Star Citizen VS Eve Online: Mining Gameplay - Who Does It Best?

VoA

Star Citizen VS Eve Online: Mining Gameplay - Who Does It Best? = Good video to watch if you are on the fence about the RSI Orion.  Remember today is the last day of the Concept Sale where you can get LTI and the Hangar Flare (and this will be the lowest price it will ever be for Sale for - including when it is available in-game in the PU). EDIT - Guess it went off sale yesterday :(  I never thought I would be a miner but I picked up this beauty as a Squadron Ship (where people can borrow it as needed).   :wub:

Prefer the EVE Online model over a "Minigame - we simulate tremors and shit" or "If a noob does it you are screwed" and "It's different but still repetitive".

I rather want it simple instead of it being awesome at first and an annoyance later.

Prefer the EVE Online model over a "Minigame - we simulate tremors and shit" or "If a noob does it you are screwed" and "It's different but still repetitive".

I rather want it simple instead of it being awesome at first and an annoyance later.

"To each their own".  I probably would not have purchased the RSI Orion if mining was a decade old point / click / wait / monotonous exercise ;)

Star Citizen VS Eve Online: Mining Gameplay - Who Does It Best?

There won't really be any competition to Star Citizen mining from other games. Mining in SC isn't an afterthought, as in "Oh, and we'll have some mining too."

Personally, I don't understand why other games like EVE or ED have mining at all, when it's so shallow and boring. I mean, why make something like this? Do they think players want this? Or don't they care about what players say? Or are players simply so used to what they get in other games that they don't complain?

I think the latter must be the main reason. And in a nutshell that's why SC will be revolutionary - players will finally have something deep and challenging to play. Not because they caused an uproar and forced game publishers to make something better (because nobody did), not because they asked CIG to do it either (because nobody thought it was possible), but because a visionary game maker wants to make this and hopes others will like it too.

Now, take the complexity of mining and apply that to other occupations in Star Citizen ... Then you'll see what SC is becoming.

One of the big differences Star Citizen has over EVE is that player actions may have a smaller impact on global economy, because Citizens compete against NPC mining crews and NPC mining craft. I can imagine situations where the NPCs act as a buffer against hostile player market manipulation, and in less rosy ones where they effectively lower the value of players time through direct competition. I think that EVE's willingness to let players run the economy vs SC's desire to place a player in a living NPC community is a major difference between the two, and may have more importance to player reward from trading or mining than actual game mechanics.

At least this is the trend from them regarding industrial matters.  Has anyone heard differently?

I remember that mining and trading on freelancer multiplayer servers were far from mindless...and quite terrifying really.

Who does it better? NOBODY KNOWS! Why? Because we don't know how the SC system ACTUALLY works. Once we get that info in reality (not concept) then we will see. That having been said, I always found EvE's "zap asteroid belts til the asteroids magically disappear" model to be quite unsatisfying, so the idea that mining an asteroid in SC would take a LONG TIME and, oftentimes, huge operations, I like that a lot more than EvE's.

Great find voa! Really appreciate the post. Im also not much of a miner but im glad that they are making it way harder than eve online. Definately dont want to see any multiboxing going on and I dont think they want any part of their game to allow for it. (Way it shoukd be imo).