Aegis Idris Frigate

VoA

9 hours ago, Debonair said:

From Concierge reply they forward this:

Idris-K Questions
  • The upgrade kit is not a traditional upgrade, but a kit containing the load-out to update your P into a K.
  • The kit is ONLY for the Idris-P.
  • Kits are available as Credit and Warbond.
  • As mentioned in the email, if a kit is desired in the future by an Idris-P owner, please contact support in order to obtain one.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/concierge-services-update

Thank god. This actually makes it worth to buy. It also suggests that these things (all of the individual components) could be available in in-game shops and such so that you could theoretically upgrade from a P to a K later on without the 250$ buy in price.

BUT it might be only  till  opening day

Now the k version  adds a capital beam cannon,repeater.

Prolly, less range then the rail gun varient. and 2 missile pods shipboard ship capital class missile 

4 point defence weapons wich replace the side medium Remote cannon

Still leaves 2 manned turret. 

The k might be more useful poping the sub caps .on the initial assult.

I am assuming that the m will have an extra power planet. The m will have one single damage. The k has less dmg, but the continues beam piles up. However, there are major flaws in the main weapon. Such as drops shields for 1 and a half minutes (WIP) for the Idris-m. I Think the K knocks out the entire ship, but could be wrong it could be just shields again.

Personally when we heard about it for first time, I suddenly saw the railgun as a ornament from then on in ship to ship combat. It will be pretty deadly (other than the missile turret :P ) PDS will close range fighters as will the missile turret to. The PDS has this thing it won't shoot like players. However, if you have excellent gunners then still with RTs. The beam weapon has some very good things.

Pro you can move the beam during firing to keep you on target.

Pro its a energy weapon, were as the idris m has only 16 rounds and each shot better hit.

Con it does a low dmg if simply tapped the key, but continously will do a lot more damage.

Con fire the weapon pull the ships power plug after each shot. I wonder if we could bring a second power plant which the Idris-m uses.

@Painmiester

No, the 4 RT (2 weapons) are replaced by the PDS (1 weapon).you still have 5 manned turrets and the missile replaced the 6th.

Still wish the actual launch was included :(

8 hours ago, Painmiester said:

My only issue is that it looks like it's only 72months insurance. And not LTI.... 

Now will this be permanentl upgrade.

And those capital guns  not lti...

Haven't bought one yet..

Nope CIG has already confirmed this is an error - and will match the LTI of the original ship upgraded (besides all ships over $1k automatically have LTI

27 minutes ago, VoA said:

Nope CIG has already confirmed this is an error - and will match the LTI of the original ship upgraded (besides all ships over $1k automatically have LTI

Can I get the source of that? Because they went back on that statement last I heard and deleted all traces of that from Spectrum as it was a misunderstanding by the CIG Employee who posted it.

15 hours ago, Athenos said:

giphy.gif

At this point anything that can be chalked up to "malicious intent" from CIG can simply be explained away by stupidity and dysfunction. More likely someone threw out a line preemptively before confirming it with their supervisor and it lead to someone making a statement that had to later be recanted.

In reality though, most people who own the Idris-K kit will probably will have moved on to a Javelin by the time the insurance on the kit runs out.

2 hours ago, J. Coren said:

giphy.gif

At this point anything that can be chalked up to "malicious intent" from CIG can simply be explained away by stupidity and dysfunction. More likely someone threw out a line preemptively before confirming it with their supervisor and it lead to someone making a statement that had to later be recanted.

In reality though, most people who own the Idris-K kit will probably will have moved on to a Javelin by the time the insurance on the kit runs out.

This.

Let's not assume that they had Ill-Will or Malicious Intent. While everyone has a voice and opinion, publicly slamming a company over a communication mistake (unless you are Fallout 76 Style of mistake) is petty at best.

Idris owners were probably already going to get it whether it was LTI or not. Let's be real here.

I'm very sure that many Idris-P owners skipped it solely because of the LTI question.  In the end I got it anyways because 72 months for parts upgrades is indistinguishable from LTI.  Because by the time the 72 months are up, I imagine I'll have sidelined all those parts years ago anyways.

I have not gotten it yet for my P. As if i do it would make me Space Marshall tier.
With recent developments and stability improvements I have now gotten around to investigate, and test all the various weapons and size affects.

Ultimately I see outfitting my P as the long term objective that my own fleet and friends ships will help do.

I got the K upgrade, then I saw it in the Aegis exhibit, then I saw the video by Teller.  It is gigantic, and overwhelming. How many players will it take to just outfit fighters?  Even with automation...the thing is immense.  Imagining just securing it is disturbing.  So much space inside, with so many entrances... Will the insurance replacement time lend for play so conservative, it is rarely exciting?

Honestly speaking... I have fun with a group larger than 20 people maybe 2 or 3 times a year?  Usually my fun is with smaller groups.  2 to 10? I am pretty picky who I want to spend my morsels of free time with.

Its hard to imagine my Idris as fun. I think it is wonderful as a peice of digital art though. Now, with size 10 beam weapon!

7 hours ago, Karazantor said:

Possibly I'm out of the loop here, but my rather old information on Insurance tells me that 72 months is NOT 72 months real time, but 72 months game time.

