1. Ywaik

Ywaik

2. p...

p...

3. CC-Corp

CC-Corp

• Similar Content

• By LowZone
      It's that time again! And if the expo can't come to Orison, maybe some of Orison can come to the Expo!

• By LowZone
      It's (almost) Pico time!

• By LowZone
      This year's Expo is nearly here. I can't wait!

• By SkyLordOwen
      Called it!
      http://1027jackfm.iheart.com/onair/jack-54085/google-searches-for-how-to-move-14440899/
    • By GeraldEvans
      The Official Video:

The Experience:
      Imperium, I welcome you to PAX East!

There are eight computers set up in front of the stage for the FPS module. They're being loaded now and someone is doing a fly-through of the level.

Gremlich, Isnoth, and I drinking Harpoon and waiting for the info.

People are on the stage
      (Remember folks, drinking and delays don't mix.)

....And Chris Roberts graces our presence!!

AC 1.1.0 is on the PTU
      Adds multiplayer free flight. Unlimited exploration of AC's maps Adds eight landing pads:  

CIG wants you to try and break it in every way you can. Try and get in each others' ships, etc. Ship Modularity: You can add a gimbal to almost any gun mount but at the cost of -1 to weapon size. REC lasts for seven days of game play time and adds progression in the form of unlocks. Electronic Access was bought out by Original Systems and is now just a digital storefront. You can rent from them using REC. New damage tech: Uses unique textures based on deformation thickness temperature and burn damage. No longer needs predefined damage states. (Video of turning the Gladius into a rocket powered penis) (Video of writing RSI on a Gladius) Chris mentions that this is the ultimate form of tea-bagging someone in space. Check the end -- notice how the ballistic impacts actually transfer their energy into the ship and push it away.   Retaliator hangar ready. Queue commercial! (You have no idea how good this looks!)

FPS discussion is next up (due in two to three weeks) New animation rig caused some issues which is why FPS is delayed. (Video of new rig and proper gun handling: much better!) In space, wedding tackle is green. Just sayin' Animation goal: to make the world feel real. From zero-g to 1g International Development Software is releasing Space Marine which you'll be able to play in the SimPod. Ablative armor, light armor, and heavy armor shown. Weapons such as a "special" shotgun, sniper rifle, laser-grapple shown. Grenades such as frag, flash, emp shown.  
      FPS will have two arenas in AC to start with: Gold Horizon Station (PAX Australia demo location): 8 v 8 entire environment is destructible Gravity can be changed from Earth normal to zreo-g and back again. Cue Video (They need to get rid of lens flares on the helmet. Seriously) Enders Game battle sphere: 16 v 16 Non-lethal team-based combat Everybody yells, "The Enemies' gate is down!" -(volunteers sit down to demo FPS in zero g.)
      -(I wish I still lived in Boston. Wait, no I don't.)
      -Push pull mechanic is awesome. People are walking hand over hand on the obstacles and slinging themselves forward or kicking off backwards.
      -Nobody is using the grapple to swing.
      -In space you can lose your helmet.
      -Go Nick! Disconnects suck. Devs lose 4-3 (One Dev disconnect right at the end, dies AFK)

Video of the FPS presentation recorded by GamersNexus:

Release schedule shown:
      Next few months:
      FPS module (though CR personally said one to two weeks) Social Module (though he said it would release in April) Middle of 2015:
      Arena Commander 2.0 MultiCrew!

End of 2015:
      First episode of Squadron 42 released Pre-Alpha Persistant Universe. Picture of what you just read:

Chris is leaving to go backstage and do an interview for PC Gamer. No more panels. Time to drink and play!
      PC Gamer Interview courtesy of VoA

Edit: free flight week coupon given out. Give it to friends, they can log in download and play without buying anything!
      PAXEASTFREEFLY2K15 exp 13 Mar 2015

Thanks everybody! We're out!

VoA or others, feel free to post others notes below, and I'll incorporate with credit the OP
      Thanks to CC-Corp , VoA, and LloydM for the additional content and links! CyberianK, I looked for BadNewsBaron but didn't see him. It turns out I had mistaken him for the official videographer!