GamesCom 2015 - Notes, Pictures, Ship Sale list and LiveStream

GeraldEvans

The 2015 GamesCom will live stream on 7 August at 1800 UTC. I will try to embed it here. That way SCB can discuss it while watching from 'home.'

CIG is at Hall 10.1 A33

Good copy of the demo courtesy of RSI. Thanks @AstroJak!

The full presentation ~ Thanks @VoA   Won't embed. 

In addition the following ships will be for sale there and on the RSI site during the convention and come with 2yi:

Attendees will also receive a selection of Star Citizen artifacts including the first in a series of collectible ship pins and an event-specific poster! And for the first time, limited ships will be available for purchase directly at the event for Concierge and Subscriber backers! The following ships will be available for purchase from representatives on site, and will come with a physical ‘ship registration’ certificate suitable for framing.

Aegis Retaliator
Anvil Carrack
Drake Caterpillar
RSI Orion
Aegis Reclaimer
Khartu-al (Xi’an Scout)
Banu Merchantman
These ships will also be available online during the event for those that can not attend.

And

Digital Merchandise

We’re bringing back digital event items! Gamescom attendees will receive an exclusive ‘Cologne 2945’ poster for their Hangars AND a local-themed ship skin. Digital items will be available in the pledge store for those who can’t attend closer to the event. The Gamescom trophy and digital poster will be available in the pledge store for backers who are unable to attend. Additionally, ALL subscribers will receive a second variant Gamescom trophy for their Hangars. Digital items will be attributed next week.

Notes!!

• 18:20 It's on! Colonial Movers and a few other orgs in character having a costume contest.
  • I'm sorry but did they just give 890Js to people?
  • 18:26 Sandi is speaking German.
  • She is letting people know where the booth is, and welcoming people to the event.
  • The booth is small because they're spending all the money on development.
  • Thanks to Falcon Northwest, Saitek, Intel, and AMD et al there will be giveaways later.
  • Thanks to all the teams around the globe for making this possible.
  • Ben thanks Sandi for her hard work.
  • 18:33 Chris Roberts takes the stage.
  • Chris introduces the demo team: Erin Roberts, Paul Rendell (and his beer) and the rest of the team.
  • 1.1.6 is Live (yesterday) 16 players, better launcher, Merlin and Scythe are flyable.
  • New difficulty mode in Vanduul swarm mode. Clear 18-20 waves of Vanduul Swarm and get a token to get a Glaive.
  • First 1000 people to beat the new VS mode can buy a Glaive! (using store credits - no black market bullshit like with the Scythe)
  • Social Module drops this month.
  • 20 players per instance in ArcCorp
  • 18:39 Cue ArcCorp demo.
  • Social brings chat emotes, travel between hangars and arena commander.
  • Demo starts in the customs area.
  • Headbob while dancing is cause for nausea.
  • Demo shows the area where you would land, through customs, and into the ArcCorp square.
  • You can turn Augmented Reality on and off so that you see who everyone is.
  • 18:44 Demo moves to Cubby Blast and then the medical unit.
  • 18:45 JobWell TDD board.
  • You can see the Constellation outside on the landing pad. The city looks beautiful.
  • 18:47 Off to the G-Loc bar - another place to find missions.
  • The bar looks great. FP headbob is going to be the end of some people's VR aspirations. No dancing for you lot!
  • Out the bar to the incinerator area. It looks really shady. This is where you can find some less than legal missions.
  • 18:49 AstroArmada , an Aurora flies by overhead.
  • Line of Defense never looked this good even on paper.
  • I want a ship turntable for my M50.
  • 18:52 Dumpers Depot -  Hornet being repaired in the background.
  • Star Marine will release the end of next month (September)
  • Major blocker is unifying first and third person animations.
  • They want you to see other players interacting with the world the same way they see themselves interacting with it.
  • ARMA 3 does this (according to CR)
  • 18:56 cue FPS demo
  • The Heavy Marine can use holograms by pressing G
  • Erin keeps dying before he can deploy the hologram.
  • 19:03 Marine Commander? CR cuts the FPS demo, can't show all the gadgets and gameplay he wanted to.
  • Squadron 42 will be discussed in depth at CitizenCon.
  • The different studios are discussed.
  • 19:08 Different player mods and videos, and fiction are shown.
  • 19:10 Ken with Turbulant shows off the new bug reporting system in the Issue Council
  • This allows for community up/down voting to prioritize bugsmashing.
  • Without a critical number of reproduced bugs the report dies.
  • Community Hub - Submit your content to the RSI website: Screenshots, Videos, and Fan Art
  • Guiness Records: Most crowdfunded game, most crowdfunded project
  • 19:16 Modularity
  • PotkCPC.png
  • Cutlass is the first modular ship, then Retaliator, then Constellation
  • Size classes, Light, Medium, Heavy, Capital Class
  • hMXgsE4.png
  • Build a Retaliator: passenger, bomber, cargo, dropship.
  • KBISRRU.png
  • Living quarters looks cool.
  • OMG, the dropship version!
  • 19:19 Saitek HOTAS chosen because they said it would be a complete new build and several variations, entry to high end.
  • ckjDMrw.png
  • CR wants HOMAK, HOMAS, HOSAS, HOTAS
  • Entry level HOTAS has a trackball on the stick and throttle
  • Throttle and stick are detachable and can attach to the keyboard
  • MMTJO2v.png
  • High End is X-65 based and features an OLED touchscreen.
  • srSVAA9.png
  • Headsets and mice
  • QVRZafU.png
  • 19:24 Raffle time
  • Someone else just one a Glaive
  • Make that two people won a Glaive.
  • AMD Sapphire 390X is what they're using in all their machines
  • X-55 Rhino, x2 (Bastion)
  • Chris's own SC track jacket. The only one with a hood. Signed :)
  • Everyone at the event who finishes the 18 levels of VS gets a Glaive
  • 19:34 Large World
  • PJ1Xa53.png
  • rcjvfp7.png
  • vTxuNjz.png
  • There was a pause for RL. I took shots of the slides.
  • 19:41 MultiCrew and PU demo
  • 19:47 Quantum Drive baby. Quantum Drive.
  • Don't hit the asteroids.
  • 19:50 Boarding a disabled / derelict Retaliator
  • Zero-G animations are sharp.
  • 19:52 Battle in the asteroid field with the Cutlass, restored Retaliator and a Constellation Andromeda.
  • CR wants a torpedo.
  • The Constellation gets destroyed, Retalliator tries to QD out, something is broken in engineering.
  • Dammit Scotty! The battle broke the QD in the Retaliator. (Nice job Blue Team!)
  • 20:00 An Idris flies over! - But can it LAND?
  • G7DFGgZ.png
  • 20:09 They attempt the demo again - and succeed this time.
  • Thanks to Jared the director, Disco, and the team.
  • Time to get drunk and sign autographs for the next five hours.

