Windows 10 Pro IP

AMD 9590 5Ghz

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2

AMD Radeon R9 290

32 GB of Corsair Vengence 1866 Mhz RAM

Closed loop Corsair iH80

Logitech G19 KB

Logitech MX Master mouse (Darkfield)

Logitech G940 (Slightly tweaked to shut off FFB)

Logitech G930 7.1 Headset

Track IR

1 Intel SSD (Windows Drive)

1 Kingston SSD (StarCitizen Only)
8TB For Programs and, Storage space
1050 Watt PSU
Battery back up w/ 24 minute run time 

Trying to decide if this fall if I want to get the TM Warthog w/pedals, or get another video card, or wait till SC is released for the 2nd video card.

Sorry for the blurry photos, couldn't get the camera set right this morning for low light.

wIhri2C.jpg

s0YrA2q.jpg

Don't hit the red button please. Here the eject is supposed to be amber, the Auto Destruct is Red. If I can figure out where to place the "include" I can have the game keep this color scheme. 

nmatb6C.jpg

I got my 280 today! I didn't expect it to be so long but thankfully my case is large enough. Manual doesn't say anything about the button on the card but I'm assuming it is related to the BIOS or OC'ing. Anyways, just wanted to update my rig for the thread. :)

CPU: i5-4670k
MOBO: MSI Z87-G55
GPU: Sapphire R9 280 Dual X 3GB
PSU: Corsair CX600M (gotta get a 750w soon)
RAM: Corsair 8GB
CASE: Cooler Master Haf 912

I haven't OC'd it yet but it plays Star Citizen Medium on 1920x1080p at smooth framerates, and on High it will occasionally drop to 29 from 40 when explosions occur or in heavy places (no ini tweaks yet but I suspect I will get lots of improvement when I do). Either way I'm happy though for sure! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Just upped from 8gb to 16gb of ram. SC runs so much smoother in the Hangar now. PC actually uses just over 8gb when SC running but hopefully this will be reduced with optimization.

Also Awaiting a Samsung Evo 850 1TB SSD, going to run my games off that. Hopefully help SC a little.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

CPU : Intel Core i7 4770K @4.3 GHz.
COOLER : Arctic freezer i30. I was broke, okay?!
GPU : GTX 970 Strix 4GB.
RAM : 16 GB of Corsair LP @ 1866 Mhz
PSU : Corsair AX760
HDD : A 64GB Adata SSD, a 500GB Samsung 840 Evo, and a 1TB HDD of unknown brand.
MOBO : MSI Z-87 G45 Gaming.
CASE : Cooler Master Storm Scout II

Pretty proud of her, even though she's getting wrinkly with age she still manages everything smooth as butter. I'm tempted to turn that 970 into a 1080, but college fees demand me to be cautious with my spending. This does mean however that by the time I can get a new GPU, the 1100 series might be on the shelves.

So, I upgraded a bit (complete understatement) from what I had. I built a new system, and went for a more powerful and higher end that what I already had.

i7-6700k and EVGA 1080 FTW Edition makes for an amazing combo, just saying. Planning on doing a full closed liquid cooling loop and adding in another 1080 sometime around December. Merry Christmas to me :)

Parts list thus far:

CPU:  i7-6700k @ 4.4GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Edition @ 2100MHz

PSU: Corsair RMx 1000 Watt Modular Power Supply

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2800MHz

Mobo: ASUS Z170 Sabertooth TUF Motherboard - Digital Camo

Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 240m AIO Liquid Cooler & 3x CM 140 Stock

Storage: 

1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

1x 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM HardDrive

1x 2TB WD Green 5400RPM HardDrive

Case: CM Master Case Maker 5

Here is a picture of my current setup, more to come. Fair warning - the lighting sucks in my room, and the setup is still a WIP:

20160904_181040.jpg

Edited by Kyo
Added parts list

• 1 month later...

