WAVE 5 - Confirmed Concept Ships + New Ideas [POLL]

VoA

WAVE 5 - Confirmed Concept Ships + New Ideas [POLL]= See OP for Details  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 5th Starter Ship to join the Aurora, Mustang, Reliant and Dragonfly:

• Aegis Terrapin
    • Anvil Hurricane
    • None of the Above - I have another suggested Starter Ship Posted in this thread.
    • None of the Above - I think we have enough Starter Ships (let's have a larger ship)
  2. 2. If CIG adds another TNGS - which one would you prefer?

• Shadowmantis (TNGS)
    • Phoenix (TNGS)
    • Rhino (TNGS)
    • Scimitar (TNGS)
    • AX-14 Silverback (TNGS)
    • Brutus (TNGS)
    • A114X Boomslang (TNGS)
  3. 3. Vote on your preference for the Community Created Ship examples below:

• Northstar - Blackjack
    • Anvil Hygeia
    • Markon Wings - Hopper
    • The Osiris
    • Other Ships (one of the ships in Video - see link in OP)
    • None of the Above - Post your Own Ship on this thread below (see OP)

JUST IN FROM BEN - 5/30/16
23:22 - Ship Release Pipeline

0.jpg

OLD + NEW Sections to OP below... ++ See RSI Forum Sister Thread

OLD = Yesterday on INN's live interview Ben Lesnick (INN will post the recording on Saturday) (Summary Notes) ..... Confirmed that there will be a Wave 5 Concept Ship Sale and confirmed two of the Ships in the Wave 5 sale !!!

-----

The Two ships Confirmed to be in the Wave 5 Concept Sale are:

1. Drake Dragonfly - Lisa O. has been pushing for this ship on ATV and Ben confirmed yesterday that it will get developed.

2. New Corvette - CR on 10FTC confirmed awhile ago that since the Idris was converted to a Frigate that CIG would develop a new Military Corvette (probably a civilian Variant). Ben Confirmed this again in the INN interview yesterday.

------

Idea Ships:

1. Manticore (even though CIG has talked about this ship it could end up being a UEE only ship like the F8 Lighting - not available to players or civilians): -- What is the MANTICORE? According to Travis Day of CIG it was an unintentional leak off of their Internal Wiki (see 3min into interview) --->> Travis Day answers the question: "What is the Manticore?" 

2. 5th Starter Ship - Please Vote which ship you would prefer as the 5th Starter Ship to join the Aurora, Mustang, Reliant and Dragonfly:

* Aegis Terrapin
* Anvil Hurricane

3. The Next Great Starship (TNGS) - another (or more) of TNGS could make it into the Wave 5 Concept Sale - Please Vote which of TNGS ship you would prefer:
* Shadowmantis (TNGS)
* Phoenix (TNGS)
* Rhino (TNGS)
* Scimitar (TNGS)
* AX-14 Silverback (TNGS)
* Brutus (TNGS)
* A114X Boomslang (TNGS) 

-----

The community has developed a number of great ships for Star Citizen. Vote on your preference for the examples below:
1. Northstar - Blackjack
2. Anvil Hygeia
3. Markon Wings - Hopper
4. The Osiris
5. Other Ships
6. Post your Own Ship on this thread below

///////

NEW 

Typically the MEDIUM sized specialty / profession - ships will NOT HAVE refineries or drones like their penultimate (larger) ship counterparts.

Below is my theory-crafted list of likely MEDIUM sized Specialty Ships.... in addition to the New Corvette and Drake Dragonfly as being part of the WAVE 5 Concept Ships we will see developed by CIG in 2016:

1) Medium Mining Ship = The Terrapin would likely get re-concepted as a Medium Ship Mining Ship (not a Starter Ship) but it still won't have the built-in refining option like the Orion.

2) Tug Ship = The Tug Ship will be Re-Concepted as a Variant of the Anvil Crucible (per latest JP mag.)

3) Re-Supply Ship = This will also be a Variant of the Anvil Crucible (per latest JP mag.)

4) Medium Fuel Ship = To complement the Starfarer we will likely see a Medium Fuel ship... but it still won't have the built-in refining option like the Starfarer.

5) Medium Repair Ship = To complement the Crucible we will likely see a Medium Repair ship that can still form the Miller ERS -->> without just drones....

Does the Crucible still have the Miller ERS or the towing capabilities?

“Yes.” The Miller ERS has been replaced by repair drones while we explore how to meaningfully enable construction actions on the scale implied by the Miller ERS.

6) Medium Farming Ship = To complement the Olympic Class Endeavor it would be easy for CIG to create a Single Farming Dome - medium sized - farming ship.

7) Troop Transport Ship = We will likely see a "larger" drop ship to compliment the Redeemer, Retaliator (with Drop Ship module) and Prowler and this "larger" drop ship will likely be the Variant of the Genesis Starliner - called the Starlifter (see image below) (CIG has already mentioned this). There will also likely be other Genesis variants per image below.... and also talked about in JP magazine.
wuFXGcE.png

---------

Specialties / Professions that we are NOT LIKELY to see developed as additional Medium WAVE 5 Concept Ships (to compliment their respective penultimate ships).... are:

a) Salvage Ship = there are existing ships that can be good salvage ships like the 315p (tractor), Reliant Kore, Cutlass Black, and Caterpillar that can all compliment a Reclaimer.

b ) Passanger Ship = there are existing ships that can be good passenger ships with decent living quarters for passenger transport like the Mustang Beta, Base Retaliator with Living Modules, and other ships with passenger modules to compliment the Genesis Starliner

c) VIP Shuttle / Touring Ship = there are enough existing luxury ships like the Aurora LX, 300 series and Phoenix to complement the 890 Jump.

