Ongoing Discussion updated as of 8 March 2019 MOAR component discounts

Gremlich

• 2 weeks later...

Fluance is selling all their surround sound speakers for 25% off the sale price in a "post-black friday" sale:

http://fluance.com

You can buy better speakers than what they sell, but for the money, you can't, or that's the opinion I've seen over and over.  I have their SX series in my living room and I think its great.  Just bought some new ones to replace the cheapies at my computer.

They normally only do a sale like this for a day or two twice a year (I'm on their email list, but don't hear from them very often), so this is pretty exceptional.  They're a Canadian company and their dollar is a lot weaker to the US dollar lately, so I'm guessing my dollar just buys a lot more than it used to, thus they can justify the sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Irulu products (TABLETS) on sale! I use 2x 7" Irulu tablets (Kitkat 4.4) for Roccat powergrid. There are 9" tablets for $40!!

10.1" quad core tablets running 5.1 Lillipop - $50

7" tablets IPS for $40

stuff up to 80% off  --  keep in mind these tablets don't have a lot of RAM, but I'm just using them as interface devices with Roccat's software. At these prices, not a bad option and there are a number of different holders available for them to mount in your computer area.

So heads up: Tiger Direct is

1) Not accepting any more returns or refunds under any circumstances.  They are going out of business and liquidating their stock. 

2) They are advertising a ton of stuff as being 50% off right now.  Of course, its more risky because of no returns.  And be careful that they didn't do a Circuit City - like scam where they raised their prices 1.95x before the 50% off sale.  All this said, there might be some legit bargains to be found.

• 2 weeks later...

New Newegg sales that expire 2359hrs PST on 17 Jan

These expire on the 20th

These expire on the 21st

Microcenter deals that expire on the same day

If any of you are considering upgrading to a whole new build later this year, this a great time to be buying components other than CPU, GPU, mobo and RAM. Get yourself a neat case with better air flow and paint it up, get better fans that what come with most cases, get a better name power supply of at least 850W.

I'd wait on SSDs unless you need one now, prices drop all the time of the better brands - I recommend a minimum 120GB SSD for your starcitizen loads, maybe a 256GB to allow for SQ42 as well.

Microcenter deals on lots o stuff - most are in store so lucky us who live near one - they will price match just about anything.

Newegg anniversary deals that expire on 1 February- for my use, but who cares, they get more business

some other Newegg component deals and other stuff  like a samsung evo 850 500GB for $160

EVGA B-stock

and this from newegg, today (26 Feb) for $310, an EVGA GTX 970 SSC  with free Tomb Raider: Rise of the...