VoA

Happy $76 Million Everyone!

Awesome. We should all be proud, being a part of a project as cool as this. In years we'll look back, look at all the neg rep that people give this project about it being too far fetched, and give them the middle finger while I'm sipping wine on my 890 Jump. 

Gratz us!  :D

I must have missed it, but what's the reason each Million isn't awarding a 'backer's gift' anymore?  Each million doesn't mean as much now as it did when they had under 10 Mil?

Gratz us!   :D

I must have missed it, but what's the reason each Million isn't awarding a 'backer's gift' anymore?  Each million doesn't mean as much now as it did when they had under 10 Mil?

They've decided to no longer do this, because people started to ask "why does it need 1 million to make a space plant", despite CIG also hired more developers. Though media and other people focused on the negative aspect (or turned it into one). Every million meant a new letter, basically just saying "Hey we made another million", because sometimes they made a couple of millions within a week or two.

Stretch goals are meant for important milestones, that weren't possible before, because they need more money (for example better MoCap equipment). Though by now CIG gets enough money (and also already has a lot) to expand the game further than they've ever imagined, thus they keep improving the game in every way.

It also became incredibly hard to think of a unique feature. It doesn't mean they won't stop adding new things (e.g the new damage model), but they want to focus on the game and so we're getting design documents, that tell us more about the game.

Woo hoo! That's super exciting. I was just thinking about what a huge jump in sales they're going to get once the Vanguard goes on sale. Especially at the price point they discussed haha. 

not sure about that, a lot of people will be melting stuffs and some people will pass, since 250 USD is rather punitive price.

If they had set the price at 200 they would have got much more money.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By StarC_Newbie
      all comments within are my opinions.

--------------------

The question i am asking is this:

Are we hurting ourselves / RSI by continuing to give them FREE money / adding backing money ? 

---------------------

Make no mistake every time we add to the backing it is money they dont have to repay anyone. 

It does add to the over all Valuation of CIG / RSI as a company since its used to build the studio and as marketing reference.

Considering the recorded sale of both Digital Anvil and Point of no Return are we pushing the RSI / CIG valuation to the point that we doom it to sale by CR & the other partners?

If we dont doom it to sale are we making the product / game delayed due to the steady influx of free cash to RSI ?

By constantly backing via the never ending ship sales do we prevent RSI from developing healthy business models for funding and expenditures ?

Do we allow unrealistic "perfection" goals for a game that inherently can never be perfect ?

Do we send the message that they dont have to live up to the hype that got this all started ?

We backed for Star Citizen, we let them add in another full game ( SQ42 ). Are we sending the message ... hey add in another AAA game to this Star Citizen budget we will wait even longer and fund all 3 !

Sooner or later you cut your child off and say good luck in the world ...... It is the BEST thing you can do FOR them.

I believe at almost 160 million we have given that child ( SC ) life and the ability to go forth and mature on its own now.

StarC

Please add in your thoughts but be respectful of all views.
    • By AEVUM
      incredible CIG has now made $130,000,000 That is $5,000,000 in just under a month thanks to the Polaris and the Militia Mobilization Initiative.  

• By pyro nl
      they rly sell well. nice discount offcourse on that presale with nice manual and shipnumber
    • By AEVUM
      That is a huge amount of money.

• By VoA
      Congratulations CIG! $120 million! 
      Wow - SC 3.0 and the Gamescom presentation really blew everyone away - perhaps NMS flop had something to do with it as well