The Base - SCB Community Radio

Zhane

NmIncVJ.png

Building a Better Base

Did You Know?

Star Citizen Base has its own radio station! The Base is a fully licensed online radio station that has been part of the SCB community for over a year now. You can listen via the sidebar widget on the forums, or by going to radio.starcitizenbase.com. You can also follow The Base on Twitter (@starcitizenbase) and Twitch (twitch.tv/thebaseradio).

Live Content & Podcasts

The Base’s Friday Night Live Show is our flagship program, but The Base features a number of other Star Citizen shows and podcasts, as well as live music content from our DJs - and we’re always looking to expand our offerings!

In addition to podcasts and live DJs, The Base’s “auto DJ” provides music 24/7, pulling from playlists curated by our members. To find all the live content on The Base, all you have to do is click the word Schedule on our homepage.

Refocus, Rebuild: SCB Community Radio

The Base had a great first year, but we can do better! Going forward, we want The Base to focus on the community here at Star Citizen Base, and we’re going to be working hard to increase our interaction with our great listeners here at SCB - we want to be YOUR community radio station. Star Citizen Base is the best community and forum for SC fans, and we want to be a bigger part of it!

Get Involved

Turning The Base into an awesome community resource for SCB members isn’t something we can do on our own - we need your help! Is there something you want to hear on The Base, or better yet, something you want to DO on The Base? Let us know! Whether you want to try your hand at being a DJ, or you have ideas for other content, we want you on board!

Here’s a few ideas for things that we’d be excited to have on The Base… do any of them sound like something you’d be interested in doing?

Star Citizen lore discussions / “in fiction” broadcasts

Star Citizen theorycrafting

In-depth discussion of Star Citizen news

Non-Star Citizen gaming news/roundtable

SCB community highlights

SCB community member interviews

Fleet news (Not just Imperium!)

These are just a few ideas for things that could happen on The Base with your help. Have a crazy idea you're not sure would work? We want to hear it! If you want to get involved, send a PM here on SCB to @Ricko13, @Zhane, or @Rellim.

Better Than Ever

To everyone who’s been part of The Base over the last year - whether that’s as a participant or a listener - thank you. Without you The Base wouldn't exist, and without your help it won’t grow into the valued SCB community resource we want it to be. If you've listened to The Base and enjoyed it, thanks! We’re deeply grateful to those who have stuck with us over the last year through our ups and downs, and we’re determined to evolve into something even better as we move forward.

Perhaps more importantly, if you've listened to The Base in the past and haven’t found value in what we had to offer, let us know what you’d change. Better yet, get involved and change it yourself. The Base is YOUR community radio, and if you feel we’re not providing content that you want to listen to, help us make it happen.

Thanks for reading all this! We look forward to working with the members of SCB to make The Base into the Best Damn Star Citizen Community Radio Station Ever!

-----

REMINDER: Disco Lando is appearing on The Base TONIGHT! Catch the show at midnight UTC at radio.starcitizenbase.com or on Twitch.

Stand by every word. thank you zhane

On another note, we are in the progress of revamping our website at radio.starcitizenbase.com and may need some help from some web developers or designers that can help us change our website into a true SCB-like format.

Anyone from tech/media that knows how we can take this on?

Stand by every word. thank you zhane

On another note, we are in the progress of revamping our website at radio.starcitizenbase.com and may need some help from some web developers or designers that can help us change our website into a true SCB-like format.

Anyone from tech/media that knows how we can take this on?

I´ve promised I´ll help with the site design and it´s still on my agenda. I started with some pre-alpha designs, so I´ll be in touch when I have some updates and PSD for you.