Gremlich

Compare GPUs at GPUBoss

Just looked there to look at the HD7950 vs the GTX760. Just in case you're on the fence about one of two GPUs, this is at least informative. I suspect this is one of a few sites where you can do this sort of thing.

http://gpuboss.com/

for example: GTX970 vs R9 290X

For me personally, i have seen like 3 others at least. Then again 2 of them are in my native language/companies/sites (Dutch, The netherlands). This is one of the few i have seen in English that are quite similar to what and how i am used to viewing it. :)

Any suggestions for a replacement for a pair of 970s?  Returns are being offered so I'm taking them up on it but What to get to really knock it out of the park on 4k and eventually Rift with maximum settings?

@GeraldEvans, from what i heard and read is that the AMD R9 290X performs better at 4k resolution than the Nvidia GTX 970's. I can't however confirm that myself, as i don't own one. Still the replacement (should you want to) in my honest opinion would be the AMD R9 290X. :)

Edited by rain2reign

@GeraldEvans, from what i heard and read is that the AMD R9 290X performs better at 4k resolution than the Nvidia GTX 970's. I can't however confirm that myself, as i don't own one. Still the replacement (should you want to) in my honest opinion would be the AMD R9 290X. :)

@GeraldEvans

@rain2reign

That's what I replaced my GTX 970 with! XFX R9 290X Black Edition. 

With regard to the OP: I'm not sure which benchmarks GPUBoss is utilizing to come up with such a lopsided score as when I was doing some additional research before replacing the 970, I found that the two are nearly identical with the edge to the 970 in 1080p, and the edge to the 290X in all resolutions above 1080p. YMMV!