Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pilot-john

Vanduul Salvage/Destruction

I have been hearing about sniping Vanduul pilots out of their scythes. Would salvaging, repairing, and selling parts of these scythes be valuable? I think that it would be a huge money maker as the scythes that have been pledged for need upgrades and more people will want to buy the repaired ones. Especially once the version 2 scythes come out. Do you guys see any issues with this?

Steps to do it:

Go out with an idris with a cutlass for salvage and a hornet for disabling

Attract some scythes and disable /distroy them.

Repair the ones you can and salvage the others for parts.

Once your hold is full of parts and you have some scythes in your hold head for UEE territory.

It might not be as save as hauling or mining but it will make a ton more credits and be way more engaging then any "regular professions".

What do you all think? 

Alfred Drake, wfja and Leggo like this

I believe my official Vanduul Hunters thread is in the Imperium section of the forum. I suppose it could be a profession for everyone. B)

I know this is a little late of a comment but due to the fact that this happens more often than I would have thought, (I did it at least 4 times in the last swarm match), the Vanduul might have implemented a dead man's switch attached to the pilots vital sign's. It would be and is a tactic we use to keep valuable and deadly technology and equipment out of enemy hands. Even on the ground we carry thermite grenades to melt the engine blocks of disabled vehicles in the field. We will have to wait and see but I can see this needing to be a bigger joint effort task. Like use a warlock to EMP and then snipe the pilot so when the system reboots the system wouldn't recognize a pilot in the ship and never re-activate the dead man's trigger.

3 hours ago, Th3 Warm0ng3r said:

I know this is a little late of a comment but due to the fact that this happens more often than I would have thought, (I did it at least 4 times in the last swarm match), the Vanduul might have implemented a dead man's switch attached to the pilots vital sign's. It would be and is a tactic we use to keep valuable and deadly technology and equipment out of enemy hands. Even on the ground we carry thermite grenades to melt the engine blocks of disabled vehicles in the field. We will have to wait and see but I can see this needing to be a bigger joint effort task. Like use a warlock to EMP and then snipe the pilot so when the system reboots the system wouldn't recognize a pilot in the ship and never re-activate the dead man's trigger.

A warlock never hurts... especially if you have a backup hornet for sniping, you can em without worrying about position. Also, I think a polaris would be more than enough. You only need to be able to fit the cutlass (which I believed fit –maybe not anymore– ) for offloading cargo and repairing all of the fighters. An idris just means more people/NPCs to pay. You also don't want to attract more attention than necessary.