WIth the release of the lobby system, our friends over at =VX9=, @fireseal and @Dunkelschatten=VX9= have expressed serious interest in cross organization Arena Commander scrimmages. I committed to make an attempt to gauge the level of interest within Imperium and possibly other organizations that utilize the SCB forums. 

As we grow closer to the releases of both AC2.0 and the PU, this is a great opportunity to not only build the skill to survive in the PU but possibly build some friendships. If this is something you would be interesting in participating in, sound off here. 

At this time, this is just a seed of an idea so suggestions and comments on how to make this a successful series of events is always welcome!

This would be something outside of the E-Sports Citizen Commander Tournament system that is being developed (Which will more than likely not be implemented until after the release of the PU). It's just people looking to network, practice and have fun through AC1.0

There are already some people working at a ladder/tournement system @VoA

This would be something outside of the E-Sports Citizen Commander Tournament system that is being developed (Which will more than likely not be implemented until after the release of the PU). It's just people looking to network, practice and have fun through AC1.0

I think this would be awesome and I am sure those who signed up to help develop Citizen Arena (a few dozen people) would be interested in this as well.

Citizen Arena is intended for the entire Star Citizen Community (not just Imperium).  Citizen Arena is also intended as a training ground for people to have casual fun in addition to the option of having competitive E-Sports Tournaments (i.e. we will have "mock" tournaments without prizes for fun).  Unfortunately with the departure of @Stoff we are having a delay in getting our Ladder / Tournament system up and running.  @Core from Fleet Command has stepped in to help.... but right now our Fleet Technology people are focusing on Portal 2.0 (so we need more people that know how to code and are good with tech).

I am happy to see your support for this @VoA

I am sure you will find plenty of support.  I've copied you on the Citizen Arena development thread so you have a detailed understanding of the evolution of Citizen Arena and obviously feel free to post and add suggestions including referencing this thread.  @Prospero is working on a Judges Document and I am sure this would be helpful for your idea as well.   Once you get more momentum on this idea you may want to start a separate PM development thread or you can roll it in and give Citizen Arena a new direction (there are multiple leads to Citizen Arena - no single person is defining its direction - just some are more actively adding to it than others).

As Chimarea has briefly mentioned, I am currently contacting several orgs in an effort to create Inter-Org game nights (which we would host). Arena Commander would be one of the games played during these nights, as we all have it.

I will be sure to contact and add a representative of VX9 to a PM  (@fireseal@Dunkelschatten=VX9= or another if they wish so)

As Chimarea has briefly mentioned, I am currently contacting several orgs in an effort to create Inter-Org game nights (which we would host). Arena Commander would be one of the games played during these nights, as we all have it.

I will be sure to contact and add a representative of VX9 to a PM  (@fireseal@Dunkelschatten=VX9= or another if they wish so)

+1

Were also should see more once everyone is use to the new system and it has been tested out, as everyone has seen with the first week of 1.0 it exploded :P

As far as i can see we should be looking to see a few of these game nights come out soon, with the holidays coming to a close we should see an activity level increase :)

@Ryofar That sounds great, we do a drunken battle friday every week where members of our community get together, drink some cold beverages and game. Let me know what other games you guys are interested in playing and I can get you in touch with our members. Most of our guys are always looking for other groups to scrim with or just to kick it on TS and have some fun.

<-- RSI name.

@ErickPasta came up with a great idea that will assist any of you trying to get involved here. Showing the RSI name needed for invites, as can be seen above my avatar to the left.

Simple to do. Go to Profile Settings and type your RSI ID (the lower, 2nd name) into the MEMBER TITLE slot.

Should eliminate the problem of people having a different name in the AC Lobby site. - DRUM out

Damn this is exciting hope we get other org results on this. I'm sure there will be so many of us that want to participate, how many people can jump in at one time and gets to enjoy this adventure. Realizing there are many members that are tight and will work together in Sq42 & PU what about newbies and guys like myself that are mostly forum surfers but want to be part of this.

I can see the need for Combat Ops to get this down pat more than what I do but nevertheless I will need basic training experience in case I encounter hostiles in the verse.