d) Exploration Ship = there are existing ships of various sizes that are good exploration ships, like the 315P, Freelancer Dur, Aquila which all compliment the Carrack.

e) Science Ship = with the introduction of the Reliant Sen it is less likely that Science will see an additional medium ship to compliment the Endeavor.

f) Info Running Ship = there really is no need to have a "medium" ship to compliment the Drake Herald since info-runners would prefer small ships anyway - and the M50 and 350R could also serve as good info-runners.

g) Cargo Ship = we have enough cargo ships

h) Combat Ship = we have enough combat ships (if a TNGS is used it will likely be re-purposed)

i) Trade Ship = The Banu Merchantman is the Penultimate Trade ship (with built-in Bazaar) but we also have the Caterpillar which is suppose to function the same way (even if it is more specialized for re-selling salvaged or stolen items) - per Randy's ATV interview.

j) Medical Ship = the Cutlass Red already serves as a medium ship to complement the Hope Class Endeavor (Hospital Ship) - so its unlikely we will see an additional medium - medical - specialty ship.

===========================================================

NOTE - Keep in mind that CIG will have about a year (2016) to develop the new WAVE 5 concept ships & the concept artists are not the same developers that will be modeling and detailing / finishing out the existing ships or PU.

I think it would be very cool if the new concept corvette was alien made rather than human!!! Maybe Banu!!! Based on what the merchant man looks like I think their corvette-P would look sick!!!

And for all you old guys, sick= cool...lol

Cheers, AstroJak

oh lord, they really want my money haha

I am actually not too excited for that wave, they seem to be all military ships. I still have to get an endeavor, crucible and starliner first which will be expensive already.

I don't have enough time to investigate the description of each ship, but personally I'd like to see more medium-to-heavy fighters with more range & armor. I know we already have the Vanguard but the more the merrier. For me the Boomslang and Shadowmantis both look the best.

Love the Scimitar and the Hygeia. I would go with the Osiris if it was showing any kind of progress or the Sato Dragon in a heartbeat. VoA where is that option?

Didn't know about the Sato Dragon (or I missed it after not seeing it for awhile) - but that's why I mentioned for people to post on the thread if they know of another ship or have ship of their own.  Provide it's link please and also copy it on the Sister Thread in the RSI Forums - Thanks :)

Its now after work and i can look at all the links... i would vote, phoenix, Blackjack and boomslang in that order.

the surprise pick for me was the Blackjack, which i think was pretty awesome to see in the roundtable.

p.s. @VoA, where do you find the time to do all this work and still do your design work? oh yeah and have a life as well? Regardless, thanks for the thread...you've earned a gold star!!!

cheers,

AJ

Its now after work and i can look at all the links... i would vote, phoenix, Blackjack and boomslang in that order.

the surprise pick for me was the Blackjack, which i think was pretty awesome to see in the roundtable.

p.s. @VoA, where do you find the time to do all this work and still do your design work? oh yeah and have a life as well? Regardless, thanks for the thread...you've earned a gold star!!!

cheers,

AJ

Well.... even though I can squeak in time for finding cool Star Citizen news and tid-bits......  I haven't had the time to play much AC since AC0.8-0.9 back in Nov.  .... but gaming time is on the Horizon (our old house sold - and moving into the apartment until the new house is built) :)

oh lord, they really want my money haha

I am actually not too excited for that wave, they seem to be all military ships. I still have to get an endeavor, crucible and starliner first which will be expensive already.

Remember that this is not an official list. These are just a couple of ships that have been talked about in the past or are fan created.

It is possible we'll see another (official) poll where we can vote on the wave 5 ships. Just like we were able to vote for the wave 3 and 4 ships and wave 4 isn't finished yet. Actually the last wave 3 ship has been the Hull series. The Reliant and Vanguard were the first wave 4 ships for sale.

There's still the Espera Prowler, the Crucible, the Genesis Class, and the Endeavor, which now counts as two ships. So at least 5 ships for wave 4.

They put up a concept sale at least once a month, so the next possible sale is either late June or early July. Which means, with a total of 5 concept ships, late November/early December will see the last concept sale of wave 4.

In this week's Bensday with Ben & Batgirl........ Ben confirms these ships below (for Wave 5 Concept Ships)

• CIG will develop more dedicated smaller ships (not necessarily Starter Ships) for the major professions like Science, Medical, Mining, etc...
  • CIG plans on developing "at least TWO" of TNGS for Star Citizen and "probably more" 

where's the new corvette? kinda lost. too busy these days...

Gone from something "planned to happen"........ to a bit more than that.... Ben mentioned it would be part of the Wave 5 Concept Ships but it doesn't have a Concept Artist assigned to it yet.

Can someone link me to a resource detailing the different waves? For instance, what's remaining in this wave (wave 4 IIRC), when does Wave 5 begin, and how many more waves are planned?

Can someone link me to a resource detailing the different waves? For instance, what's remaining in this wave (wave 4 IIRC), when does Wave 5 begin, and how many more waves are planned?

I often use Google for searches like this.  For Wave 4 the remaining ships (likely in this order):

1. Genesis Star-Liner
  2. MISC Endeavor-Class Science Ship
  3. Anvil Crucible
  4. MISC Hope-Class Medical Ship
  5. Espera Prowler (*Ben just mentioned this would be the last of Wave 4 ships)

==========

This INN interview is the first we have heard of a Wave 5 Concept Ship Sale.  I'll be moving over the weekend so maybe someone like @GeraldEvans can post the recorded video of the interview for those that missed it (INN mentioned they would  post it today).