Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VoA

MISC Reliant - Mini Hauler & Variants

288 posts in this topic

According to the newsletter that I got in my email, you can get a $10 discount if you CCU an Aurora (any variant) to a Reliant Kore. Apparently you can't use store credit for it though so it will have to be fresh cash.

Ofcourse the original price of the Reliant during concept was $50 and got raised to $65 now so you will still pay more than the concept sale, but if you really wanted that Reliant Kore you can now get it for only $5 extra (compared to the concept sale).

Just FYI! Personally I'm going to stick to my Avenger as a light cargo hauler. ;)

I am still debating between the Kore, Titan, and Tana. The Kore has more space and the Titan has a very different look. The tana is great as it carries about (??) as much as the titan but has more amenities (but probably sacrifices combat. Has CIG confirmed that if  take the module out of the tana I will get a Kore?

Secondly, how much do you guys think the tana will go up in price for the anniversary sale? I have a cci from a kore to a tana and I was wondering I could use the price bump to increase the "value" (I know it doesn't increase melt value) of my pledge. How much will the herald go for? If the Tana and herald are the same price at the anniversary sale, I might be able to ride the price boost as the herald near completion! :)

The reliant is pretty bad in combat right now and that's in part due to it's odd shape making it an easy target. I know they want to boost its shield power for the Tana and that's what will give it an edge, but if you want a fighter there's bound to be a better ship, and if you want a trader, a Hull A or base freelancer is going to be better anyways 

You can use the price bump like that! I actually have some Titan --> Kore upgrades from when they were the same price and I use them for CCUs as free cash. 

faquarl25 likes this

47 minutes ago, Karmaslap said:

The reliant is pretty bad in combat right now and that's in part due to it's odd shape making it an easy target. I know they want to boost its shield power for the Tana and that's what will give it an edge, but if you want a fighter there's bound to be a better ship, and if you want a trader, a Hull A or base freelancer is going to be better anyways 

You can use the price bump like that! I actually have some Titan --> Kore upgrades from when they were the same price and I use them for CCUs as free cash. 

Thanks for the info!

This is peculiar. The MISC line just went on sale for the Anniversary Expo and I was excited because I could upgrade my original $50 KORE to a TANA Skirmisher for +$15.

GgYa6IX.png

But it turned out that the TANA did not go up in price, causing the CCU to be $0. That was a pleasant surprise as I figured that it would also go up by $15 as the KORE went from $50 to $65 when it was flightready.

I'm not complaining though as I now have a TANA Skirmisher with LTI for $50. :)

Nova-Prime likes this

3 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

This is peculiar. The MISC line just went on sale for the Anniversary Expo and I was excited because I could upgrade my original $50 KORE to a TANA Skirmisher for +$15.

GgYa6IX.png

But it turned out that the TANA did not go up in price, causing the CCU to be $0. That was a pleasant surprise as I figured that it would also go up by $15 as the KORE went from $50 to $65 when it was flightready.

I'm not complaining though as I now have a TANA Skirmisher with LTI for $50. :)

I wanted the tana to go up 15 dollars. I had a ccu from the 315p to the tana. I wanted to get the $15 price boost! :gr_sad:.

By the way, does anyone know what will hold more, the Avenger titan or the reliant tana?

15 minutes ago, faquarl25 said:

I wanted the tana to go up 15 dollars. I had a ccu from the 315p to the tana. I wanted to get the $15 price boost! :gr_sad:.

By the way, does anyone know what will hold more, the Avenger titan or the reliant tana?

Avenger will hold more. The Tana uses up most of its cargo space for sleeper pods and weapon racks. So I'd be surprised if it has more than s SCU of cargospace left with all that stuff inside. Titan is also supposed to have more cargo than the regular Kore already. Like 8 SCU vs 6 SCU or something I think.

11 hours ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Avenger will hold more. The Tana uses up most of its cargo space for sleeper pods and weapon racks. So I'd be surprised if it has more than s SCU of cargospace left with all that stuff inside. Titan is also supposed to have more cargo than the regular Kore already. Like 8 SCU vs 6 SCU or something I think.

Then what is the point of the kore?

1 minute ago, faquarl25 said:

Then what is the point of the kore?

To have a 2-seater so a buddy can fly along with you and that the ship kinda resembles a B-Wing from Star Wars? That's basically the only reason why I got mine. :P

B-Wing-icon.png

I own the Kore and an upgrade (unapplied) to the Titan Renegade. I like the Titan for it's cargo space. The Kore is an awesome idea on paper but I just can't see myself being successful with a vertically winged ship, as much as I love the 'B-Wing' style. And when you compare each of the cargo areas, Titan has significantly more space.