Gremlich

Wanna overclock your rig while you're waiting to buy new stuff?

Overclockers.com is the place to go.

here's the link to the "How-tos"

They even have info regarding the GTX960, which has a base clock of 1127Hz, 2Hz over my OC'd GTX760 4GB (base clock of 980Hz) The EVGA card they tested handled 1430Hz during bench.

Wow.

It will even support 2160p!

evga_gtx960ssc-57.jpg

did OC my 295x2 a month ago just because I can (5% core 25% memory clock)

the only game though where that makes a difference is SC in 5760x1080 the other games I play don't need OC 

and SC is unstable in Xfire/SLI currently anyway (and I don't play it much) so I switched back to stock speeds

have to agree though that Overclockers.com is an awesome site

@CyberianK how you do rate the 295x2 for 5760x1080? I finally got started with my gaming room, got three monitors coming in, a lot of people say that the 295x2 is the best for 5760x1080 resolution at the moment, do you recon that is true or are 2 980's better? or should I wait a couple months? (will probably be a couple months before I have saved up enough anyway)

@CyberianK how you do rate the 295x2 for 5760x1080? I finally got started with my gaming room, got three monitors coming in, a lot of people say that the 295x2 is the best for 5760x1080 resolution at the moment, do you recon that is true or are 2 980's better? or should I wait a couple months? (will probably be a couple months before I have saved up enough anyway)

@Xuu to be honest I can't really say

the only game I regularly play in 5760 currently is War Thunder (which is awesome though at max)

you could use this thread https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/186841/crysis-3-benchmarks-in-1440p-2k-5760x1080-and-4k-for-high-end-cards

that does a good job in collection some numbers but how reliable they are you'd have to judge yourself

at the time I bought it 900 series wasn't available so 295x2 was best solution for triple screen

I'll keep it for some time and get a new one only in 2017 when full PU release is coming

no worries! yes I saw that thread already. It shows too that one 295x2 is slightly better than 980 sli. I might just get all my other parts first and then get the gpu last and get one of the newer generation, apparently the 300 series is coming out sooner rather than later :)