Derek Smart Does not Represent the Star Citizen Community

CheeseNorris

I had to watch that video again and someone posted his twitter feed from his response

to be fair, she ABUSED his video which was not, I believe, covered by any sort of copyright against derivative works. Parody laws in the UK frees her from an inhibitions to do such creative things. AND it's not even on youtube anymore. (Just checked)

found something re: Elite:Dangerous that HWSNBN wrote in a rant, errrr, blog (italics are mine):

"

Despite the fact that ED was delivered late, mostly unfinished, very buggy (it still is), and for non-space sim fans is as boring as watching paint dry, they delivered as promised. In fact, they exceeded my expectations because I wasn’t expecting, nor wanting, more than that which they delivered. What most of us wanted was a bigger and better Elite, with modern day tech. And they delivered in spades.

Now, they’re rumored to be considering adding planetary access and such, though it’s anyone’s guess what form that will take. From where I’m sitting, and given my experience in chasing that particular whale, I’ll believe it when I see it.

"

Edited by Gremlich

The one of Derek Smart's that Kate used to make her video

Oh that one? After he was banned from Twitch, he mucked around trying to spread his CitizenCon hatemongering on YouTube Stream instead (and an epic 100+ twitter posts of bile and hate). Because he's completely clueless when it comes to technology he fucked around with the microphone for the first 20 minutes as it didn't work (and calling people trolls when they told him his mic wasn't working)  and had the entire recording (including microphone fuckups) up for everyone to see and download for several days. :P

After Kate made her parody he quickly took the original stream video down and is now claiming it was a private video (even though he did a public stream and had it up on public for several days). So Derek is once again trying to censor the internet with this bullshit now that his stream backfired.

Nuuh, mi vidio iz private naowz. I no gief permission 4 u. I sue u.

Edited by Danakar Endeel
Added additional info

Oh that one? He took it down and is now claiming it was a private video (even though he did a public stream and had it up on public for several days). So Derek is once again trying to bend the world to his bullshit reasoning.

Yeh I just read his responses on Kate's twitter. Hilarious, it just shows how much of an absolute liar he is.

Claiming it was broadcasted in error, he was just testing equipment, it was only meant to be viewed by a select few and that twitter automatically broadcasted an invite to everyone haha. You couldn't make it up....well little D could.

I'm curious why Beer was working with him though. That doesn't suggest anything close to well-intentioned skepticism on Beer's part. We all have questions about the direction of the project, duration, etc., but we don't go to EA with them.

Beer isn't working with DS. Interacting, yes. Having some common concerns, yes. Working with, no.

I can still view it, it feels great to live in a country with free speech ;)

Yeah, I feel a little bad for that comment

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that I still can view it. Usually the most stuff available to everyone is blocked here.
Then again, when I can't access something I simply use the Tor-Network.

Beer isn't working with DS. Interacting, yes. Having some common concerns, yes. Working with, no.

Sorry, passing encrypted files back and forth is much more complicity than I would countenance. This is someone who's entire point of view is that SC should fail and how to affect such an outcome. If Beer's dealings are above board, there should be no reason for that level of discretion.

Sorry, passing encrypted files back and forth is much more complicity than I would countenance. This is someone who's entire point of view is that SC should fail and how to affect such an outcome. If Beer's dealings are above board, there should be no reason for that level of discretion.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Encrypted files? Are you referring to the tweet beer sent which he encrypted as a way of showing the information which DS passed to him without actually posting the information? If so, the idea was so it wouldn't be shared prior to citizen con, but that he could prove that he had the information prior.

Yes, which he could have sent in plain text prior to Citizen Con and still have proved his prior knowledge.

As I understand it, he was provided with the ship name (Vindicator) and price ($175). If he had posted that unencrypted prior to citizencon don't you think that would have upset people? That was the reason, to share it without spoiling the event. Ask yourself, if Beer wanted to damage SC wouldn't he have not bothered with encryption? As it turns out, the name was Sabre and the price was $170. So DS's info was wrong or CIG quickly changed it prior to release. (I'm hoping the former)

As I understand it, he was provided with the ship name (Vindicator) and price ($175). If he had posted that unencrypted prior to citizencon don't you think that would have upset people? That was the reason, to share it without spoiling the event. Ask yourself, if Beer wanted to damage SC wouldn't he have not bothered with encryption? As it turns out, the name was Sabre and the price was $170. So DS's info was wrong or CIG quickly changed it prior to release. (I'm hoping the former)

And had the exact same change happened, with Beer having posted the file without encryption, then detractors could have claimed that it was changed in response to the post.  Now, the information just looks discredited.  Beer actually did the right thing there, by keeping a proper control in place for the experiment.  This still raises the question of where the information came from originally, and whether this means Beer trusts that source less.  

Regarding the DS livestream, I've never heard a male say, "I'm not showing you my tits," so many times.  Not that I'm into manboobs, but because he said that so many times, I kept hoping he'd change his mind.  It would have completely changed the tone of the tail end of the stream.  Sadly, he does not have a sense of humor or isn't aware that laughing together eases stress and animosity more than anything else in the world.

I hope it's okay to say this on Starbase, but if I by some twist of multiverse randomness somehow ended up in his shoes in that moment, I'd show my (lack of) manboobs.  Just sayin'.  Then again, maybe I have a warped sense of humor.  idk

Edited by insomnia_shipping

Yeh I just read his responses on Kate's twitter. Hilarious, it just shows how much of an absolute liar he is.

Claiming it was broadcasted in error, he was just testing equipment, it was only meant to be viewed by a select few and that twitter automatically broadcasted an invite to everyone haha. You couldn't make it up....well little D could.

This shows how in contempt he holds us, believing that we are so stoopid (yes, two "o"'s) as to believe him. I was able to view his video whilst he was trying to figure out why the audio wasn't working. So, hello, itz PUBLIC and he has noleg to stand on.

I'll just post this again to prove we are right.

S81tcGB.png

Edited by Gremlich

Regarding the DS livestream, I've never heard a male say, "I'm not showing you my tits," so many times.  Not that I'm into manboobs, but because he said that so many times, I kept hoping he'd change his mind.  It would have completely changed the tone of the tail end of the stream.  Sadly, he does not have a sense of humor or isn't aware that laughing together eases stress and animosity more than anything else in the world.

I hope it's okay to say this on Starbase, but if I by some twist of multiverse randomness somehow ended up in his shoes in that moment, I'd show my (lack of) manboobs.  Just sayin'.  Then again, maybe I have a warped sense of humor.  idk

I believe this indicates DS can't take a joke. Also shows how easy it is to troll him.