Edited by GeraldEvans
Notes and pictures added to the OP. Sorry about the quality. This is what my stream looked like.

Corvette is a long way off, I asked Ben about it a couple months ago on Star Cast and they basically hadn't even started working on it at all yet.

I believe they have discussed it internally 2-3 times but obviously hasn't gone to a concept artist. I understand it will most likely be part of the next wave of ships. Which I'm guessing will be later this year or early next...

Maybe I'll need a carrack to bring home.  It'd be better if they just gave us some hanger ready ships...

Who needs pixels, when you can have a certificate saying that you bought pixels. I mean that's something and counters those that say you're paying money for something that doesn't even exist (yet) ;)

i alrdy got the ships but i do love to have that ship certificate to put on the wall ;o

so i will endup buying a ship wich i alrdy got ;o ooh wel i will melt it for somethingh released lateron

It would be neat if they would allow printing of those certificates. I think there are some people that would like to have them too, but can not go to gamescom or who might be there, but don't have the money to spend on more ships.
Otherwise putting them up on the website, would add more work to the web team...so probably not

Who needs pixels, when you can have a certificate saying that you bought pixels. I mean that's something and counters those that say you're paying money for something that doesn't even exist (yet) ;)

It would be neat if they would allow printing of those certificates. I think there are some people that would like to have them too, but can not go to gamescom or who might be there, but don't have the money to spend on more ships.Otherwise putting them up on the website, would add more work to the web team...so probably not

mayby ppl who buy them can scan them and put them online. i will only be able to get 1 or 2 orso