combat mustang

Metternich70

Depends, do you want your Aurora for cargo? go for the Alpha. it can actually hold more! but for pure combat? the Mustang Delta is significantly superior in my eyes. Weapons loadout is pretty cool, and the added aspect of a one of the most sexy small fighters. Plus in the AC that thing can move, its acceleration is insane, and it can stop in an instant, its as nimble as the M50.

Plus again ... *drool orgasms*

iyJftO8.jpg

has anyone tested it in AC?

Besides being a beauty to the eye, is it effective in combat (let's say, as a M50)?

I've played with it, It's a very nice machine, definitely a glass cannon, it shreds shields apart and is easy to manoeuvre. It has dumb-fire rockets which deal a load of damage when they hit. It only has a max speed of either 200 or 220 [confirmed 200] though, I can't get into the game to verify. It comes with a 2-directional shield as opposed to the Avenger/Hornet 4-directional shield.

EDIT: Max speed is 200.

It is meant to be a cheap starter and "answer" to the Aurora for people who want different capabilities. I personally will probably upgrade one to an exploration model and another to the combat model just so I can have variety.

It might be an alternative, but the Delta seems to have so much maneuverability! It might not be as fast as most, which I think it may get a buff to that at somepoint, considering its size and weight, but its acceleration is insane as well. Smaller flight profile, can easily navigate through the asteroid field with very little effort, not due to its slow speed, but how quick it can change directions. Much better than the Aurora in my opinion.

But in a straight up 1v1 with a Hornet, Gladius, 325a - if it doesn't manage to unload its dumbfires on target, its pretty much toast. Low sig though, so you can get lost in dense asteroid fields.

It is meant to be a cheap starter and "answer" to the Aurora for people who want different capabilities. I personally will probably upgrade one to an exploration model and another to the combat model just so I can have variety.

It's got a sick camper :)

Might be my first exploration ship will I build up some cash, way better space and visual and hen the aurura but might lack the space for cargo

If you want a good combat ship, I'd definitely recommend converting an Aurora into the Mustang Delta, because it's a far superior combat ship.

I had the Legionnaire, and even with its overdrive power plant it was slow and its cannons needed to recharge after only a few seconds. And the LN having twice as many cannons didn't help (the 2 extra cannons should be ballistic cannons so they don't require much power).

The Delta is definitely the better combat ship, because it's like a Hornet Lite. The Delta has a Class-4 turret and a top speed of 200, just like the Hornet. The Delta has good maneuverability so lining up the fixed-mount cannons is much easier than the Aurora. The Delta's rocket pods fire dumb-fire rockets instead of guided missiles like the Aurora, so it has a disadvantage in long range combat, but the rockets could be devastating in-close against larger targets, so I wouldn't necessarily give the edge to the Aurora in the missile category.

Overall, I definitely think that the Mustang Delta is superior to the Aurora as an entry-level combat ship. :)

My analysis of the Mustang Delta is that it's an excellent entry-level combat ship, far superior to the Aurora MR and LN. It has the same top speed of a Hornet but superior agility, which is important because of its fixed-forward Badger repeaters. The class-4 turret is invaluable, giving the Mustang an advantage over the Aurora and the 300 series in dogfighting. The Delta's rockets are dumb-fire but they are fast and devastating; a single pair will usually kill a Scav and they're excellent for spamming Vanduul Aces -- if a hit doesn't kill the Ace it will usually send it pinwheeling and you can finish it off with guns.

The major problem with the Mustang Delta is that it's the epitome of a glass cannon. It is excellent on offence, but weak on defense. IME my Delta was destroyed most often by collisions, typically with Vanduul ships in a knife fight when they suddenly Crazy Ivan-ed me. Scythes and especially Glaives are much tougher than the Mustang, so they'll often survive a collision. I've also noticed that AC1.0 seems to have re-introduced the Vanduul's turn-and-burn tactics, so the threat of head-on collisions has returned. The most dangerous threat is missiles, because unlike most other ships, the Mustang cannot survive a Vanduul missile hit -- it's a one-shot kill! This makes Aces and Alphas extremely dangerous, so it's very difficult to get beyond Wave 10 in a Delta.

I think the Delta is a decent combat ship and it's a lot of fun to fly, but it will be extremely difficult to get far in Vanduul Swarm because of its weak defense and vulnerability to missiles. I haven't tried it in multiplayer yet, but I expect the ship's fragility will be a major handicap.

My analysis of the Mustang Delta is that it's an excellent entry-level combat ship, far superior to the Aurora MR and LN. It has the same top speed of a Hornet but superior agility, which is important because of its fixed-forward Badger repeaters. The class-4 turret is invaluable, giving the Mustang an advantage over the Aurora and the 300 series in dogfighting. The Delta's rockets are dumb-fire but they are fast and devastating; a single pair will usually kill a Scav and they're excellent for spamming Vanduul Aces -- if a hit doesn't kill the Ace it will usually send it pinwheeling and you can finish it off with guns.

The major problem with the Mustang Delta is that it's the epitome of a glass cannon. It is excellent on offence, but weak on defense. IME my Delta was destroyed most often by collisions, typically with Vanduul ships in a knife fight and they suddenly Crazy Ivan-ed me. Scythes and especially Glaives are much tougher than the Mustang, so they'll often survive a collision. I've also noticed that AC1.0 seems to have re-introduced the Vanduul's turn-and-burn tactics, so the threat of head-on collisions has returned. The most dangerous threat is missiles, because unlike most other ships, the Mustang cannot survive a Vanduul missile hit -- it's a one-shot kill! This makes Aces and Alphas extremely dangerous, so it's very difficult to get beyond Wave 10 in a Delta.

I think the Delta is a decent combat ship and it's a lot of fun to fly, but it will be extremely difficult to get far in Vanduul Swarm because of its weak defense and vulnerability to missiles. I haven't tried it in multiplayer yet, but I expect the ship's fragility will be a major handicap.

I agree with this 100%

If your MO is kamikaze org-war pvp, this ship is perfect.  Defenses are not its strong point, so maybe not the perfect ship for pve.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem. I CCUd from an Aurora MR to the Alpha, then upgraded that to a Delta. The nose turret was missing and one of the main thrusters wasn't mounted. I discovered this in the holotable. Also, it appears I cannot change the rocketpods.

I initially experienced a problem with my Mustang Delta after I upgraded my Legionnaire; the problem was that sensors didn't work at all.

I used the tried and true fix of deleting the USER directory under StarCitizen > CitizenClient. The next time I logged into the Star Citizen client it re-downloaded my User info from the server and restored everything to the default settings. That fixed the problem, and IME it resolves a variety of glitches, especially related to upgrading your ships.

This should fix the problem of the missing turret and engine. However, the rocketpods cannot be changed on the Delta. The Mustang is too small to mount standard missiles, which is why most of the models don't have Class-3 hardpoints. The Delta, being the Mustang combat model, has been specially equipped with rocketpods armed with small unguided rockets. Only the Delta has these rocketpods, so they can't be removed or modified.

TBH I don't know why you'd want to remove the rocketpods because they are devastating weapons; they've become my favourite type of missile, despite that they're unguided.