NFL DRAFT

Irres

Boring this year.  Not a lot of exciting players, can't think of any surprises(except maybe Tn passing up on Philly's fire sale), mainly just teams filling in needed roles.  

Now the real wait is to see how badly Winston screws up and how much Tennessee squanders Mariota's potential.

Never been a SD fan even though I have lived here for 10 years, but they got my favorite RB in this draft, so who knows maybe it's time.

Aside from that I actually really like Tenn's and Arz's draft so far.

I like Kevin White in Chicago, and Parker in Miami  both good fits.

and from a fantasy perspective:

Abdullah, Coleman, and Yeldon will probably produce points immediately. (along with Gordon)

Gurley in St Louis?????  Not sure how that will play out.

I live in Tampa and am not excited about the Jamies pick. Not worth it IMO. We are not going to make the playoffs next year anyways and if you are going to use the next year to develop your QB, why not take Mariota, who is a more physically gifted kid with a better head on his shoulders!?

Mariota was the better pick and safer for sure.

But I think you will be happy with Jamies a year from now.  He has risk for sure, but his upside is pretty good too.  He is clutch if nothing else.  However I agree I am not sure his upside is higher than Mariota by much if at all.

Its pretty easy to be clutch when you had a consistently more talented team around you than your opponents in college. He is now entering a shitty team, with a weak o line, a coaching staff that has NEVER developed consistent qb play nor is known for having a great offense, all while playing against faster, more athletic athletes. I don't see it ending well.

My prediction: Jameis does O-K his first year, team has a terrible record again. Year 2, Winston gets hurt, lovie is gone, and everyone in Tampa continues to support a dysfunctional franchise.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk