VoA

Bensday with Batgirl and Ben episode 17

1: What happens to my character if I start off on a friend's ship and have to log out? If the NPC dies, then what?

• Your character will be replaced as an NPC, but with instructions to return to the nearest safe zone.
  • They will still man a turret.
  • We're not sure what happens to the Death od a replacement NPC.

2: Can we have an actual clock for the galaxy, 24 hour = date?

• Yes.
  • One of the things that Earth and Terra are battling over is that Earth wants everything Earth standard.

3: Limited ships will be purchasable at Gamescon by concierge members and subscribers?

• Yes, but you'll be able to buy them on the site even if you're not going.
  • Those doing it in person will get a registration.

4: We're going to be able to name our ships. When will be be able to see that? Before the PU Alpha or the Social module?

• It should come with the paint system. Not sure when that's going to launch.

5: Will there be IFF tags so you can see if a ship is safe or not? What about pirates?

• There will be IFF codes and there will be pirates trying to send out faked counter codes, and non-pirates trying to counter the counter codes.

6: Will we see the pledge store move from the site to in-game?

• There's no plan to do that. Buying UEC in-game feels scuzzy.

7: Do you see the pledge store going away at retail?

• We're thinking more of buying limited credits on the site and you can do what you want with them in the game.
  • You may have to be at the right place and right time to buy a limited ship.

8: Is the current plan to release the PU after the final chapter of S42 (in 2017)

• No. The PU will come out after Chapter 1.
  • You may be recalled to duty in S42 for the next two chapters but those are the next games, not holdups on the PU.

9: What's up with the ridiculous Aurora nerfing?

• They'll continue getting balanced until it's all balanced.

10: The Phoenix comes with the Automated Weapon Defense system. Is it separate or does it take up one of my turrets?

• It's seperate.

11: Are we coing to see a character creator between now and 2.0? How will we recognize each other?

• The character creator will come after the social module, but it will be rough at first.
  • No comment on what comes with the social module.

12: What is Jenny Varner's role?

• She is a community content producer.
  • Responsible for tracking content, etc.
  • She's going to be involved in live events.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VoA
      https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/3-7-trade-economy-is-a-massive-step-back/2436975
      jmuehle.cig@jmuehle_cig Yesterday at 10:50 pm
      Hi Jack,

Thanks for the effort you've put into this, and the passion you have for trading gameplay! I'm glad to hear that you loved the changes with 3.6.

As you pointed out, the prices in this 3.7 aren't just close to 3.5 prices, they're exactly 3.5 prices. Due to an oversight, old values for trade routes were added over the values set in 3.6 when we added new inventory for the hand-minable items. We've already taken measures to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again in the future.

Citizens, rejoice! 3.6 prices will be restored as soon as possible. Your diligence is very much appreciated, and your commitment is exactly what makes Star Citizen great!
    • By Pharesm
      Those in Concierge may have noticed Third's topic on the $0 CCU removal having backfired completely, by formulating the database operation incorrectly.
      Some $0 CCUs that originally cost money before pricing changes were removed
      A lot of $0 CCUs that were free, now have a value due to price changes and have been left on accounts.

• By John Daemons
      Hi! I am John Daemons, founder of 92.9 Orbital FM.
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNyHnlTAUl2n-WI1_KBltMw1G3BGyEra4
      Check it out and if you like the project and would like to participate, let’s get in touch! 
      o7 see ya ‘round the verse !
    • By VoA
      Star Citizen | Chris Roberts Interview - Funding The Game

Star Citizen interview — Why Chris Roberts raised another $46 million to finish sci-fi universe
      DEAN TAKAHASHI@DEANTAK DECEMBER 20, 2018 10:15 AM  
    • By Nord
      I'm curious, what is the average salary for a developer at CIG?
      Doing a quick google search the lowest is around $44k a year to $120k a year for a game developer. This is in the US. CIG has multiple studios around the world which also differentiate the average income. Let's say the average across all studios is $60k a year (a "wild" guess) and they now have around 500 employees. That's $30 million each year.
      Do we know how much CIG has used on salaries since 2012? I don't know the math here since I don't know all the numbers, but my wild guess would be around $80-90 million since 2012. If you add properties and other costs I'm thinking we are around $130 million in total. Giving them a $70 million + buffer, which is a 2 year salary guarantee for those 500 employees.  

If this is even close, I feel comfort in knowing the funding is still going strong and they have at least 2 years to finish it up if money stops flowing.