Forum Updates and Changes

Gallitin

Alright, it's been about 12 hours since the update, but I think we're in a great place.  Everything for the most part is up and running, I'm sure there may be some issues, but please post here and I'll look into.  Below is a list of things that I've noticed have come in the update and are beneficial.

Mobile Skin

I'm debating on installing tapatalk again.  Does anyone even use it?  Was it only used due to the lack of a decent mobile skin prior?  Check out the one that we have now, I think it's pretty awesome.  If there are users that still use Tapatalk I will reinstall.

Mention

Some people have already brought it up that it was missing.  It's actually built into the core now.  It's not under each users name, but it works as before.  Type "@" and start typing the user's name and you will see a drop down appear filtering out the users name you're typing.  Select and go on.

Question Boards

This should only be relevant on the questions board, so if you see somewhere else let me know so I can update.   It's not just selecting an answer, but can up and downvote for best answer, see which are not answered to work on etc...

Tags Required

I know quite a few people that wanted this in the past, but it was a pain to get working.  Well now in the core software I can turn this on and it is.  Hopefully will help with search results.  You need to add at least 1 tag when creating a new topic.  The search utility is already a step above the last, but tags def help identify the content.

Old SCB Theme

I haven't installed it yet, I like this one better.  I may leave this as the default.  What do you all think?  The other I installed, but it needed a lot of customization to get it looking good, but didn't want to mess with until all board functionality was up and going.

TS Bot & Portal

They are down and we are aware.  There were some database changes that I didn't foresee that bombed those other applications.  They will be up soon.  If you have issues with TS permissions that need addressing before just PM me or leave a post here and I'll handle for you.

I'm sure there is more that will come up in the coming days, but this is all I have for now.  Thanks everyone for being patient during the transition.  Leave comments here and I'll keep the OP updated with the outstanding issues and status.

Signature SCB Link Embedding

I know there is an issue here.  It seems if you had a link to another SCB post in your signature it is auto embedding the actual post into your sig.  I'm working on a solution for it, just so you know it's flagged.

o7

Outstanding Issues:

• Tapatalk - Awaiting update from Tapatalk
  • Signature Embedding Links
  • TS Bot & Portal & Portal 2
  • Old SCB Theme
  • Calendar Index Page Error
  • Back to the top button
Edited by Gallitin

I like this current theme, at least for the forum boxes/content. I do think the background is too light and unfitting of the darkness of the forum though.  I think this new theme should remain default.

Unfortunately for everything else I can't comment since it is being fixed or I don't use (tapatalk).

I like this current theme, at least for the forum boxes/content. I do think the background is too light and unfitting of the darkness of the forum though.  I think this new theme should remain default.

Unfortunately for everything else I can't comment since it is being fixed or I don't use (tapatalk).

What do you think, a darker space nebula deal then?  I thought the purple was a nice touch.

I like the new look, though it'll take a little bit of time getting used to it and the navigation.

I am a heavy Tapatalk user, and unfortunately since the update I can no longer log in using Tapatalk.  I'm still trying a few things and will let you know.

EDIT: just tried removing the forum from my follow list, then re-adding.  Now I'm getting a "get_config network" error... not sure why.

Edited by Buckaroo

What do you think, a darker space nebula deal then?  I thought the purple was a nice touch.

It definitely is, the purple. It is the lighter pink that seems too bright. But yea, a darker nebula would probably work better. Or you can open the current image up in GIMP and just darken the lighter colors a bit. :)

I like the new look, though it'll take a little bit of time getting used to it and the navigation.

I am a heavy Tapatalk user, and unfortunately since the update I can no longer log in using Tapatalk.  I'm still trying a few things and will let you know.

EDIT: just tried removing the forum from my follow list, then re-adding.  Now I'm getting a "get_config network" error... not sure why.

Got it, it's because I haven't added it back yet.

Just wanted to make sure someone used it before reapplying.  I'll get it added.

I use tapatalk a lot, so this feature is a must for me. Its great way to respond quickly when not at your computer. I did run into a lot issues in the past where if I had my personal messages organized via folders, the only ones that I could see were the ones that were not designated to a subfolder, rendering 95% of my inbox useless.

The "@" feature needs to stay for sure. Not sure if it is the implemenation or what, but many of the older posts are not being formatted properly, meaning the feature is not working.

Besides the teamspeak widget, also need the UTC world clock as well as the base radio widget up and running.

Thats all I got, change is hard, but change is for better.

Edited by Doopsums

All in all, good update. Ditto on the Tapatalk and background stuff. I'm using the mobile skin right now, definitely superior. Perhaps keep whatever theme you come up with as the default, and put the old skin as an alternative theme? I noticed you can select it in the bottom left corner, and I like the SC sci fi touch of the old one…

Thanks for doing all this @Gallitin!

This new UI is awesome @Gallitin. Awesome work here! A nice change from the previous design. Although I noticed that the -core/center- of the nebula in the background is in the center of the thread. It would be nice to shift the center of the background somewhere else, so it doesnt gets blocked from the forum/threads/posts. That's probably just the only peeve of mine :)

I've seen a couple of forums asking me to use taptalk, hadn't really used it yet and not sure what good does it do lol.

Edit: Any idea how to change the display name now?

Edited by Sumeragi

Just came across a problem: I can't search the forums on my Android with FF (latest version). The keyboard comes up when I click into the search field and vanishes almost immediately. Only copy/paste works.

Can anyone else confirm?

I prefer the new look over the old one. Actually always thought the old one had to many transparent elements to it. This one feels modern and clean, really nice. Background is idk.. it's okay for me, don't care if you change it.

Tested the mobile version aswell (HTC One M8), also very nice. :)

Only thing i just noticed, while writing this post, there is not "preview" button for my post? o_O

And also, one thing that already bothered me with the last forum, why do we get an empty line in our post when we press ENTER? There is like space for another sentence there. Don't know how to descripe it otherwise.

Edited by Aiko

Only thing i just noticed, while writing this post, there is not "preview" button for my post? o_O

And also, one thing that already bothered me with the last forum, why do we get an empty line in our post when we press ENTER? There is like space for another sentence there. Don't know how to descripe it otherwise.

Not sure why the removed preview, but yeah it's gone.

The line is just for formatting so text is easier to read.

Noticed a few other things I'll add.

1. Tapatalk will be installed tomorrow

2. Feedback system needs an update.

3. Secondary icons such as MVP, Donator, Exemplary Member need to be fixed.

I was wondering why tapatalk wasn't working anymore ;) meh ether way works for me, I just with I would stop poping up on my screen hey use this app instead :)

@Gallitin I've tried to access the calendar and it gives this error: 

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/starcit/public_html/forums/system/Member/Member.php on line 1347

Creating a new event works fine though 

@Maverick Tested with Chrome on Android but same problem, the advanced search works though

Edited by Nameless