How to completely delete this?

Kanden95

Hello guys, I had tested the Gamescom2015 "demo" just today. I downloaded it and tried it a it and then I decided to delete it. I had roughly 323 GB before downloading this game. Now I have 298. Thats about the 30 Gigs I had to download for the game there.

Problem is, I deleted the game now but I didn't gain the GB's back. I feel like the game wasn't completely deleted from my drive but the folder isn't there anymore.

Can any of you guys help me here?

Did you delete the game or uninstall it? Theres a difference. 

It's true the game is between 25 and 30 gigs in size at this moment. It could also be that windows just didn't actually free up the space yet because it's not needed, its how drives work. There are tools with which you can completely empty deleted space, but i never had this problem. 

What windows version are you using?

Multiple things could have happened in this situation, though I am not a technology expert. It is possible that windows didn't actually fully register the deleted content, in which simply refreshing your disk will solve the issue. Secondly, the folder may still be there, which is unlikely, but still possible, in which you shall need to view hidden files and folder's if you are on windows. Finally, look around your program files, both regular and x86, and just make sure that there is no remnant installation folders. Not really a solid techie, so it probably didn't help much, so.. good luck.

1. I did the uninstall from Programs and features yeah, I think thats the right way to do it? :D

2. I checked the folder I installed the launcher in and the Developers Folder is gone.

3. I refreshed the Drive already, no change. :S

4. What other folders does this game create? So I can look for them.

Did you delete the game or uninstall it? Theres a difference. 

It's true the game is between 25 and 30 gigs in size at this moment. It could also be that windows just didn't actually free up the space yet because it's not needed, its how drives work. There are tools with which you can completely empty deleted space, but i never had this problem. 

What windows version are you using?

I'm using Windows 10. Can you tell me such a tool I could use?

I'm using Windows 10. Can you tell me such a tool I could use?

There's no tool for that (since it's working just fine).
Though you could try CCleaner and clean your cache + the other stuff.

But are you 100% your Recycle bin is empty? I already saw people forgetting about that. The data is still on the drive unless that thing is empty.

Okay I got it now. I had checked x86 folder and such but not the normal Programs folder, I really did not expect to have another one there with all the game files.

I deleted that one now and emptied the bin and now I have 323GB of free space again. 

Thanks for your help guys!

Okay I got it now. I had checked x86 folder and such but not the normal Programs folder, I really did not expect to have another one there with all the game files.

I deleted that one now and emptied the bin and now I have 323GB of free space again. 

That's interesting.
Well, weird actions like that are one reason why I have a dedicated games directory for every drive. That ensures everything will be installed in this folder only.
I recommend you that method to avoid future issues.

That's interesting.Well, weird actions like that are one reason why I have a dedicated games directory for every drive. That ensures everything will be installed in this folder only.
I recommend you that method to avoid future issues.

That actually doesnt sound bad at all. I was thinking of putting in my spare 500GB HDD from my PS4 in my PC. I think I'll use that with a directory you said for games then. Might be a good idea actually.

If you delete something, always use Shift+Delete

If you delete something, always use Shift+Delete

That's the same as deleting it and empty the Recycle Bin afterwards.
Means you could change the options for the Recycle Bin and simply deactivate. Though you won't be able to recover your data easily then. But that's just important if you deleted something on accident.