RSI - CONTEST: Animated Intro for ATV's "Ship Shape" Segment

VoA

CONTEST: Animated Intro for ATV's "Ship Shape" Segment

Posted:  10:50AM

Greetings Citizens

If you're a regular watcher of Around the Verse, you've seen our new segment called "Ship Shape." Well, we're having a contest open to citizens interested in contributing an animated intro for the segment. Here are the guidelines:

LENGTH: 4-10 seconds. 11 seconds is right out.
STYLE: Similar to the existing animated intro for Around the Verse. Think colors, materials, fonts, outer space. It doesn't have to be exact or even that close, but keep it in the same ballpark if you want to be considered. It should look like it's part of the same show, even if it's different.
TEXT: Just the words "Ship Shape." Nothing else.
FORMAT: Export to 1080p H.264 mp4 and host on YouTube in an Unlisted video. Post link to the Unlisted video here. Be prepared to provide the original video upon request.

Contest is open through the end of this month. You can use whatever software you wish to get the finished result. If chosen as the winner, we will request the project file and final render and there will be paperwork. YOU GET TO TALK TO TOAST! Also, you'll win A STARFARER GEMINI for your winning efforts.

Posted:  May 19

Wow, lots of feedback! Thanks everyone, this is great. 

Many of the suggestions here I'm looking into already - for example, manufacturer style guides, components, etc. Awesome to hear we're on the same page, and lots of other great ideas here for sure. 

I'll look into whether it makes sense to do quick "news style" updates periodically, maybe the first show of every month. I don't think it's realistic to do that as a standalone episode every other week, and it might get redundant to include every show since some stages take awhile, but I'm not opposed to high level updates. I think the only reason we've been shy historically is because we didn't have a dedicated ship producer... and the information would need to be curated in case we want to keep a few things as surprises down the line. ;) 

Aww man, I wish I could do something like this...well, I wish good luck to anyone entering!

Maybe the next contest will be something more people can enter into. :)