Insurance?

Wodin

Quick question if I buy a package now does it mean after 6 months (If I get a package with 6 month insurance) if my ship is blown up I loose it if my insurance has run out?

This alone is really putting meoff form backing the game. Realyl don't like the idea of paying out more for say the Origin only to know it can be taken off me at a later date. I mena if you loose it an dhav eno money that means you can't play anymore without having to pay out again.

Or am I wrong and the ship you get with your package you have for life?

Thanks

Yeah, the ones who were in during the pledgedrive have the insurance for lifetime. What is up now are basicly the normal shiphulls with the insurance you would normally pay for (with ingame Credits) in Game. If you just want to be part of Alpha/Beta then the BountyHunter Pledge is the best (300i) or just the Aurora (or whatever ship you don't want to grind for)  

I think Chris said that ship insurance isn't designed to break  your bank, but it is to scale.  The more expensive the ship, the more the insurance.  I think there will be a lot of things you will be able to insure in game.  BTW lifetime insurance only covers stock ship layouts.  Any upgrades, customized load-outs are not covered.  Neither is anything you might be hauling in your cargo.

Quick question if I buy a package now does it mean after 6 months (If I get a package with 6 month insurance) if my ship is blown up I loose it if my insurance has run out? This alone is really putting meoff form backing the game. Realyl don't like the idea of paying out more for say the Origin only to know it can be taken off me at a later date. I mena if you loose it an dhav eno money that means you can't play anymore without having to pay out again. Or am I wrong and the ship you get with your package you have for life? Thanks

You were one of the first members here, you should have purchased then when they offered lifetime insurance.

Unfortunately when the money was due I was skint so had to pull out...single dad and disabled means money can be tight.

You were one of the first members here, you should have purchased then when they offered lifetime insurance.

If you didn't take Gallitin up on his offer send me a pm as well. I already helped about 6 people on reddit get LTI (got reddit gold out of it too) and got Buzby LTi on one of his ships as well that didn't have it.

If you didn't take Gallitin up on his offer send me a pm as well. I already helped about 6 people on reddit get LTI (got reddit gold out of it too) and got Buzby LTi on one of his ships as well that didn't have it.

Nice, I've bought several for people now as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in this myself. Only recently have I found out about Star Citizen, and I find out I missed out on lifetime insurance ships. I'll probably buy the basic package just to avoid paying full retail price for the game, but I kinda want that Origin 300i - with no fear of losing it.

I'm reading a lot of strange info about the ships, such as add-on ships have lifetime insurance, but this can't be the case can it?

Is it possible to get a ship with lifetime insurance?

I'm interested in this myself. Only recently have I found out about Star Citizen, and I find out I missed out on lifetime insurance ships. I'll probably buy the basic package just to avoid paying full retail price for the game, but I kinda want that Origin 300i - with no fear of losing it.

I'm reading a lot of strange info about the ships, such as add-on ships have lifetime insurance, but this can't be the case can it?

Is it possible to get a ship with lifetime insurance?

It might still be possible through some channels, however i expect they will at some point (probably soon) say "no more life time insurance on any new ships".

I'm interested in this myself. Only recently have I found out about Star Citizen, and I find out I missed out on lifetime insurance ships. I'll probably buy the basic package just to avoid paying full retail price for the game, but I kinda want that Origin 300i - with no fear of losing it. I'm reading a lot of strange info about the ships, such as add-on ships have lifetime insurance, but this can't be the case can it? Is it possible to get a ship with lifetime insurance?

do you have a friend who pledged early? If so he can buy the ship then gift it to you thus you would have LTI

do you have a friend who pledged early? If so he can buy the ship then gift it to you thus you would have LTI

Sadly, I do not.

It might still be possible through some channels, however i expect they will at some point (probably soon) say "no more life time insurance on any new ships".

What are these possible channels if you wouldn't mind saying? I get the idea that others can gift LTI ships to others (something I would be extremely grateful for if someone is generous enough to do so for a newcomer such as myself), but I'd appreciate knowing all the options floating about.