@Kyo dude, I'm waiting on the rest of my parts to finish building my first rig... I ordered a 1070 FTW because of money constraints and i've got the worst GPU envy right now XD
Noooooice rig. I wouldn't change the lighting, it's got character.

Edited by bryceedmundo

It's alive!!!

Case: Corsair 750D

MBO: ASUS X99 a II

CPU: Intel 6800K 6 core/3.4

RAM: Corsair Vengance LED 32gb/3000

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

CPUC: Corsair H115i

SSD: Samaung 750 Evo 120gb

" 500gb

5 Noctua PWM case fans :D

Things I want to add:

NVMe/PCIe SSD

Cablemod sleeved cables [black and white]

Capture Card

Moar SSDs

Another set of the RAM that's already in there to fill the other 4 sockets.

Camera doesn't do it justice, she looks so nice through the tinted window with the lights off. Is the first PC I've ever built, POST and installs went with with no issues, pretty stoked with myself.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 10/29/2016 at 1:04 AM, bryceedmundo said:

@Kyo dude, I'm waiting on the rest of my parts to finish building my first rig... I ordered a 1070 FTW because of money constraints and i've got the worst GPU envy right now XD
Noooooice rig. I wouldn't change the lighting, it's got character.

3 hours ago, bryceedmundo said:

It's alive!!!

Things I want to add:

NVMe/PCIe SSD

Cablemod sleeved cables [black and white]

Capture Card

Moar SSDs

Another set of the RAM that's already in there to fill the other 4 sockets.

Camera doesn't do it justice, she looks so nice through the tinted window with the lights off. Is the first PC I've ever built, POST and installs went with with no issues, pretty stoked with myself.

[pic]

[pic]

Daaaaaaamn, that looks sexy in the light! Very well done :D I think you did a great job! Which Corsair RAM is that exactly?? Lightning (probably the wrong name) edition??

I'm totally with you on getting sleeved cables. Really wanting to grab white so I can stick with the black and white theme I have going.

Going to end up buying another SSD (I have an M.2 socket but I don't know anything about them), another EVGA 1080 FTW in the next month or so, and then when I move to an apartment in January I plan on implementing my full liquid cooling loop :D 

It's going to be amaaaaaazing to game on <3

Edited by Kyo
Left something out

@Kyo Pretty sure i't literally just called Corsair Vengeance LED... here is the link to the one I got, Australian website... https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36020/corsair-vengeance-led-cmu32gx4m4c3000c15-32gb-4x8gb-ddr4/

ANOTHER 1080? :P
My next big upgrade will be to a single Titan XP when they're more available and I have the money... my 1070 seems to be doing juuuuust fine for now though. 

RE Custom water cooling loop: awesome, I looked at getting one of EK CPU kits to start me off but I can't help but feel that custom loops are a bit dead... cost and effectiveness of AIO's seem too good to turn down VS the risk/cost/maintenance of a full loop. My 1070 hasn't broken 56 degrees running SC at 4k High. That said, it will always have a place in dual GPU enthusiast set ups. 

RE SSD: Yeah I do a lot of console gaming too and want to get recording and editing for a hobby YouTube channel.... want to get a 500gb NVMe to use as a cache for when i'm editing.

IMAG0037.jpg

My Z77 motherboard died so made a new rig. Sorry for the glare.

Specs:

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.5GHz

MB: Asus Z107 Deluxe

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 3000MHz

SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2

GPU: GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz

Case: Lian-Li PC-O7s

PSU: Corsair AX860i

Fan: x3 LTT Edition Noctua NF-F12

Rad: Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS

Res: DDC X-Res CSO

Fittings and Blocks: EKWB

Tubing: PrimoChill 

Fluid: Mayhems Pastel Extreme White 

LED: NZXT Hue+

UPS: CyberPower CP1350AVRLCD

On 11/3/2016 at 1:25 AM, bryceedmundo said:

ANOTHER 1080? :P
My next big upgrade will be to a single Titan XP when they're more available and I have the money... my 1070 seems to be doing juuuuust fine for now though. 

