StarCitizenBase's New Look!

Ostia

Greetings Star Citizen Basers,

With the new year, upon us we felt that it would be nice to keep things fresh here at Star Citizen Base. As the largest, most active unofficial fan forums for Star Citizen with over 9000 registered members, and over 221,000 posts to date, we know that the Star Citizen community relies on these forums as well as those of RSI to keep fully up to date on game, developer, and community news. That being said, we are happy to show off our new front page! If you were like myself when I first joined SCB, and were impressed by the overall design and structure we had back then, I sure you will be impressed by the hours of hard work put in by our team here to bring you a very sleek, new front page.

The front page contains a global registered user map, forum statistics, community links, a news feed, information on Imperium and our Yearly/Monthly reports!

We hope you enjoy the new page and are looking forward to all the new tools we hope to bring you in the future.

Happy New Year everyone!

SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!

*We are currently looking for anyone who wishes to piece news articles together for the front page news feed

*Some kinks are being worked out of the live product. ;)

*Ps. There is an Easter Egg

Looks really nice!  Great work guys!!

The only thing that I would mention is the backgroud picture on the main page makes the division names and symbols disappear/very hard to read. Also on the T&I overview page the yellow background / white text header is difficult to read. Not sure if this is just me, but my browser is in default settings. not overriding site settings.

The only thing that I would mention is the backgroud picture on the main page makes the division names and symbols disappear/very hard to read. Also on the T&I overview page the yellow background / white text header is difficult to read. Not sure if this is just me, but my browser is in default settings. not overriding site settings.

That should be fixed. Had an issue when we went live that didn't appear in the testing phases.

Glad you appreicate it! Makes us really happy to hear feedback like this! 

Also, try clearing your cache and refreshing the page. It should be be fine. If not send me a screenshot.

Thank you @Ostia! Much better. Diplomacy and Tech are overlapping on the main page but the background contrast is so much better. The T&I main page header is still difficult to read though. A black-bordered font maybe?   Also, I love the easter egg!!!

Congrats on finding the easter egg! :D

As Ostia said we´re happy to hear about any feedback you have. Keep it coming!

Cache cleared and reset. And happy to help. I'm always recruiting for Imperium so it's great to have such a polished page to send them to.

8130d90f894eb85c6891719157c71a36.jpg

Imperium at the top difficult to see against the very pale blue. Diplomacy/Technology overlap.

9f1e4422aa16a341a50bc2b55f46c26d.jpg

T&I header and my sad eyeballs.