Yeah that's another piece of information so old we'll need it to be re-iterated to believe.  One amongst dozens more like it.  I used to watch every video they released when Wingman was doing them, and then Chris' 10 for the Chairman, but all those videos are so old and everything they said was subject to change, that I don't know if their intentions then are their intentions now.  This feels like one of those.

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. The desire to have LTI on everything you own is ridiculous. If this is the one thing that you have in your hanger that doesn't have LTI, you're already making out like a bandit even if insurance costs are negligible like CIG has always said. 

Even if its not 6 years of in-game time, its still SIX YEARS. Can you guarantee that you'll still be playing six years after release? Even if this is the game of your dreams, will you still be playing that long? And what happens after that? You buy more insurance for a negligible price and if you can't afford insurance after 6 years of not buying any, you're obviously doing something wrong.

What is in the K kit? Weapons and parts. What doesn't usually have insurance right now? Weapons and parts. What do you have to buy insurance for in the game? Weapons and parts other than stock. You buy the K kit you get weapons and parts with a load of insurance on them. You get to keep your original parts too.

I guess what I have to say is this: buy it or don't buy it, it ultimately doesn't matter. Its a "good deal" insofar as there are any good deals in that online store. Also, there is no reason you can't buy any of these parts in game. What does CIG always say? Everything is obtainable in game. If there aren't any K kits on the market, acquire one from another player. Yes, that is a euphemism. Additionally, there isn't a reason why CIG won't be making more weapons to plug into your size 10 hardpoint or wherever. Having an M rail gun or a K beam laser may not be the only options. If you are buying it because you think you're buying yourself an advantage-thats probably the wrong reason. Buy it because you want to give $250/300 to CIG to do whatever they do with money that we give them. Perhaps they burn it in a bonfire every Christmas.

46 minutes ago, FoxChard said:

I think this whole thing is ridiculous. The desire to have LTI on everything you own is ridiculous. If this is the one thing that you have in your hanger that doesn't have LTI, you're already making out like a bandit even if insurance costs are negligible like CIG has always said. 

Even if its not 6 years of in-game time, its still SIX YEARS. Can you guarantee that you'll still be playing six years after release? Even if this is the game of your dreams, will you still be playing that long? And what happens after that? You buy more insurance for a negligible price and if you can't afford insurance after 6 years of not buying any, you're obviously doing something wrong.

What is in the K kit? Weapons and parts. What doesn't usually have insurance right now? Weapons and parts. What do you have to buy insurance for in the game? Weapons and parts other than stock. You buy the K kit you get weapons and parts with a load of insurance on them. You get to keep your original parts too.

I guess what I have to say is this: buy it or don't buy it, it ultimately doesn't matter. Its a "good deal" insofar as there are any good deals in that online store. Also, there is no reason you can't buy any of these parts in game. What does CIG always say? Everything is obtainable in game. If there aren't any K kits on the market, acquire one from another player. Yes, that is a euphemism. Additionally, there isn't a reason why CIG won't be making more weapons to plug into your size 10 hardpoint or wherever. Having an M rail gun or a K beam laser may not be the only options. If you are buying it because you think you're buying yourself an advantage-thats probably the wrong reason. Buy it because you want to give $250/300 to CIG to do whatever they do with money that we give them. Perhaps they burn it in a bonfire every Christmas.

1 word: Security.

LTI despite being 3 meaningless letters, tells me that I will ALWAYS be able to get my weapons/ships/etc. in the game, provided it is still operating. It is essentially a guarantee that what I spent REAL MONEY on cannot be "lost." This is why I care about LTI. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this (as it is a game), but I would prefer it actually having LTI (Currently only things I have without LTI are the AMD Omega and Intel Sabre).

Honestly, if it weren't for LTI I would have a Constellation and/or Freelancer tops.

And that is exactly why CIG should make all ships or equipment purchased with real money unusable without active insurance on them LTI, 6 mo, or something from in game. That is exactly why they should give all of us pre-beta backers (that is everyone to date) LTI as a reward and as an offer of goodwill. Sure, that will offend a few original backers, so give them something else that is worth their time and faith in the project. A pile of starting UEC on day one would probably work just fine. But this is really one of those things that they just need to buckle down and do. Kill the grey market too while they're at it.

But if its LTI holding you back, DON'T BUY IT. Its simple. As an Idris owner already, you get the chance to buy one whenever you want. 

I agree, but I think Warbond is far more insidious. Buy now at a cheap price or pay more later.  Buy now with new cash, but that money you gave us before? We don't care about the concept of time value of money, its worth less now if you want to change your initial pledge and get this new thing instead.

CIG has been so successful because they just happened to choose the near-perfect carrot and stick mechanisms, along with a leader who is visionary enough, of course.

If there's any justice, just before the point where they freeze our cash-bought assets and eliminate buying non-starter ships for RL money, they'll say, "Hey, we were going to do this all along, but couldn't tell you for funding and planning reasons.  But now that the game is ready and we're going to fund via in-game transactions, you have one month to buy any ship in the game with credit, at warbond prices, with LTI on everything. Its only fair, thanks for supporting Star Citizen during the pre-release development phase."

On 12/10/2018 at 6:33 AM, Trophias said:

72 months = 6 Years. 

It's LTI. Let's just be honest here. 😂

Yes, let's be honest then.

Well, honestly I think that CIG has been going through "convenient errors" and "questionable choices" a bit too often lately.

Such kind of miscommunication on a feature of a product costing 250 USD is not something you expect from a seriuos company.