Ongoing Discussion updated as of 8 March 2019 MOAR component discounts

Gremlich

I get these notifications in the email - lots of great deals to be found for RAM, SSDs, etc

Newegg and Microcenter, sometimes PNY, mostly Newegg, though, 

really! get moar stuff, NO REALLY!!

buy buy buy!! good deals on SSDs, DDR4 RAM, next gen Intel CPUs

And if you want help kitting out a computer, use pcpartpicker

If you want help building a computer, there are loads of videos on newegg and youtube (for instance 

just go to Youtube and search for "build a gaming computer" and you'll get lots of options to view.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Newegg specials which expire on 25 May 2015

items like an EVGA GTX 970 (04G-P4-2978-KR) for $359 (after using a promo code) and also comes with a $20 rebate

or an ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard for $140 (after using a promo code)

some more specials

EVGA GTX970 with two games - $370 after MIR

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Space_Cowboy83
      So, GPU as well as CPU usage is pretty low at around 70% max respectively in this game and framerates show it - I land at just under 60FPS. Is there any way to fix it? My system runs fine otherwise. Currently no game other than Star Citizen shows this issue. Game is installed on a Samsung 840 Evo SATA SSD.
      Specs:
      Windows 10 21H1 R5 5600x 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MT/s, Dual Rank MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi MSI RTX 2070 Armor Corsair RM650i DxDiag.txt

• By BOG
      I know almost nothing about PC's hardware. I have a Nvidia GTX 970 4GB (I think) and when I start up SC it takes a giant laggy dump all over my screen, I can barely get up out of the bed.
      My situation is dire.
      I need to know what is the bare minimum I can get away with so I can play this game with high graphic settings? 
      I can't afford the high end stuff, i got an i5 with 16 gb ram I can't look at the specs since its in the repair shop and my memory is shot from decades of grass! Any help would be appreciated.
    • By d4everman
      I decided to give this game a shot. The video and sound are very choppy, even when I set the graphis to low. I don't know if its my GPU (NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Super) or something else. The game takes a few minutes just to start. Is there a work around for this? 
    • By Xrm54r
      I have been wanting to get into this game for a bit now and just downloaded and started trying to. The problem I am having is that the games performance is absolutely atrocious. Totally unplayable... Tons of stuttering and low (like 10 or less) FPS on what I think is at least a decent computer. Even on medium settings...

CPU: AMD 9590 AM3+
      GPU: EVGA Nvidia 980 Ti
      Memory: 32GB DDR3
      Game Drive: Samsung 860 Evo

I mean my setup is a few years old but its not so hopelessly crap that I shouldn't be able to run this, but I totally cant use the game, the performance is totally useless. Is there some common issue with this that I can fix? Even on medium settings it runs only like 10ish FPS or less, and the stuttering for texture loading times makes it unplayable. I keep getting issues with textures not loading and getting see through models, even just walking around the beginner space station.

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to start Star Citizen and I don't think my build is that bad, but the games performance is telling me otherwise. Thanks in advance for the help.

• By Gallitin
      Anyone else read about this?  Looks like a nice upgrade at a quarter of the cost if it's really true, but sounds like it.
      The only piece I don't really understand is how is why the 2080TI's are not falling some in price, maybe they will when the 3070 is released?
      https://osgamers.com/2020/10/22/leaked-benchmarks-show-rtx-3070-is-equal-to-rtx-2080-ti/