Gladiator vs Missile rack shop

Timziito

If you remember the redeemer got a "few" extra guns after it was hanger ready "tho they are implemented yet"

both the  avenger and cutlass or being "adjusted"  you always need to remember nothing is set in stone yet

tho I think the gladiator will have a few missiles on the wing and then some torpedoes in the "bay" ?

Like dan said Its not done yet... and it's kinda hard to balance something you can't fly yet

because it is a bomber it will either use torpedoes or surface bombing  the smaller missiles will probably not hurt the larger ships that much

the MIS and some of the connie's etc  will be able to reload their missiles system on the go.. so if you want to create a hellfire of cluster missiles you need to buy something else ^^

​also remember that it's not cheap to be a missiles spammer ^^ as you will have to buy and restock every time you land ^^

​but it will probably be a pretty awesome sight  with 60 cluster missiles "in the air "

we do have quite a lot of larger ships corvette class + i.e javelin idris + the alien variety and maybe even space installations i.e some of the asteroid bases orgs are able to hold and defend  the planetside will be worked in later on (probably after launch)

hopefully there will probably be different types of bombs and torpedoes, not just the dumb fire once but some with proximity radar to better track smaller corvettes/frigates  but smaller payload 

this is where teamwork will be great you send in fighters to disable thrusters/cover bombers

then you have your gladiators and retaliator bomb the ships

some of the largest ships needs to be disabled and then you will need your boarding teams to enter to either destroy it or take it over.

they cannot be destroyed from the outside

if you want to spam missiles the bombers are probably not the pick for you, as they will carry a few large ordinas that needs precision

but that's just my guess  

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/8/2015 at 6:59 PM, Boildown said:

I still assume the Retaliator will be allowed missiles in place of its torpedoes just like the Gladiator.  Anyone heard anything official about that?

I don't think it will be able to have that option. Its role is heavy bomber which to me says massive torpedoes and/or bombs for taking down large ships or planet carpet bombing. I'm thinking like a b52.

I think the gladiator will be more like the A10 warthog lots of missiles and a few big guns. 

• 2 years later...
On 12/8/2015 at 6:59 PM, Boildown said:

I still assume the Retaliator will be allowed missiles in place of its torpedoes just like the Gladiator.  Anyone heard anything official about that?

I forget the difference between missiles and torpedoes...is it just a speed thing?

In Wing Commander torpedoes were big and slow and could be shot down to save your ship, but if they hit they did huge damage.  Missiles were fast and agile and couldn't be shot down but do less damage.  A lot of other games and TV/Movie franchises have kept to this formula, which is basically based on WW2 conventions.

Seems like the Retaliator won't have the small missile option, just the large torpedo option, based on the loader mechanism.  Shame, really.  The Gladiator looks a lot more flexible but its torpedoes seem to be of a smaller sort than the Retaliator's. There's the spec sheet of course, but there's certainly another balance pass coming for both these ships, so I don't give it a lot of attention.