RE Custom water cooling loop: awesome, I looked at getting one of EK CPU kits to start me off but I can't help but feel that custom loops are a bit dead... cost and effectiveness of AIO's seem too good to turn down VS the risk/cost/maintenance of a full loop. My 1070 hasn't broken 56 degrees running SC at 4k High. That said, it will always have a place in dual GPU enthusiast set ups. 

Oh yeah man, there's always enough room for more power ;) Plus, I had a two card configuration in mind when I started this build in the first place, so just following through with the plans :3 

Yeah, I am currently using an H110 v2 AIO from Corsair, so the CPU is fine, but my GPUs will still be air cooled which is no bueno. Custom loops are dead?? *overwhelmingly hysterical laugh* I don't really think they are, but that's just me. If they were, EK and other cooler companies wouldn't be doing as well as they are. 

5 hours ago, LethalSurge said:

IMAG0037.jpg

That looks absolutely beautiful. Well done!

FX-8350

ASUS 990FX 2.0

EVGA 850W G2 w/EVGA power cable set

32GB 1833 DDR3 RAM (4 x 8GB sticks)

2 x EVGA GTX970 SSC w/EVGA bridge (if you want a matching GPU instead of spending a bunch more for a GTX 1070 or 1080, look at EVGA's b-stock pages)(I got a second GTX 970 SSC for $150, my first for $310)

Carbide 540 Air case

Acer 1440p 25" IPS

Viewsonic 1080p 22" IPS

Win 10 64-bit PRO

4 x 2TB HDD

1x 4TB backup HDD

500GB Samsung 750 EVO for OS

250GB Samsung 850 EVO for SC and Sq42

1 x 140mm rear exhaust fan (stock)

3 x 120mm Antec silent front intake fans (to replace the 2 x 140mm fans)

Arctic Cooling 240mm "Liquid Freezer" closed loop radiator w/4 x 120mm fans

DCM filter set (look in computer accessories thread)

Roccat Tyon mouse

Razer Deathstalker Chroma keyboard

M$ Strategic Commander, Razer Orbweaver

2 x 7" Irulu android tablets and 1 x 10" Irulu android tablet (for Roccat power grid use)(inexpensive, btw)

eGWpk9X.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

• 1 month later...

Still working on it.  Just added some Mods to the build.  The white panels are airflow blockers and sound dampening white foam board.  I painted the 950 SSD and the metal decals white.  I have 32gb of the new Corsair LED RAM and the new 500GB 960 EVO on the way.  I plan on painting the RAM shields and bought some small VRAM heaksinks for the M.2 960.  The final piece will be the new 1080ti when that comes out.

IMAG1234_1.jpg

Build update:  Just received my RAM and M.2 960 Evo.  I added some heatsinks to the SSD and on some of the Mobo's larger un-passively cooled chips.  I also did some  coloring on the Metal Manufacturer plates and cut out a small viewing space on my sound board for the PSU.  All I need now is my custom Cables from cablemod.com and I plan on waiting for an MSI 1080 ti which should be 2-3 months.

Current RIG.jpg

IMAG1361.jpg

1 minute ago, Juntau said:

@Tillion That's pretty freaking sweet! GG

Thanks :)! I am happy with how it is coming out.  I do have several cosmetic edits that I think it needs.  I'm taking suggestions too, for those of you out there following the build.

• 1 month later...

Just finished a build of my own:

hv9s5yN.png

Case: Anidees AI Crystal-W (White)

CPU: i7-6700K

RAM: 32GB (16 x 2) G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200Mhz

SSD: Samsung 950 M.2 512GB

HDD: 1TB WD HDD

Motherboard: MSI Gaming Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition

PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM850x 850w 80 plus gold

GFX: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Note: When I took this image, I had yet to do any setup on the software side. At least the construction was finished.