Ascent - The Space Game

Khad Rogo

Evening Pilots,

I just wanted to post this new space sim that I've just only heard about, it was released on Steam only two days ago (27/02/15);

screenshot_11.png

"Ascent is a PVE sandbox space MMO with 270,000,000,000 star systems and an emphasis on strong Sci Fi, exploration, colonization, starbase construction, research and technology, mining and farming, trading and combat. Outside first sector, everything in game is made by players." - Steam

If your one like me, who is craving for the PU and has been hugely disappointed with ED then check out either the steam link or their website http://www.thespacegame.com/....Least in this game you can actually land on planets that you have discovered and get out......ohh did I mention everything in outside the first sector is player made......

See you in the verse pilots!

Khad Rogo

Rear Admiral

I also saw it, and it does look interesting. It has a very small comminuty however, and that is blocking me from getting it. I'm afraid it will feel like a single player game, without any player interaction.

But being rather cheap, I may end up getting it anyways

Curiosity won; I purchased it yesterday.

Didn't have much time to play, i'm halfway through the tutorial (which, by the way, does not hold you by hand; it makes you think about what you must do to progress, which is the best way of learning things in my opinion).

Can't really express an opinion after such a short time, but first impressions:

• The starting areas had quite a number of people in it - game didn't feel empty at all
  • People online were friendly and helpful
  • Despite the simple appearance, there seems to be quite a deep layer of gamelay mechanics, and lots of playstile options
  • Graphics are pretty bad, and I can't understand reviewers on steam who say otherwise. Not that I particularly care, just surprised that some people found it attractive
  • UI seems pretty straightforward (again, in contrast to some reviews - but personally I found it easily understandable. Then again, I also read of people complaining about the tutorial; I guess it depends on how you approach games - I don't like extreme hand holding)
  • Combat seems simple and not very engaging, but I understand it's due for an overhaul soon

i also got it, i thinks its a pretty good game for that price!

well its a little bit buggy sometimes, but so far nothing that a relog couldnt handle (and rly not that often)

the ppl are really helpful and sell stuff pretty cheap to new ppl

to combat: there is only pve combat and only in one zone as far as i heard, its more a T&I/explo game than combat ;)

im really looking forward to exploring, now that i got my mammoth, only need a hyperdrive and im good to go!

Might hev to give this a whirl. I was considering this game and another that was remastered but couldnt think of the name. Homeworld or sumthing like that.

Love to hear ur thoughts on both games to see which I should try out while im waiting for this game to release.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Occhi
      This package includes a rare AMD Mustang Omega, Self-Land Hangar and SC+SQ42 access.
      Have this for the longest of time but I never play the game nor have plans to do so.
      Price: 110 USD

Paypal only

• By HotelVictorTango
      When can we expect a waifu body pillow in our quantum traveling space dogs?
    • By revan1210
      Greetings fellow Citizens! Pretty excited to start interacting with everyone. As the game evolves in development, I see group play being a very dominant role in the verse.
    • By PTFO_Nico
      To be honest I've followed this game for years but feel it's about time to jump in and see how it runs on my setup.

• By AHomelessWalrus
      Howdy everyone,
      As many of you may remember, Imperium and friends previously became fairly heavily involved in the Life is Feudal MMO upon its early access release. With our superior numbers we established one hell of a defensible base, set up production lines for all needed materials like food, weapons, and armor, and used our diplomatic skills to carve out a respectable sphere of influence, at one point nearly controlling an entire half of a server grid between ourselves and our vassals. We were involved in many wars, fielded a well-known cavalry corps, and participated in great battles like this regularly:
      Taking a Chinese base with no survivors
      While the going was great while the group was still active, slowly people began to part ways with Life is Feudal for a variety of reasons, and the group was whittled down to a shadow of its former self. Today, Imperium's presence in Life is Feudal MMO is an odd one, with a core group 3-4 active players essentially focused on the sole objective of maintaining a base intended to house dozens of people. We have stockpiles of weapons but no-one to use them, piles of armor but no-one to wear it. We've essentially got the fruits of countless hours of grinding but nobody around to actually use them. In light of this, I've decided to put together the following:
      On Friday night (5/23/2018) at 7:30 EST, I'll be gathering as many people as possible and we'll set out on a great expedition from the base. A ton of the older guilds around during LiF MMOs heyday have more or less died out, and left what are essentially ruins behind. I intend for us to explore around the map (particularly the eastern island and northern areas, which are the most war-torn), looting abandoned settlements as we find them and killing hostile players if we encounter them. If we manage to say alive until 10PM EST, judgement hour will begin and various castles will become vulnerable to raids, and if we find a suitable target in our explorations we may as well launch a raid as well. All needed supplies will be provided for those who show up, everything from weapons to horses to potions to siege equipment, and the responsibility you will have is ensuring your character stats are high enough to use the weapons and armor you request. We've already got around 8-10 players intending to show up, and anyone else interested is obviously encouraged to give it a try. If you're a new player, you get LiF:YO (and thus MMO access) on g2a for around $10 now, and if you're an old player looking to come back, I can't think of a better time where you'll be able to jump right into the best parts of the game, skipping the grinding aspects.
      I think it'll be a great time, and I hope to see you there!