Cutlass Red owners, or your goals in the PU ?

Capt.Jack

I am new to the forums, and was looking to see how many of you own a Red cutlasses, and maybe looking to play a heavy role in a medical field of the PU. I for one really am drawn into this occupation, and think it will be a key occupation to master. I have played medic roles in many FPS, and MMO's, but not at this level. I can really see the importance to a Medic on the battle field. I plan to get a Endeavor Hope class Hospital ship, or what ever ship they decided to make an Hospital class ship. I feel to have a hope class ship/ Red Cutlass crew near by to patch up your org. members when injured will be a valuable tool to have. People will get injured, and if they hope to live long in this game you will need to get patched up quickly. 

I just was wondering if there was a lot of people here that would like to go into a more dedicated medic role in Imperium. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I am heavily interested in playing doctor in the Star Citizen universe. Now that we know that we'll be getting a dedicated hospital ship, I'll be waiting until that hits concept sale before buying any medic-themed ships. Hopefully it'll come with a design release describing how the medical system will work in game, much like they did with the Genesis starliner and the transportation system. Plus, when the Endeavour was going to have a medical variant (as opposed to having a dedicated ship, as it is now), there was talk of it having its own mini craft. Since the Hope class may have the same thing, I'll hold off of buying a Cutlass Red until we have more details. Hopefully, the Hope will have an ambulance or two, or perhaps it will come with a Cutlass Red. Dunno. But damnit, I hope details come soon. :D

Ya, even though i have a Red cutlass, and will be planing to captain a larger class Hospital ship which the cutlasses can bring their injured pilots or marines. I was looking to see how many might have the Red Cutlass, so if I did get my hands on a capital class hospital ship there would be members looking to fill these roles. 

Happy to see there is a number of member capable, and willing to perform this roles here. ^^

On another note: "  first welcome to Star citizen base,which is something different from Imperium " Is this a shared Imperium forums, or do i need to start posting on another site if i wish to communicate with Imperium members. 

Yes, wfja

They have said they are trying to bring out ships as they bring it to the PU, so I think once they have a better handle on how being a medic/doctor will be in the PU. THey will start to bring out the Medical ships, and their variant/modular sections around that time. 

Imperium is a subforum of SCB. To become a proper member of Imperium, you must join the org on Rsi and follow the instructions described there. Our org page is: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/IMPERIUM

When accepted you will get access to the Imperium part of SCB where we talk about all that kind of stuff and then some :-)

I am in trade and industry and will be focused on resource gathering. I hope to be certified as a medic and will be buying a Cutlass Red at some point, maybe even prior to the PU going live. I bought a Reliant in the hopes I can CCU and have a LTI Cutlass Red. If I can not CCU I will probably get one after PU is live. Not sure I would count in the ranks of ISAR since I hope to be capable of doing everything. Hopefully I can be a better medic than I am a racer.:blush:

ya, I have not figured out those little speedy racers yet myself. I can do laps no problem in a fighters or a cutlass, but put me in those little ships. I just start to black out, and slam into everything. 

Just watch " Reverse the Verse ", and it looks like the Endeavor will have a Hope class variant. 

They seem to really hint a lot about the Hospital sneak peak from around the verse, and twice in Reverse the verse. Plus, from what they are saying it's going to be one of the most MiSCy looking ships. I really love the beat'em it up tough look of the MiSC series ships.  Anyways, looks like I am going to get a little taste of some rescue missions maybe in " Star Marines ". Really can't wait to get my hands on the upcoming Endeavor now ^^ so If you are ever looking to put your red cutlasses to work. I am sure I will have a spot for you to dock with my future Endeavor if it isn't a 2 second sale. 

I've been waiting for a post like this - I have a Red, and I'm seriously interested in SAR... My prime want is for Exploration but I imagine that Rescue will be more interesting, and more fulfilling. I've always played healer classes in mmos and I reckon that'll come through in SC. Eventually I plan to own or work on a Hope hospital - we should catch up in the PU!

Just watch " Reverse the Verse ", and it looks like the Endeavor will have a Hope class variant. 

They seem to really hint a lot about the Hospital sneak peak from around the verse, and twice in Reverse the verse. Plus, from what they are saying it's going to be one of the most MiSCy looking ships. I really love the beat'em it up tough look of the MiSC series ships.  Anyways, looks like I am going to get a little taste of some rescue missions maybe in " Star Marines ". Really can't wait to get my hands on the upcoming Endeavor now ^^ so If you are ever looking to put your red cutlasses to work. I am sure I will have a spot for you to dock with my future Endeavor if it isn't a 2 second sale. 

I understood that the Hope Class will be its own ship now. Completely separate to the Endeavor which is purely science.

We should definitely work together Newzyone, and with Wfja if hes down.

Minted, from what I understand yes Ben did say that they were going to make the endeavor only a science ship, but since then they have changed their mind, and now after talks with the team. They are just going to keep it one ship, but modular, and have players mix and match the sections as they wish. I think he had said the first Endeavor will be a science package ship, and much later they will have a hope class.  I figure for $50 bucks or something you can upgrade to that model at that time. Kinda like the Starfarer, and Starfarer G.  

Check out video at section 55:06 to the end is where they talk about endeavor. 

Edited by Capt.Jack

Is there a specific and/or popular S&R/Exploration Unit under Imperium? I can see Astartes and 1st Guardian Expedition Unit in the Portal, but do people know of others?

... actually I'll just browse the forum, duh.

There used to be a ISAR unit under fleet corps, but I think it is obsolete now. We can talk more about it over private messages/teamspeack later, and maybe if anything else get together a Medical unit.  I would love to see a larger scaled division made that is more Science/Medical later, bute will have to see as time goes on how needed this field will be. I see a great need for medical care in starcitizen if things play out as I vision it.