". You know what would have happened if all Star Citizens ignored him right? Nothing.

But then again, we love watching a slow-motion trainwreck so I don't blame anyone for following his descent into madness. I too partake in the enjoyment of his demise. 

The suspension is for the same reason he was banned from Reddit: he doxxed WUlfknight, posted about his wife workplace and other personal info, hinted at a phantomatic lover of her wife going out to get him, the same things that happened with CR daughter.

Since it's illegal, Reddit banned it from the Wulf Knight hate subreddit, Twitter seemingly is going down hard on his account ( and if they find there was a crime they could possibly hand it all to the police, I believe they do like this with stalking and so on, which is why he was erasing everything he posted about that), GG are out for him after the Kate Click debacle and SA are kicking him out since the  toy broke and they gave him enough rope.

That and because being dragged in a doxxing incident would be annyoing.

Consider that his last blog post is about how RSI is a forefront to laundry dirty money for the swedish mafia ( not joking, I would love to see a gaming news site publish that) and you don't need to be a genius to understand he's running his last mile.

If you consider it, from June we found out CIG has them all: they're noobs, CR is a thief, Sandi is racist and ageist. rampant mobbing, rampant conning of a million of backers, they laundry money for the mafia, the next blogpost will be about the fact they have smallpox and smelly feets and we're done.

I'd like to see the face of the Escapist guys that followed the trail he left them, maybe a trip to Sweden is in order....

Holy crap, that I didn't know. That's terrible (not the suspension, him commenting that someone should commit suicide). I had hoped he wouldn't stoop that low, but apparently he doesn't have any inhibition whatsoever.
Ugh.

But he has done similar things numerous times-doxing and suicide threats are no joke.

On another note, I hope that people who've asked for refunds and want to pledge back are given a polite "no" by CIG, if any were wanting to return-at least don't let them unmelt their returned ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or they should set a rule, that refunded backers will not be allowed to pledge for the game, and can only get it on release.

they should not be enjoying backer perks anyway, the way I see it. Includes DS. But there is a chance that he'd hate SC even more during the actual release as it would make LoD obsolete by then. Or is it already?

I just don't understand this man at all. He attacks people personally, bashes a game thats in Alpha. Accusations with no evidence to back them up. Complains about it taking too long but other MMOs and RPGs like WOW,Oblivion, and Skyrim were all in development for 4-5 years and they arent on the same massive scale as this game. He just annoys me to no end even when I do ignore him lol. Damn trolls.