Chimaera

Special Announcement RE: The Base Radio

Greetings everyone!

As we have had some questions related to the position and role that "The Base Radio", found at http://radio.starcitizenbase.com/, has within Imperium. So, without further ado, let me make an official clarification and declaration:

THE BASE RADIO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IMPERIUM!

*cough*

I hope that's clear enough. :)

Now for those people who are currently :huh: let me provide a bit of an explanation.

Imperium is a Star Citizen organization that is based out of the Star Citizen Base community forums. It has a membership of over 3,700 at the time of this posting and is considered one of the largest Star Citizen communities, as well as the largest "exclusive" (read as members sans affiliates) communities in Star Citizen. However, it is worth noting that the overall membership of Star Citizen Base is around 10,000 people...just a SLIGHTLY BIGGER (sarcasm intended) number than the Imperium membership. So please do not equate membership on SCB as membership in Imperium-that is not the case at all. If you wish to know more you can ask an Imperium diplomat, or check us out at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/IMPERIUM.

The Base is THE Premier Star Citizen radio station, which as been based out of Star Citizen Base since its inception. Some of the staff ARE members of Imperium, but just as many of the staff are NOT Imperium members in any way, shape, or form. The Base even has its own RSI Organization page, showing its own community credits and organizational aspirations. While this more functions as a way for people to show their absolute LOVE toward The Base Radio, it is a completely separate entity from Imperium.  In fact, any organization, whether they be lawful or rogue, are more than welcome to contact The Base Radio's PR mogul at management@thebase.sc to set up a possible interview or discuss PR or promotional materials with The Base. If you feel like checking out "The Base Radio", go to http://radio.starcitizenbase.com or https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/THEBASE.

As always, please feel free to ask a moderator or an Imperium Diplomat for some information if you need it, but also feel free to PM @Ricko13 @Rellim @Zhane for more information.

Cheers all and see you on "The Base"!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Juntau
      2017 is coming to a close. The SCB Round Table is out to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and all the jazz whether you celebrate one, all or none of the above during the last scheduled show of the year. Today is a special episode featuring Tyler Witkin from the CIG community team and two HUGE giveaways. Check out the info graphics for more details. See you there at https://www.twitch.tv/thebaseradio

In addition, don't miss The Seaman Show featuring Imperium's own @stefmarster running one hour prior to the SCBRT.

• By Rellim
      www.thebase.sc
      twitch.tv/thebaseradio

Monkeys!
      For people that have been around longer, they probably know what I’m talking about. Because It’s time.
      It’s time for that yearly Anniversary serverfire-show… say whut?
      To celebrate our station’s continuing growth and because we’ve been a proud part of the Star Citizen community since January 2014, we want to host a very special anniversary show, where we will give away lots of stuff, have special guests, and basically have fun! But of course there is no show without you, so tell your friends, parents, children, monkeys, dogs, banu-friends and any other living entities to come over, because we at The Base Radio need to hold to our motto and at least break something during the show (preferably set a server on fire)!
      Come break The Base Radio with us!
      When?
      Sunday, June 19th
      23 Central Europe
      21 UTC
      17 Eastern
      14 Pacific
      Different timezone? Click here
      Where? That depends. There are several ways to tune into The Base Radio:
      Through twitch at twitch.tv/thebaseradio
      Through shoutcast radio devices or players. Links for that available in our Popup player
      On your phone / tablet through either the twitch.tv app, or shoutcast apps like TuneInRadio
    • By Rellim
      www.thebase.sc

Hello everyone,
      I'm creating this post in the fleets recruitment section because I wanted to reach out to all the Star Citizen Organizations that come by our fan forums to recruit and post their topics here. 
      As you may know, The Base Radio is a fan-run Star Citizen radio station, independent, and without any intention for profit. Donations we get are 100% put back into running the station (server costs, giveaways and so on), and the crew that runs it earn no money from that. 
      None of the 'ads' that run on our station pay us any money (which is why i often mark them with ''), in fact, all of them are star citizen themed 'lore-ads', handed to us by passionate people from for instance the various Twitch Streamers, Organizations, or podcasts out there. 

Your Organization can also have a spot in our 'ad' collection!
      How? 
      In the form of a short radio-ad, which will randomly run between songs on our radio station.
      Aimed length: 20-50 seconds  File format: prefer ".wav" May include music (we are a legally licensed radio station) Cannot include profanity (may be *beeped* out) May include a short web address in the metadata (which will show up on our twitch stream) Why should you do this?
      Simple. It expands your reach further, since our station streams on shoutcast and twitch 24/7, and regularly new players come by to check out what we have to offer. Also, it expands our coverage and variety to anything that has to do with Star Citizen, and furthermore: ITS COOL!
      To make this happen, there are two possible options:
      You send us a voice track (for instance recorded by someone of your org), and we can mix it into a radio ad for you.  You create the mixed completed version of the radio ad which will be ready for use.  Please note option 1 requires us to set aside time to do it, which is why we encourage you do try to do it yourself, and we can give you feedback on it if you so require. 
      It doesn't cost you anything to run your ad on our radio station.
      Further questions? Don't hesitate to ask here. If you prefer a more private conversation, you can pm me, or email us at management@thebase.sc
      See you all in the 'Verse! 
      Rellim
      The Base Radio Management
      www.thebase.sc
      ps. 

• By Rellim
      Hello!
      First off a quick thank you to @wfja, for giving away a Gladius on the last SCB Round Table show!! Congrats to the winner!
      I just posted all interviews made with fans and backers that @Doopsums and @Calexus did on the event floor at CitizenCon Manchester 2015 on our website:
      http://radio.starcitizenbase.com/citizencon-recap-fan-interviews/